• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by escrs.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • SRAM Centreline discs – how much? 😱
  • hardtailonly

£30 each? £60 for a full bike?!

Need to replace the SRAM Centreline discs on my gravel bike as they’re pretty scored, and a little bit warped (which will no longer tweak out with an adjustable spanner)

Are the Centreline discs slightly thinner than other makes?

Where else could I get them from cheaper? Anyone bought them off Ali-Express, or similar?https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000351633571.html?_randl_currency=GBP&_randl_shipto=GB&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=494-037-6276&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Gploogle_7_shopping&aff_atform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&&albagn=888888&albcp=1622677378&albag=57224001810&trgt=539263010115&crea=en4000351633571&netw=u&device=m&albpg=539263010115&albpd=en4000351633571&gclid=CjwKCAjwlbr8BRA0EiwAnt4MTvL89dIm1VSTbQteQRAzMaluzkFyBjZtaoSNNqvUhwCXrr1zCZvSBhoCuP8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

footflaps

I’d try a MTB rotor to see if that fits inside the pads…

Kahurangi

Some rotors are 1.7 or 1.8mm, most are 2.0, IIRC. Worth getting some calipers to check your existing pads or looking up the spec?

simondbarnes

£30 is about mid-range price wise for disc rotors. Some of the shimano ones are £75 each.

chakaping
    Free Member

Are the Centreline discs slightly thinner than other makes?

Dunno but I use them interchangably with various other brands on my MTBs without issue.

Sometimes I even have different rotors front and rear!

dc1988

Why not buy other rotors, I find it interesting that Sram sponsored mtb riders almost never run centreline rotors.

footflaps

Some of the shimano ones are £75 each

That’s the Dura Ace ones though….

Daffy

Hope Centerlock are £65 each – SRAM Centreline X are £50 each (on sale).

airvent
    Free Member

Radiator rotors from uberbike, I have one on the front and it seems to shed heat really well, full descent of skiddaw/ullock pike didnt phase it at all. I’m sure it was a touch under 30 pounds for a 203mm.

ssboggy

What size do you need, I’m pretty sure I have a brand new 160mm at home.
    Send me a pm if interested and I’ll have a look when I get home

kelvin

£60 for a full bike?!

Sounds right. Hunted around to get my last set of Shimano rotors under £60. Took a while, and ordering from two sources.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I buy cheap SRAM copies (not centreline) from ebay for £5.99 ish each (203mm) and run them on all my bikes. They work perfectly, and it means the wheels are interchangable if required.

bri-72

I’m running non SRAM rotors in my Gravel bike (SRAM rival brakes). I get horrible rubbing noise but only after going through water or mud. Brakes fine in every other respect and Fairly new. Only conclusion I can think is marginally thicker rotors being the issue.
    Cue me also looking at £60 outlay.
    Never had issue with mtb brakes maybe road/gravel hydros have different clearance/tolerances?

solarider
    Free Member

What size do you need?

mutepoint
    Free Member

Shocking poor quality the Srampoos!

escrs
    Free Member

Hope V4 vented rotors £90-£110 each depending on where you get them

Mine have been perfect on my E-MTB but 203mm is a little bit overkill for a gravel bike lol

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/hope-v4-vented-disc-rotor

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Centreline discs – how much? 😱’ is closed to new replies.