Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • SRAM brake pad alternatives (sorry 🙄)
  • oldfart

I see Uberbike have E Bike specific pads ? 🤔 £12 a pair or just ordinary Sintered or Race Matrix or a different make altogether ? Not keen on paying 20 quid a pop for SRAM ones because they don’t last 5 minutes 🙄

Tracey

Running race matrix in our REs and Saints which have been first class. Have got a couple of sets of E matrix to try. Will be impressed if they are better than the race matrix. Tend to buy in sets of four usually when they have a discount code available

ifindoubtflatout
    Free Member

Race matrix here aswell… All year round.

joebristol

I was running race matrix but I think having tried e-bike race matrix (or whatever they’re called) they have more bite / power than race matrix. Thy ata in Code R’s. I can’t comment on longevity as they’ve not been in long enough yet. So far I’m impressed though.

oldfart

So any discount codes available? 😁

fossy

Race Matrix here. Not seen the discount code for ages, so I plumped up full price for 4 sets – still good for £30.

flicker
    Free Member

The standard sram supplied pads in my guide R brakes worked well, using race matrix now and they are very good.

Kryton57

I recently went back to disco brake semi’s and they are miles better than Uberbike sintered – feel less wooden

oikeith

I have been running the ebike race matrix for a year with no issues. I didnt ride October – March due to injury but with the trails being dry, hard and super fast at the moment I am having no issues with these pads.

As others have said, usually wait for a discount code and buy 4 pairs.

grantyboy
    Free Member

I use Trickstuff, much better than OEM

IvanMTB
    Free Member

SwissStop green for me.

Cheers!
    I.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

E-matrix deal with heat better than race matrix. Having run my first set for a few months now, I think they’re slightly softer on initial bite.

This makes them further along the sliding scale towards a sintered pad without going all the way there.

Works for my riding. I’d rather I had brakes at the high speed/lairy end.

greeny30
    Free Member

Gorilla brakes semi, cheap, good bite, money back guarantee, stronger spring.
    Disco are good too.

philstone

Trickstuff are indeed excellent, but expensive and don’t last long.

I’d stay away from the thicker race matrix, for some reason they seem louder than the standard ones on my Code RSCs.

Dave-j
    Free Member

I use Clarks pads off Ebay, £4.50 a pair, can’t fault them, they are all I will use now.

z1ppy

CL Brake pads for me, expensive but work a load better than the originals IME. I’d rather pay a bit more for something that works well. MY LBS agree, as they stock them now (I’ve been buying them online)

chakaping
    Free Member

Is it only me that just sticks with resin pads to keep things simple (and quiet)?

Never seem to lack power in my Codes or Zees.

I use Clarks pads off Ebay, £4.50 a pair, can’t fault them, they are all I will use now.

Didn’t realise they sold them direct on eBay, nice one.

Tracey

Just swapped my rears out. Didn’t know I had E matrix on front and race matrix on the rear. Put E matrix on the rear and will decide when we get back which to order for spares. Looking at each or the new pads side by side there looks to be more metalic bits on the surface of the E matrix.

oldfart

Ordered some up will see how I get on. One mystery solved though, the Nukeproof pads I put on are the wrong ones as are the Guide Trails, turns out the calipers are Codes 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Cheers Sram for making everything straightforward 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 funny word STANDARD 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘SRAM brake pad alternatives (sorry 🙄)’ is closed to new replies.