Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Springwatch
  • scotroutes

A couple of years ago I linked to some videos recorded by some kids for an RSPB competition. One of my wee buddies was involved

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/a-favour-to-ask/

Anyway, although he didn’t win that, he’s since been heavily involved with the RSPB and the Cairngorms National Park.

He’s scheduled to be on tonights episode of Springwatch. Those who voted back then might like to see how he has come on.

trademark
    Free Member

Watching him right now. What an articulate lad, easy to listen to and a natural presenter.
    All the best to him.

Alpha1653

Xander is awesome! The wife and I actually turned to each other and commented at how proud his parents must be given how confident, articulate and knowledgable he is. I love seeing kids taking an interest in nature!

scotroutes

He’s done a few videos on YouTube if you want to see more.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVnKrXbUga46ABcnwyCEBtw

iainc

Star performance from Xander 👍😀

senorj

He is Ace.
    I have subscribed to his channel. Food for thought for junior J.
    I’ll check out spring watch later . cheers.

Bunnyhop

Absolutely brilliant.

When most children are sitting behind screens and don’t venture out into our countryside, this young articulate 12 year old brings hope.
    I’ve seen him before and could see he will go far. His knowledge and enthusiasm is contagious. Iolo Williams said to Chris Packham “watch out”.
    Xander is definitely a joy to watch and I’m looking forward to seeing more of him in the future.

DezB
    Free Member

Certainly um a lot of er other other other er youtubers could learn eh? a what was it thing or 2 from uhhh that um lad’s presentatioprespresenpresentation skills! He’s great 🙂

Food for thought for junior J.

Ooh, parental expectations..! DezBJr was an articulate and enthusiastic 12 year old. Woop! Now he’s 16. Ugh 😆 (he’s awesome really. Exams though – destroys their enthusiasm for anybloodything.)

whitestone
    Free Member

I’m sure I’ve seen a video of him and his dad bikepacking and camping in either Rothiemurchus or Abernethy forests – might have been one that @Scotroutes linked to a couple
    of years ago.

A fine line for his folks between encouragement and being too pushy. I think Chris Packham started presenting when he was just a teenager as well.

scotroutes

This one Bob?

For those in any doubt, Xander is heavily into Fortnite. It’s not all ants and hoverfly 😊.

scotroutes

He’s on again tonight – with Dad.

whitestone
    Free Member

On now …

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Springwatch’ is closed to new replies.