Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 237 total)
  • spring classics 2022
  • Klunk
    Free Member

Cracking startlist for the opener Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Saturday!

can Pidcock or Van Aert put the QS machine (Lampaert, Declerq, Honore, Keisse, Asgreen, Senechal and Stybar!!!) to the sword ?

flannol
    Free Member

2022 Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
    Sat February 26 196 km

2022 Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne
    Sun February 27 201km

2022 Strade Bianche
    Sat March 05 176 km

2022 Milano-Torino
    Wed March 16 198 km

2022 Milano Sanremo
    Sat March 19 291 km

2022 E3 Saxo Bank Classic
    Fri March 25 203 km

2022 Gent-Wevelgem
    Sun March 27 243 km

2022 Tour of Flanders
    Sun April 03 255km

2022 Scheldeprijs
    Wed April 06 208 km

2022 Brabantse Pijl
    Wed April 13 205km

2022 Amstel Gold Race
    Sun April 17 250 km

2022 La Fleche Wallonne
    Wed April 20 196km

2022 Brittany Classic-Ouest France
    Sat April 23 229 km

2022 Liege–Bastogne–Liege
    Sun April 24 250 km

2022 Clásica San Sebastián
    Sat July 30 219km

2022 Paris-Roubaix
    Sun October 02 258 km

weeksy

NOw we’re talking… can’t wait for a bit of that !!!!

my favourite racing time of the year !

40mpg

How come Paris Roubaix is October again? Likely to be a permanent fixture?

And thanks flannol- that’s some serious sofa time I’m planning 😂

corroded
    Free Member

That list is my idea of TV heaven! Tro Bro Leon on 15 May also worth a watch.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Paris-Roubaix is 17/4

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Amstel Gold is 10/4

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Strade Bianche is 184km

leffeboy

my favourite racing time of the year !

That.  Classics are such a great watch.  At a wedding on Sat which is what GCN on Android is for

slowoldman

I’m getting plenty of beers in.

Paris-Roubaix is 17/4

Yes. No mention of the ladies race on GCN at the moment. Hopefully it will magically appear nearer the time.

13thfloormonk

Yeah I thought P-R had been put back a week due to French elections, is October a copy and paste error from last year’s schedule?

Thanks for the list though, I tend just to go on pot luck with whatever is on Eurosport 😎

thenorthwind

Can anyone decent Youtube channel/on-demand TV channel for catching up with reasonably detailed highlights of the spring classics? i.e. not just 5 minutes but half an hour or an hour.

I’m assuming I can’t watch any of these live, not having Eurosport or anything?

savoyad

@thenorthwind a GCN subscription is your best bet. (but then you’d also be able to watch them live, so…)

tonyd

You can watch all of these and more with a GCN+ sub:

https://help.globalcyclingnetwork.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015566600-United-Kingdom

£40 a year for the sub, £30 at the moment if you are a BC member:

https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/search/article/20210930-25–off-annual-subscription-of-GCN–0

martin_t
    Free Member

I subscribed to Eurosport last year for £20 (half price). I went to cancel on the app and it automatically offered a renewal at £20 again.

Is there anything on GCN that is not on the Eurosport app? I have not found anything yet.

thenorthwind

Thanks, but not really interested enough to pay for a subscription service. I know, content doesn’t grow on trees, etc. etc…

tonyd

A quick google brought these up, might be of use?

https://cycling.today/live-streaming/
    http://www.cyclingfans.com/

Looks like they are covering a lot/all of them, and live too.

13thfloormonk

The GCN app was a pain in the arse for me trying to watch it on my TV. Couldn’t cast from Android phone to LG TV, couldn’t sign in to Discovery App on TV due to Discovery App on phone not talking to Discovery App on TV, etc. etc.

Somebody with more patience, luck or tech savvy than me might get on fine with it but for just collapsing on sofa and switching something on it wasn’t worth the faff so I binned it.

I’d suggest YouTube, worst case you’ll find a feed with either no commentary or Belgian commentary 😂

13thfloormonk

double post

oopnorth
    Free Member

The GCN app was a pain in the arse for me trying to watch it on my TV. Couldn’t cast from Android phone to LG TV, couldn’t sign in to Discovery App on TV due to Discovery App on phone not talking to Discovery App on TV, etc. etc.

Somebody with more patience, luck or tech savvy than me might get on fine with it but for just collapsing on sofa and switching something on it wasn’t worth the faff so I binned it.

I had the same problems with the GCN app through the smart TV, it was just constantly buffering and stopping, I contacted GCN and it’s a problem they are aware of and have been looking at for a year now. It didn’t fill me with confidence that it would get fixed soon, so I moved over to Discovery+ / Eurosport last week, taking advantage of the 50% off deal.

13thfloormonk

If I could just sign up to Discovery App via my TV without having to piss about with phone and/or laptop then they can have my money!

thenorthwind

Thanks @tonyd

stevious

GCN is still a bit behind everyone when it comes to app support, which is a bit frustrating. I saw this on their site and thought it was pretty funny though.

https://help.globalcyclingnetwork.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013664760-Why-can-t-I-watch-it-on-my-Nokia-3210-

martin_t
    Free Member

I get that people don’t want to pay for something, particularly when the money is going to some big cooperate. But my experience of those free streaming sites is that it is a false economy if you place a value on your time and viewing experience – dead streams, forever glitching, foreign or no commentary, ads, pop ups etc.

At £20-40 for an annual Eurosport, GCN+ subscription, it represents a fair product at a fair price.

13thfloormonk

I get that people don’t want to pay for something, particularly when the money is going to some big cooperate. But my experience of those free streaming sites is that it is a false economy if you place a value on your time and viewing experience – dead streams, forever glitching, foreign or no commentary, ads, pop ups etc.

I personally don’t object to paying, but it turns out that for me the ultimate value is convenience, I want the fewest steps required to get some bikes on my TV screen, pronto. Sadly the apps don’t seem to deliver this so I prefer taking my chances with Eurosport channel or Youtube 😎

dovebiker

If I could just sign up to Discovery App via my TV without having to piss about with phone and/or laptop then they can have my money!

I took out a Discovery+ sub and then installed the app on Amazon Prime and can watch everything on the big screen or on my iPad

hardtailonly

Hmm. I’ve a Eurosport sub, but can’t find/get the channel on my TV. What do I need to do?

Klunk
    Free Member

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Hmm. I’ve a Eurosport sub, but can’t find/get the channel on my TV. What do I need to do?

Me too. I recently discovered that with an Android phone you can use Smart View and link it to a smart tv via Wifi. Try the Mirroring app on the TV.

chakaping
    Free Member

. I recently discovered that with an Android phone you can use Smart View and link it to a smart tv via Wifi. Try the Mirroring app on the TV.

It’s enough to make me want to go back to Sky sometimes 😀

I also pay for the Eurosport app but rarely watch it because of the faff involved.

Will try to get my money’s worth for the classics though.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Totally agree. Don’t get me started on their website and scheduling….

leffeboy

Don’t get me started on their website and scheduling….

Try living in Belg and discovering they don’t have the rights to stuff that’s just down the road and everyone else gets to watch 🙁

But of course I could just get off my bum and go and watch it for real 🙂

Klunk
    Free Member

slight diversion, watching UAE tour waiting for main event, Podj is going be tough to beat this year with João Almeida dragging him up the climbs.

Klunk
    Free Member

it’s all kicking off now!

Klunk
    Free Member

so strong!!!! absolutely flying

stevious

zelfs zijn haar is spectaculair:

edited to remove massive spoiler – you can copy/paste the link to learn all you need to know

**https://youtu.be/LjTYwUr4WuA**

Klunk
    Free Member

MvDP riding Milan San Remo, is it just to get some racing in his legs or is he in it to win it ?

Klunk
    Free Member

titanic battle up the poggio !

Klunk
    Free Member

and its won on the descent!

leffeboy

That was amazing descending

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 237 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.