Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)
  • Spinoff from how much to fill up, Whats your MPG
  • Haze

V40 T2 about 33 on the stop/start 7 mile commute, couple more during half term in lighter traffic.

M’way journeys get around 55+

Northwind

19 on LPG. Petrol I don’t really know- it only runs on petrol on cold starts, if I’m dicking about, or if I’ve run out of LPG so it never really does a tank. Mid 20s probably.

chestrockwell

Focus ST170 27-33mpg, Discovery Sport 29-37mpg, both depending on where I’m driving. Meh.

happybiker
    Free Member

Over the last 16k miles- 31mpg, daily commute on dual carriageway- 36mpg in summer, worse in winter.
    Lightly tuned M135i, 400ish bhp.

endoverend

mid 30’s for 400BHP is bloody impressive…..about the same for my 200BHP Cooper S.

stevextc
    Free Member

Genuine Q – why do people track it?

It’s as good entertainment as any on long drives… and I usually do longer drives.
    It’s a bit interactive .. I’ll reset before the run then try and hit a target.
    and as a result keeps my speed down….

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

That bmw figure is amazing, my s3 got 27 for about a hundred hp less!

singletrackmind

Bmw 640d 310bhp 500nm torques approx and will return over 50mpg on a run
    Now that is proper impressive

My shitty v70 however, 52 mpg winter and 55mpg summer. I have a 28mile each way commute, using alot of 2 and 3 Lane road and cruise control set to 62mph

endoverend

Bmw 640d 310bhp 500nm

Yeah, Diesel’s Diesel though innit – may as well club a baby koala to death on every run.

400bhp of good clean petrol..yumyum

not being serious by the way…nice motor

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Navara pickup 2017 35.6 mpg over 30000 miles….. so much better than my mates Ford Ranger he gets 22 mpg its doing his head in driving like miss daisy to get that.

mooman
    Free Member

66 plate 1.2TSI Polo .. on a stop start 17 mile each way commute with aircon always on, and frequent short journeys whilst in work it averages around 48mpg.

Motorway miles easy 55mpg id guess

matt_outandabout

Amazingly our Ovlov V70 (diesel) and Seat Ibiza estate (petrol) both show 44mpg over thousands of mixed miles.
    In reality the SEAT is typical VAG and lies, it’s actually about 38mpg when I calculated a couple of tanks.
    The Volvo is about spot on in reality.

escrs
    Free Member

35 in ’06 A4 2.0t (BUL version 220bhp) but the 70 litre tank means only filling up once every 2 months

That’s slightly better than my one, it averages around 33-34, how may miles does yours do to a litre of oil?

happybiker
    Free Member

Yeah it truly is impressive, and I hardly use the Eco mode. The last 3l I had, diesel Audi A6 Quattro did similar MPG with much less power or more importantly fun….

julians
    Free Member

25mpg for the m4
    33mpg for the diesel kuga
    20mpg for the caterham
    4mpg for the diesel boat

Lionheart
    Free Member

Local eco weather people would like us driving diesels as less CO2, so feel the current emphasis away from them is not helping!

Whole family here, three generations in a wide range of fuel burners:

Golf tdi 52mpg
    Polo tdi 58mpg
    Civic 40mpg pet
    Rav 4 38mpg Pet
    Vito LWB 38mpg
    L200 Pickup 26mpg
    Dellow 24mpg Pet
    Racers: all on track (All running 97 or 110 Ron)
    Pug 106 S1 20mpg
    1960s F3 car 12mpg
    TM530 Supermoto 12mpg
    Honda CR250 10mpg
    OMS Hillclimb car 8mpg
    (As a comparison, told an F1 is 6mpg and a Dakar Pajero 2mpg and an old Blower Bentley around 10mpg) we did own a Clio diesel that frequently did 70mpg plus on runs)

Gachet
    Free Member

Octavia vrs TFSI 36 mpg
    E36 M3 27 mpg

Both like 98 or 99 ron unfortunately!

diz

Seat Cupra 300 manual. Has averaged 40.5 mpg over 17,000 miles of mixed driving. Only every put 99 Ron in it. Fantastic little car, so I’ve ordered another one.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ford Ranger he gets 22 mpg

We had a 2013plate for the farm over two years,  and it was rubbish on more than just the mpg figures. Glad to get shot of the heap.

TedC

2005 Mondeo – hovers between 30 and 31mpg according to the trip computer. Possibly nearer 35mpg on a long motorway trip, offset by 25mpg around town. Not too bad for 3.0l v6.

endoverend

“1960s F3 car 12mpg”

Wait up…I want this guys life….just right for the Tesco’s run.

Sandwich

2000 vintage Saab 9-3 Turbo does 31/32 going backwards and forwards to work. It’s a bit more on a run but I never check it. A tank does around 400 miles commuting as long as I wear slippers. If I get a bit keen you can almost hear polar bears dying out.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Happybiker ..lots of Horsepower ..but the trade-off is that you are driving a car that is ugly as ****..
    And if you cant have fun in a 3.0lV6..you’re doing something wrong ..😁

cubist
    Free Member

I once saw 33mpg from my C63 between Heathrow and Lincoln but normally I get about mid 20s in race mode I can get it down to single figures.

Flaperon

Volvo V60. Between 55 and 65 depending on wind / temperature. Usually trundling between North Yorkshire and Heathrow at about 75mph.

revs1972
    Free Member

Avg 31 in Transit Custom DCIV 170 auto , 33 in T5 140 2.0 DSG

Chopped the transit in for a wildtrack yesterday and picking it up on Tuesday .
    Hoping to get a bit more than 22 as mentioned somewhere above.
    I have found that giving the transit some beans gets a better return than driving miss daisy (on a run anyway)

rone

4 miles per kWh. Kia Soul Ev
    40 mpg karoq 1l DSG

Mister-P
    Free Member

Ford Ranger he gets 22 mpg

We had a 2013plate for the farm over two years, and it was rubbish on more than just the mpg figures. Glad to get shot of the heap.

Maybe that’s why the drivers always seem so irrate. They should be renamed the Ford Anger.

happybiker
    Free Member

Happybiker ..lots of Horsepower ..but the trade-off is that you are driving a car that is ugly as ****..
    And if you cant have fun in a 3.0lV6..you’re doing something wrong ..😁

Maybe ugly, but it looks fine from the inside. 3.0l V6 diesel would be more entertaining without AWD, and being in a 1.8t car.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Yet in dynamic mode and sport setting I’ve had as much “fun” as any other car Ive owned / driven ..😉

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Van 32mpg
    V8 575bhp MLLC on a good day 12mpg

rsl1
    Free Member

That’s slightly better than my one, it averages around 33-34, how may miles does yours do to a litre of oil?

… yes

(Also I once got 55mpg driving from the fox house down to centre of Sheffield)

mashr

TedC

Subscriber
    Not too bad for 3.0l v6.

until you remember the power that V6 is(n’t) putting out. Was very smooth though

lambchop
    Free Member

41-44mpg on my Citroen 1.2 Puretech. Goes like the clappers too.

TedC

TedC

Subscriber
    Not too bad for 3.0l v6.

until you remember the power that V6 is(n’t) putting out. Was very smooth though

Never noticed being power/performance deprived. Ok, it’s not the quickest car out there, but it’s quicker than most and a bit of a sleeper (Black Ghia X, currently running winter steelies so looks like any other humdrum Mondeo).

Will be going soon (along with it fancy RS alloys) as shiny company car due mid-March.

andy8442
    Free Member

T6 DSG, long runs only 40-45mpg. Head winds are the killer.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

2006 Focus Diesel, used to get 80mpg on the odd 6th-gear-at-50mph hypermiling exercise. 50mpg more normally.

2010 Passat diesel, about 50mpg (me driving – slowly) or about 40mpg (wife driving, lead foot).

’03 CRV – petrol – 30mpg (ish). it is shaped like a brick with some extra bits sticking out to get in the way of the airflow. I’m saving the planet by not buying a newer car.

2005 Mondeo – hovers between 30 and 31mpg according to the trip computer. Possibly nearer 35mpg on a long motorway trip, offset by 25mpg around town. Not too bad for 3.0l v6.

Had similar from a Pug 406 V6. It too looked less exciting than the average taxi, with no visual indication it had anything other than a 1.6 oil burner under the bonnet.

timmys

Octavia VRS Petrol DSG – ~35 mpg

Seems to have dropped a couple of mpg since a had to have a new engine fitted 🙁

Pierre

Octavia Estate, 1.5 SE Tech, boring dad car but will happily switch itself to “2-cylinder mode” at 80mph on a motorway and pootle along doing 70+mpg. Which is nice.

Tends to average about 55mpg on each tank, mixed urban / motorway use (we don’t commute in it so the only short journey it does it to the supermarket once every week or two). It’s actually a really lovely car, and cavernous with the seats down.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Works Hi-lux limited to 70mph is claiming 32.2mpg.
    2005 D5 V70 claiming 42mpg probably from new, I’ve never reset it in the 6 years we’ve had it.
    When I was using it for work it was 46mpg according to trip computer.
    Hook the caravan on to Volvo and it’ll do somewhere in the low 30’s mpg, whereas there’s no difference with the Hi-lux when towing!
    We have a 1.2 Polo as well but have no clue as to the mpg!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 148 total)

The topic ‘Spinoff from how much to fill up, Whats your MPG’ is closed to new replies.