Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spectating at the Tweed Valley EWS
  • tom13
    Free Member

Will all the areas be open to spectators at the Tweed EWS or will they cordon it off and ask for ticket only entries?

Can’t see on the website that you have to buy tickets but then I can see that there are spectator zones as well?

Cheers

Northwind

IIRC in previous years spectators were restricted to specific areas, but it was free. Seemed like a pretty good balance tbh

aide

Fairly sure it is free (including the event Village). In the past have just wandered up the hill as far as I could be bothered to go and watched the action from there, as long as your not making a nuisance of yourself I don’t think you’ll get much grief although covid regs might have changed it this time. When I’ve been marshaling other events I just told people to stay off the track and watch out for any bikes coming down. Will be finding a spot myself so I can just watch this time round

mtnboarder

I was at a marshal meeting at the weekend- no mention of ticketed areas, and only instructions to keep spectators off the trails and outside the tape. There is a charge for parking, and I think its about a tenner, but is valid for the whole weekend.

intheborders
    Free Member

https://www.tweedvalley.enduroworldseries.com/practical-information

TBH for previous events I’ve ridden over and used various ‘trails’ to get to certain points to have a watch – this may or may not be possible this year, depends on which trails (and which hills) they use plus any ‘restrictions’.

stanfree
    Free Member

Anyone else buzzing for next week . the stages look good . Not sure what the Traquair side one is and Im guessing it is the pro stage on saturday as well as being ridden on sunday. The work at the bottom of FTP looks amazing .
    Almost makes up for no World cup at the fort the last 2 years.

daviek

Anyone else buzzing for next week

I was until I realized id wrongly counted out my rota and now find myself at work on nightshift.

Gutted :/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spectating at the Tweed Valley EWS’ is closed to new replies.