Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fire at Specialized UK
  • simondbarnes

Shit

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Yikes. E bike batteries!

woodlikesbikes
    Free Member

If it is Specialized then it could be a bad fire. Cycle King in Bury St Edmunds burnt down a few years ago. All the tyres and inner tubes burnt into an inferno.

thols2

Declined warranty claim? Could have tried emailing the CEO first.

zippykona

On the news link they show a map and Canyon uk is on it. Didn’t realise they were so close to Epsom. Would have had a tyre kick in ye olden days.

Dickyboy

We’ve recently done some work at one of the units there, be interesting to see where the fire started 🤔

OP – from the link how do you know specialized were involved, there’s a good number of units on that site.

Edit-think I can see Specialized logo in photo

jimdubleyou

OP – from the link how do you know specialized were involved, there’s a good number of units on that site.

The picture has a building with their logo on it, and there’s smoke coming out of the building?

escrs
    Free Member

The fire was at Cort Furniture Retail UK which is right next door to Specialized’s warehouse so id expect some smoke damage at least

https://newleatherheadliving.wordpress.com/2021/02/06/barwell-business-park-fire-a243-leatherhead-road/

Looking at the heat map Specialized are on the left and the fire looks to be concentrated on the right at the front of Cort Furniture

At very least Speh HQ will have smoke damage, i hope all the bikes and displays at the front of the building are ok, was there last Feb for the Levo SL launch day

Stiggy

Friend who used to work there forwarded me the link, also if you look at the pic there’s a big Specialized banner just next to where the smoke is coming out.

Edit. Beaten me to it.

swdan
    Free Member

@zippykona it’s just a canyon service centre, they won’t let you look at any bikes. I live in Worcester Park and when I was in the market for a road bike sent them an email but when they eventually replied they basically said there was nothing to look at there

bruneep

The London Fire Brigade (LFB) were called to the six at 6:36 pm on Saturday where they deployed twelve fire engines and around eighty firefighters to tackle the blaze at the Chessington business park. The LFB found nobody injured from the fire but, a warehouse was destroyed.

12 pumps and 80 ff’s ! wtf were they doing? That would be no more than a 6 or 7 pump here

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fire at Specialized UK’ is closed to new replies.