Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Spec Pitch comp v Mondraker Foxy R/RR
  • cove123
    deanfbm
    Free Member

Both are very good, shouldn’t be disappointed by either.

Get the one you think looks nicer.

One thing with the mondy, there is a fair bit of flex to the ones i have ridden, bearings in the lower link have a habit of going too. They can be a bit creaky.

I have a pitch, so can give a somewhat ok comparison.

The pitch squats more when pedaling, but also gives a more “plush” sensation.

I prefer the feel of the shorter CS on the pitch. I really like my pitch.

Where are you going to using them? What’s your old bike? What don’t you like about your old bike? What are you hoping to get out of this new one?

cove123

cheers Dean, moving on from HT, so 1st FS, Normal trails with the odd trip to Scotland/Wales

Sadly, like the look of the Mondy, bar the strange shock postion? Think if i can get a deal on the Spec thats the one for me

jpacey
    Free Member

Ive just bought a foxy R after riding a pitch comp for 4 yrs.
    I loved the pitch for the stability and confident riding position on steep/rocky trails and found it carried speed brilliantly. It felt perfect riding at places like innerleithen with long rocky downhill sections. The only problems i had with it was that it was a bit too heavy and suspension wasnt economical with long climbs, also it did feel a little bit over kill for a lot of riding a do near to home in yorkshire.
    The mondraker feels a lot lighter and a lot more compitant at climbing but is a little less stiff (fork and back end). Saying that, on the one singletrack trail centre ride ive done so far the mondraker was definately more fun
    So i think thats the comprmise basically – the mondraker is lighter and better at climbing but at the expense of a bit of stiffness on the downhills – decision depends on what type of riding you’ll do

cove123

nice review Ipacey, thanks

tomaso
    Free Member

I think the Mondraker’s build quality is slightly flakey compared to the polished finishing detail on the Specialized. The suspension bolts lack thread lock and are made of cheese! Easy to fix but you’ve just spent 2 grand and you shouldn’t have to bring a bike up to standard with something as simple as some proper bolts.

The Mondraker looks more modern with the fancy tubes. With the Pitch looking a bit long in the tooth now.

My Pitch can climb anything you’ve got the fitness for! It does lose out to other / lighter bikes, but its got soft dual ply tyres on! Its a bike to hammer trails.

A mate did the Enduro series on a Foxy and it survived and he did quite well.

RustyMac

If you are a size medium buying the mondraker from cycle-world may save you some money

http://www.cycle-world.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b147s1p8403&tbv=MONDRAKER_FOXY_BIKES_Mountain_Bikes_-_Full_Suspension

cove123

cheers rusty…

chakaping
    Free Member

search the forum for Foxy, there have been a couple of threads lately

stevepitch
    Free Member

Get a pitch you wont be disappointed I have just set mine up with an RP23 on the rear, dual air Revs up front, tubeless and 1×10 drivetrain. It now feels fantastic for general riding, climbs just as well as my mates camber but descends way better. If I start riding more gravity based stuff I’ll fit a coil and some Lyriks.

It all depends what you want out of your riding either way i’d budget for a new rear shock those Ario’s are naff 😉

cove123

you boys are not making it easy for me….like going up like going down(no Finesse) so may the pitch and a new rear shock in the end

tomaso
    Free Member

If you’ve got the brass the Pro is better value with the superior fork and shock. But I managed a year on my X-Fusion shock and it coped just fine – no fancy bells and whistles but it works.

stevepitch
    Free Member

That ^^^^ is a sound suggestion just depends of the op can find one

ryanw
    Free Member

I’ve gone from a 2007 Orange Five to a 2011 Mondraker Foxy RR (bought yesterday).

Went out for 2 hours this morning on my local trails, and the Foxy completely blew me sideways! Easily as capable DH as the Orange but climbs as well as my Whyte B19C. The bike just works! It’s seriously quick too, I found myself pushing and pushing in places where I’d normally catch a breath!

Go for the Mondraker, dare to be different!

Duffer
    Free Member

If you’ve got the brass the Pro is better value with the superior fork and shock. But I managed a year on my X-Fusion shock and it coped just fine – no fancy bells and whistles but it works.

I looked for a Pro when i bought mine. I couldn’t find one in the end, so i bought a Comp and decided i’d buy a new shock when the X-Fusion one gave up. Three years later, the X-Fusion is still performing faultlessly!

I can’t comment on the Foxy. But as for the Pitch, i can’t recommend it enough.

SBrock
    Free Member

Coil shock on a Pitch is awesome!

If it were me I’d be going for the Pitch, god knows why Spesh have discontinued it, not the nicest looking back but rides a hell of a lot better than they look! I actually liked my old Pitch Pro im brown.

I’m surprised there are any left, I think the 2011 Pitch Pro, if it’s reduced is a steal, and you know your gonna get looked after with the warranty/after sales service.

SBrock
    Free Member
    Duffer
    Free Member

god knows why Spesh have discontinued it

I suspect they started having trouble shifting Enduros…

SBrock
    Free Member

Duffer, your probably right!

chakaping
    Free Member

god knows why Spesh have discontinued it

I suspect they started having trouble shifting Enduros…

And it’d be a cunning move, if only they’d remembered to import the air-sprung Enduros to the UK.

chakaping
    Free Member

Glad you liked the Foxy Ryanw, put a pic up on here when you’ve got it all sorted.

ryanw
    Free Member

Here it is…

chakaping
    Free Member

very tasty, hope you enjoy it

(check the pivot bolts are all done up properly)

sonofapitch
    Free Member

Someone has stolen half your spokes and bent you top tube 😉

stevepitch
    Free Member

Not gonna argue that the RR isn’t nice in fact I think they are pretty lush but for the price of the RR you could end up with a pretty special pitch especially if you were to pick one up in the sales.

Edit: Ryan that is a niiiice bike btw

mattyh222
    Free Member

Sorry to jump on this thread but I thouhgt it would be better than starting another one about the Foxy.

Just a random one really. Im looking at this year’s Foxy RR and im just wondering whether there would be much interest if I were to sell the CB wheels brand new when I get the bike as id be fitting my trusty Mavics on there.

Any interest will seal the deal with the Foxy for me.

Cheers

Matt

cove123

bike is ordered!! went with the Mondraker Foxy RR ex demo from silver fish….arries WEds, thanks to Richie and Pete at Silverfish..

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Spec Pitch comp v Mondraker Foxy R/RR’ is closed to new replies.