Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Android mtbing appps? Android training apps? What do you recommend?
  • juan
    Free Member

Good morning everyone. I hope you add a good weekend, I did though thanks for asking:D.
    Now what mtb apps for droid would you recommend? I have endomondo and sport-tracker, but neither really fit my bill. I am looking for something that will give me the trace of my ride, with length, time one the bike and time resting, the altitude gain and loss, but also the speed and time per km. Sharing option would be a bonus but not mandatory.
    I am also looking for something useful for training. I have a race in may and I would like to finish it, so putting some miles in to try to get fit for it. Any recommendation.

Thank you very much 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

What’s not to like about endomondo.? Garmin do an android app failing that buy a Garmin.

juan
    Free Member

endomondo don’t give me the average speed per laps/kms, or the altitude gain.

allthepies
    Free Member

It will give you your time / km though (the paid version that is).

elzorillo
    Free Member

I have the paid version of Endomondo. It’s great and worth every one of the ten pences I paid for it.

Fantastic app and it does indeed give speed per km/m

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

endomondo don’t give me the average speed per laps/kms, or the altitude gain.

Looking at mine now and it does, on the phone and on the PC.

jambalaya
    Free Member

GPS alone cannot do altitude gain/loss accurately, it dosn’t matter what you buy (endomondo has an altitude gain/loss readout but it’s worthless). To log altitude you need something like a Sunnto which integrates the pressure change barometer with the GPS features for distance.

kayak23

My Tracks (Google) does altitude so I believe, but as said above, its never going to be THAT accurate, especially on a phone.

I prefer the MY Tracks interface on my phone, but the Endomondo one online so often upload the GPX files recorded off my tracks, to Endomondo.

I’m not convinced of the accuracy of using a phone anyway. If you want much more accuracy I’d get a dedicated device.

On a recent trip up Snowdon, my Desire HD logged our overall trip as around 2 miles over the log of another rider with a Garmin unit… Who to believe?…

retro83
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

GPS alone cannot do altitude gain/loss accurately, it dosn’t matter what you buy (endomondo has an altitude gain/loss readout but it’s worthless). To log altitude you need something like a Sunnto which integrates the pressure change barometer with the GPS features for distance.

Some phones (Galaxy Nexus and some motorolas at least) do have a barometer (although its main purpose is to speed up the initial fix in the same way that AGPS does).

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Try sportypal.com. I have used it for the last two years. Its a bit like endomundo. Gives altitude, laps, manual laps etc. And I like the 3d earth plugin that looks great if you have done a hilly ride.

eshershore
    Free Member

I use cardiotrainer from worksmart labs.

its not 100% accurate but for a free app its pretty damn good

it shows a map of my ride (with timed waypoints), along with overall time, distance, calories, min+ max speed (including a graph screen with all the speed changes throughout the ride), tells me total climbing distance and altitude

also talks throughout the ride giving regular updates as to time elapsed and distance travelled, and autopauses when you stop, and restarts when your start moving again.

lets me record as history or share to social media, and has multiple setting including hiking / running / cycling / mountain biking, etc.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

I used MapMyRide for the first time at the w/e which is free from the android market. My HTC desire was in my pocket and we were in leigh woods, it mapped everything and you can share via facebook, g-mail etc and i have to say i was really impressed, was not expecting the GPS to pick it up at all, not 100 accurate but pretty damn close. cant say what it’d be like in more mountanous areas and it rinses the battery, but hey its free you may as well give it a go, see how you get on with it!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Android mtbing appps? Android training apps? What do you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.