Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Spec me an electric toothbrush please
  • FB-ATB

I’m tempted to get a water flosser. How much mess does it create in the bathroom? The Panasonic video above shows quite a lot of over spray. I know it’s a set of fake gnashers, but I’d have thought when you do the front teeth it will spray about?

How does it cope with coffee stained teeth- does it help clean them up or is it best used maintaining hygienist cleaned teeth?

trumpton
    Free Member

Water flossers make a bit of a mess. I always use mine without an t shirt on and sometimes water runs down your arms and a bit onto your chest. You can close your mouth while you are spraying. Not too bad though. They will make no difference to coffee stains, but are brilliant at cleaning beneath the gums and between the teeth. I use mine once a day. Do not be tempted to buy a cheap one as I found they do not last long. I always had to go to the hygienist for build up of plaque on the inside of my front teeth, which brushing couldn’t cope with, due to the salavia glands. Since using the item for 2 years now I’ve never had to go to the hygienist at all. I run it around the base of my gums and then across all the teeth surfaces. Always use it before you brush.

FB-ATB

Thanks for the info. Shame my Mrs no longer works for a dental supplier – probably could have picked one up cheap!

mattyfez

Thread revival,
    So I purchased an cheap oral b Pro expert for £7 at sainsbury’s.

Mostly as I don’t have a 2 prong socket in the bathroom so went for the 2xAA battery type.

This means the toothbrush can live in the bathroom as I already have a rechargeable rotating battery system in place for mini beard trimmer, xbox pad etc.

I’ve also read that the ones with captive batteries are basically a write off after a year or so and I already have a bunch of higher than average MaH rechargables on rotation.

Decided I didn’t need a built in timer or one with Bluetooth/WiFi or whatever!

leffeboy

are those water flossers any good?  I’ve tried interdentals and flossing but I’m crap at sticking with either.  Happy to try something else if it works

iancity1
    Free Member

I bought a water flosser as can’t get used to the dental brushes. Mine was about £40, cant remember make at the minute but did a fair bit of research on them beforehand…my God are they painful! Might, of course, just be me, but even on the softest most gentle setting (and it has 4!) the power of the thing on my gums made them all bleed and just really hurt! Thought Ok, just get used to it but 4 tries later I’m finding its still painful. Want to continue because the mouth does feel cleaner but not sure the pain/blood is worth it. At the hygienist in 2 weeks so will ask then …

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Spec me an electric toothbrush please’ is closed to new replies.