Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Spearfish Owners
  • lex
    Free Member

Talk to me.

V close to pulling the trigger but a little concerned about clearance on the rear tyre.

I’ll be running mountain kings 2.2

Whaddaya reckon?

Lex

gee
    Free Member

Mine has good clearance on the chainstays but is quite tight (5-10mm ish) on the seatstay bridge with 2.25 Ralphs. Not actually a problem, though.

GB

lex
    Free Member

It’s that seat stay bridge that looks tight in all the pics.

It’s going to be a ‘summer’ only bike so I may get away with it…

Is it any good?

ta

Lex

bigbadbob
    Free Member

My pal is getting a Spearfish built up at his LBS, I saw it at the weekend, what a lovely looking frame, black with a hint of white and blue. Not sure about anything else (clearance etc.), but it did look very nice indeed.

Clink

Hope you don’t mind me jumping on your thread, but I’m selling a SC Superlight 29 if you would consider something similar? It’s on the classifieds. 100/100 or 120/100.

lex
    Free Member

Saw that clink, not big enough, I’m afraid.

Lex

flatfish
    Free Member

Already????? 🙄

Clink

Saw that clink, not big enough, I’m afraid.

No probs – thanks fo rreply.

Already?????

Read my ad 😥

gee
    Free Member

It’s a great bike. I’ve always hated full sus bikes as they’ve felt all squishy and horrid powering out of a corner. This one doesn’t! The angles are good for downhills too – feels really stable compared to my El Mariachi which has a steeper head angle.

KZP894
    Free Member

Running 2.25″ Smorgasbords on mine and so far so good. Great frame, would like to try the Maxle rear version just for interest.

weeksy

Can’t get a 2.4 ardent on the rear but can get a 2.25 NN without issues.

Can’t fault mine apart from paint which is weak. I may get it stripped and annodised

easygirl

Have you considered the horsethief
    Rode mine at whinlatter last week and loved it
    Slightly heavier I know, but no clearance issues, and still very capable climber

orangeboy
    Free Member

Gave up Iseing mine over the winter as I just got clogged
    But seemed to be because the chain was very close to rear tyre when in first gear
    That’s with a 2.1 ground control
    Just starting to rebuild it for the summer with a better spec now I’ve got some more stuff for it

It’s does fly up or down , and tbh the clay in the winter is a pain what ever bike

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Spearfish Owners’ is closed to new replies.