Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Spank oozy rims and ARD
  • trusty

I’ve been trying to set up these rims with the Nukeproof ARD inserts,but it looks like it’s leaking from valve. I’ve been running tubeless for 10 years and everything looks like it should. I’m wondering if it’s the rim profile (which is a W shape) not playing well with the valve. I have got other valves, but I’m not sure if the insert will block them. Anyone any ideas? Sealant has been liberally administered!

dhrider
    Free Member

Had a look on google at the rim shape, looks like that could be the issue.

Have you tried tightening the nut on the valve with pliers to pull the valve as tight as possible?

warns74
    Free Member

I set up an oozy 345 wheelset tubeless recently. I bought them new a while back and found the pre-inatalled factory tape (brown fratelli tape?) wasn’t creating a good enough seal. When I put the tyre on to test they were leaking through several spoke holes. I re-taped both rims with a double layer on each rim and they both went up fine with the supplied spank valves. I did have to really tighten up one of the valves before it was fully sealed but they’ve been great ever since.

trusty

Cheers, been out riding 😊 I’d retaped it after having a procore set up which needs high pressure tape. I did attack the lock nut with pliers, which seemed to help. Not a fan of having to do that though. The rubber base on the Nukeproof valves is quite narrow so it doesn’t fill the hole as well

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Spank oozy rims and ARD’ is closed to new replies.