Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Southern Enduro
  • jam-bo

760s…

are all the stages around hopcott and bratton?

scottfitz
    Free Member

Wootton and Bratton, Hopefully if this year goes well I will look to go to other areas too, so many possibility in the area.

Edit: 760s how 2016 😉

jam-bo

i’ve only just moved on from 26″….

pete68
    Free Member

@scottfitz, not sure if you’re aware but at least one of the tracks above Wootton is now closed due to forestry. Not all of it but the lower section which is pretty much gone. I’ve not seen it myself but read it on a Facebook post but there is definitely logging going on up there. Also the trails have dried a lot since that video was shot

scottfitz
    Free Member

@scottfitz, not sure if you’re aware but at least one of the tracks above Wootton is now closed due to forestry. Not all of it but the lower section which is pretty much gone. I’ve not seen it myself but read it on a Facebook post but there is definitely logging going on up there. Also the trails have dried a lot since that video was shot

That trail was epic and was in the original plan until we realised it went in to a different land owners bit (The bit with the Forestry work). Lucky it was out of the plan about 2 months ago.

Thanks for the heads up.

kimbers

looking even better

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NzQiUhJHBM[/video]

jam-bo

Bit of rain forecast for Friday night but it’s so dry shouldn’t do much damage.

Big crash last Friday that has knackered my shoulder a bit but riding seems to be ok.

Hoping to be there by sat lunchtime…

kimbers

Should be there early on Saturday, bit of damp is good-keep the dust down.

Excited, first race of the year !

kimbers

Well that was absolutly amazing, hats off to the Southern Enduro crew

some brilliant trails, steep, techy, fast, and brown pow!

jam-bo

How’d you get on?

A shocker on stage 2 put paid to my results. Other than that I was pretty happy.

johnny

Gutted not to make this one, seen a few pics and clips on instagram and it’s looked great!

Family holiday put paid to this one- Scott, I’m sure the Bank holiday would have helped you organisation wise, but could we have it a weekend later next year please!?

See you all at the day/night. Can’t wait.

kimbers

yeah I had an off on stage 2 that has left my beer belly with a nice welt 😯

other than that felt good, Im blaming too many beers on sat night coz by 5 & 6 my legs were getting tired time was 15:10

jam-bo

16.08 for me, well over a minute of that was lost on stage 2. Really couldn’t get it together.

frogstomp

Congratulations to Scott and the team for a great event and some fantastic trails! That loam was so good to ride on the steeps!

16:01 for me.. lots of little mistakes and a general lack of fitness – much fun was had though! 8)

kimbers

Stage 2 was going well at first but the loam was so soft started getting hung up, then I found a tree stump

[video]https://vimeo.com/213446104[/video]

jamesoz

@Kimbers I think I was drinking at the same table.
    Was a good event, I rode like never before. In the never ridden a bike before way. I could blame forgetting my inhaler or my pedal breaking but it was mostly me.

orena45

Loved it! Loam for daaaayyyys! Such good stages…Gonna be dreaming about them for the next week 😀

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Great 2 days, stages where great, struggled on stage 2 as not used it been so steep!
    Suffering at the end throu lack of fitness, 16.15 for me.
    Got to ride some great new trail and meet some new people.

kimbers

Rock and roll lifestyle of enduro race organiser fat cats revealed

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1654090644886370&id=1412942662334504

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

new meaning to poo sticks!
    only thing I say that could of better, would of been having more loos.
    4 was not enough!

gooner69

Pics and results anywhere?

frogstomp
    orena45

Indeed, more toilets were needed!

The results on R&R aren’t quite right though as the wrong data was sent so some names are missing. Should hopefully be sorted by tomorrow – although it does knock my position down a couple of places

mark88

Great event, well done to Scott and team.
    Trails were a nice mix of steep, flow, loam and roots without too many pedally sections mid stage.

I’d been caught mid stage a few times at the last couple of enduros I’d done so moved down to fun. Fortunately these trails really suited my riding and managed win my class in 13.40, back to senior next time I guess.

jam-bo

I’m coming to the conclusion I just don’t have a racing mentality. Guys who I ride with regularly and I would normally be pretty evenly matched with beat me by 10-15s on every stage. (Ignoring the 65s deficit on stage 2, 😳 ) I don’t think it’s that I went slower than normal, they just push that bit harder.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Good seeing you guys at the weekend, I love that venue and as long as the land owner is happy we will look to go back there.

Loos – I ordered 8 and 4 turned up.

Results – there are around 30 people missing on roots and rain, the timing guys have sent them an updated results list but its yet to be updated on R&R.

Easter weekend – I was somewhat forced into that weekend because of a clash with BES on original planned date. Shame as BES folded after I had booked the venue. Next year the champs will be later in the year I think or at least not at Easter.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Great 2 days, stages where great, struggled on stage 2 as not used it been so steep!
    Suffering at the end throu lack of fitness, 16.15 for me.
    Got to ride some great new trail and meet some new people

Couldn’t think what to write but that sums it up perfectly, what a cracking event 8)

That loamy surface was a bit alien to me and I never really knew how fast I could push it and lost count of how many times I had to put a foot out in the corners 😳 I wasn’t looking forward to stage 2 after practice but it turned out to be one of my best stages as I went down it perfectly in the race (Apart from the lack of speed)

It was a cracking event in more ways than one though as I managed to bust a rib going over the bars after a front wheel washout 🙁 Still totally enjoyed the event though 8)

Oh and I got bitten on the leg by some horrible little creature which caused it to swell up and go hard. My leg and ankle now looks like it belongs to Pat butcher 😆

northerntom
    Free Member

Oh and I got bitten on the leg by some horrible little creature which caused it to swell up and go hard. My leg and ankle now looks like it belongs to Pat butcher

Anti hystemine (or however you spell it) will sort that. Probably a horse fly.

orena45

Wanged my race report up on my blog if anyone is interested in having a read 🙂

Southern Enduro Champs race report

scottfitz
    Free Member

Good write up @orena45 and would you believe me if I told you stage 2 was much gripper when I rode it in the rain in Feb?!?

orena45

Cheers Scott. Nah I wouldn’t! But I’d take that brown powder over brown slop any day though regardless 😆

kimbers

Good write up oreana, how the hand?

What day you heading up to grizedale?

orena45

Cheers Kimbers.

Hand is absolutely fine, looks worse than it is!

Unfortunately though I took a hit last night dicking about on a mate’s DH trail (the one I posted on FB earlier) so now have a very sore and fairly immobile shoulder 🙁 Hoping it heals in time for Nat Champs…if so, I’m heading up Thursday

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Southern Enduro’ is closed to new replies.