Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Southern Enduro, Round 4 – Milland
  • Akers

So this will be my 2nd ever enduro race event, the 1st having been Round 2 at Pippingford Park. I had a great time.

Is anyone able to give me a idea what the course/terrain is like and what to expect at Milland? Is it steep, twisty, slippy and/or rough? Any large features to be aware of? What’s the optimum bike, shorter travel trail bike or AM enduro weapon?

Anyone else going?

Cheers.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s soft, loamy woodland, with a lot of saplings so it’s really tight and twisty on the whole.

There looks to be a couple of gaps/stepdowns but they won’t be massive & they will have options if you don’t want to hit them.

I’d say if you had a choice, the shorter travel bike would be better. I’m certainly not riding my Sentinel there.

nedrapier

Dammit, that’s just down the road from me.  Would be new riding to me, too.

Not around this Sunday, though.

Are the trails public/open to ride at other times?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No, I believe it’s private woodland unfortunately.

VanHalen

its quite nice – not that tech. typical south downsy singletrack.

a good introduction into racing really.

i had a 130mm bike when i went and didnt full under biked at all. i wouldnt want to ride a full enduro gnarpoon there.

Akers

Excellent. Sounds like a day out for the SB5c then.

Weather is looking decent. Should be a good day!

Thanks for the replies.

skaifan
    Free Member

It’s private woodland and any riding outside of the event could see Southern Enduro lose the venue. The Velo South closed road ride is passing by on Sunday so please be aware of road closures. Think it will be a different entrance into the site from last year. I’ll be there in a hi vis pointing riders back down the hill. See you Sunday!

Akers

Weather is looking dicey for the weekend. Fingers crossed the worst of it passes to the north of us on Sunday.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It’s looking substantially better than it was earlier in the week.

Would be nice not to have to race in waterproofs and get plastered in mud too though 🙂

mattbee

Velo South has been cancelled due to forecast so at least all the roads are open!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Southern Enduro, Round 4 – Milland’ is closed to new replies.