Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Southampton restaurents
  • RustyMac

Hi,

Hoping there are some Southampton locals on here that can recommend somewhere to eat.
    I’m down here for the next 3 days on a training course and am looking for some city centre places to eat apart from the hotel.

Cheers

Rusty.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Kutis for a thai on the waterfront, or a curry in Oxford Street.

Or good traditional stuff in the pig in the wall.

enzee199
    Free Member

Oxford Street if you’re looking for something posh is the best bet – else try the Rockstone which does brilliant burgers.

RustyMac

That was quick. I’ll take a look at them and run the options past the other guys I am down here with.

I just cant bare being coupled up in the same place all the time and the training course is in the hotel we are staying in.

DT78
    Free Member

What do you like? Oxford street is good for choice, and a couple of nice pubs.

jam-bo

Coriander lounge(?) on the Main Street was good last time I went

Or oxford street and take you pick. Oxfords is always good but not the cheapest. The Italian just along wasn’t bad either.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Another recommendation for Oxford street, but which end of town are you staying? Oxford street is a bit of a trek from Bedford place etc there are some good options down that end too

enzee199
    Free Member

Yep, I’d say that is the question – if you’re staying down the bottom end of town Kutis for a curry on Oxford Street. If you’re up Bedfrod Place the Rockstone The Burgers really are something special. Huge range and they’re made with their own mince so they taste unbeleivable. You’d probably need to book in advance though as it is mega-popular

garage-dweller

Rockstone, mmmmmm Captain Jerk Sparrow.

Tom83

Bedford place, The Panda if it’s still there. Nom aromatic duck!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Rockstone burgers are epic.

garage-dweller

It is only a 20 minute walk or so from the waterfront to Bedford place and another 5-10 to the rockstone or split the cost of a cab.

RustyMac

Staying in the dolphin hotel, yup that one opposite the pole dancing bar.

Colleges are asking for a recommendation for a good curry house.

jam-bo

Coriander lounge is just over the road.

garage-dweller

Coriander Lounge is practically across the street if I recall correctly or POSH (port out starboard home) is just as few minutes walk away. Left out front of hotel. Left at the next junction. Right at the halfords auto centre and its along there on the right (road is called Queensway). (think that’s it). Not eaten there for quite a while but used to be ok.

cobrakai

Rockstone. Look no further.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Be sure to check out that excellent wine bar, Clowns. A paragon of chic, debonair refinement.

Also, the associated nightclub, Jesters.

garage-dweller

^^^ and definitely follow cfh’s advice and report back later. 8)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Southampton restaurents’ is closed to new replies.