Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • soundbars – slightly awkward requirements
  • nedrapier

Morning all,

I’d like a decent soundbar. I’m rejigging the living room and the telly’s going on a wall bracket in the corner and the hifi speakers are going on a different wall. There’s a sub as well.

Is there a soundbar for a couple of hundred quid that would pair nicely with a sub, and is active with output for a sub?

The cheapest ones seem to be not much cop. The best reviewed budget end ones have a sub included which I don’t need, then the slightly more expensive ones have fancy “sub bass” solutions inbuilt which I don’t need either.

And I guess it needs to be active with audio output for the sub.

Any ideas?

Ta!

Kahurangi

ideas? keep the TV sound system separate from the Hifi speakers and sub? Simpler. Or is it that you already have a sub that you’d like to use with a new soundbar?

nedrapier

Already have the sub. which I’d switch between soundbar and hifi inputs.

kcr
    Free Member

You need an active output from the soundbar, i.e. your sub is passive?

Kamakazie

Q Acoustics M4? £Under £200 and Q Acoustics have a very good track record with speakers.
    I imagine quite a few will have a wired sub output but it won’t be advertised.

Kamakazie

If the sub is passive, I doubt there’ll be anything on the market but assumed it active like 99% of subs.

Kamakazie

Yamaha YAS-107 is another. I know you said you didn’t really want the ones with built in sub but it won’t do any harm to have it.

kcr
    Free Member

I was going to suggest the M4, because I just got one and notice it has a sub output, but I think this is a line level output, so designed for use with a powered sub (hence my question above)?

nedrapier

Cheers all.

Yeah, sorry, it is a powered sub.

don’t know why I went down the road of needing an active soundbar. I’m guessing lack of thinking, lazy assumption plus continued lack of thinking.

Where did you get the M4 for less than £200? – Edit: Amazon. ta!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘soundbars – slightly awkward requirements’ is closed to new replies.