Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sound sync issues with new Virgin TV 360 remote
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Can anyone help here? I have recently upgraded the remote with my Virgin package – I use a TiVo box and when I upgraded the remote it completely updated the original TiVo box too (gone is the horrendous interface thank god) however I am now getting sync issues that I can’t fix.

I have a Panasonic TV connected to an LG soundbar via an optical cable (the soundbar doesn’t have HDMI/ARC unfortunately). When I had this issue in the past, I simply went into the sound settings and tried the options until it fixed the issue (there is a choice of Direct, Passthrough and Auto).

However I have tried all three and the sync issues remain – has anyone had similar and can anyone suggest a fix (other than buying a new soundbar with ARC).

Thank you

oceanskipper

Does the soundbar have a sync offset? I had a Panasonic TV with LG soundbar and optical connection once upon a time (about 10 years ago!) and I remember having similar issues. There was a setting on the soundbar though to sort out an offset. Optical connections are a bit meh though. I would get a better soundbar with ARC.

johndoh
    Free Member

No it doesn’t – it’s a pretty old soundbar TBH (hence no HDMI/ARC support).

I did try switching off the TiVo box completely and doing a hard reset and that appears to have sorted the issue out at the moment…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sound sync issues with new Virgin TV 360 remote’ is closed to new replies.