Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sorry officer didn’t see the lampost
  • riddoch

I’m glad Police Scotland are trained to give cyclists such a wide berth.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-50138310

Is this a lovely example of target fixation?

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, should the cyclist have pulled out with a car coming? good job they’re both coppers, I suppose.

franksinatra

I reckon he was busy winding his window down to shout abuse to his mate on the bike, was so busy thinking of things to shout he forgot to look where he was going!

avdave2

I reckon he was busy winding his window down to shout abuse to his mate on the bike, was so busy thinking of things to shout he forgot to look where he was going!

It’s pretty hard to think of any other explanation for that. Lucky really the lights were there to prevent him hitting anyone coming the other way.

hot_fiat

tbf to the traffic cop, the island is missing its keep left signs. Even so, should’ve seen the hatching.

oldnpastit

Unlucky.

Nominative determinism strikes again.

cookeaa

It appears to be an honest mistake and I’m sure they’re following process but I can’t help thinking they’re going after the poor sod a bit hard and heavy

Chance, 25, was fined £600 and had six penalty points added to his licence.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said: “We are aware of the outcome of the case and a report will be made to the deputy chief constable for people and professionalism, Fiona Taylor, for consideration of misconduct proceedings.”

Points and fine make sense, perhaps some sort of formal reprimand, but was it really “Missconduct”?

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The cake fine will be massive. Definitely won’t get away with a pack of Malted Milk biscuits.

metcalt

The cake fine will be massive. Definitely won’t get away with a pack of Malted Milk biscuits.

The station won’t be short of Chunky Monkey for the next month

derek_starship
    Free Member

Definitely won’t get away with a pack of Malted Milk biscuits.

He would if chose the dark chocolate ones. They’re well fit!

matt_outandabout

I bet though those lights now have a nickname among blue watch…

Cougar

Points and fine make sense, perhaps some sort of formal reprimand, but was it really “Missconduct”?

TBH he was exceptionally fortunate that he hit a traffic light rather than a bunch of pedestrians. He wasn’t a million miles away from that oncoming car either. Not hard to see why having a chat to your mate rather than looking where you’re driving could be construed as misconduct, it’s hardly setting a shining example. He’s lucky he’s kept his job.

rhinofive

rozzer on the bike didn’t have hi-viz on, I know who I blame etc etc etc

natrix
    Free Member

Quite possibly on the phone at the time………..

feed

Per the article

“Even police officers can make mistakes. It has not affected his career. “

Definitely not, his career was quite impressive 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just procedure, doesn’t mean he’ll get any further punishment. You have to tell them even if you get a straightforward speeding ticket.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sorry officer didn’t see the lampost’ is closed to new replies.