Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sorn glitch ?
  • vongassit
    Free Member

Bought a trials bike at the end of April & sorn’d it as soon as I got the V5 , 3 days after purchase. I have the sorn successful confirmation email. A while after I received the You must sorn your vehicle letter & because I’d done it previously I just ignored it. Today I got a fine of 47.50 & when I checked it’s surprise surprise not sorn’d 🙄

Obviously I’ll contact them & moan , just wondering if anyone has had similar issue?

garage-dweller

I have some experience of random DVLA correspondence (not personally but in a work environment). Their systems are decent but not infallible and they will deal with stuff sent to them. I’d send them a letter to the appeals address, copy of the email and essentially what you’ve written above. Hopefully that will sort it. If not it’s £47.50 and I’d probably pay and move on if there’s no points involved.

slackalice
    Free Member

Stealth tax?! 😉

lerk
    Free Member

Interestingly I retaxed my bike last night after finally getting round to MOTing it for the year.
    I was certain I SORNed it in November last year but the website warned me that I hadn’t been taxed or SORNed and to expect a fine…

I assumed my memory was duff, but I’m going to check screenshots and emails now!

kayla1
    Free Member

Just write back and politely explain that you did SORN it. Keep writing back and ask for a name you can write to rather than have to reply to an anonymous letter. They’ll eventually back down. They tried to do me for not taxing a bike I had stolen from me a few years ago and I just kept on back at them until they **** off.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sorn glitch ?’ is closed to new replies.