Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Soo Who has broken part of their bike over the festive period?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Went out on the 22nd and buggered my rim on a rock garden doing a bit of light DH in the chase god knows how its still holding air it has virtually folded back in on itself! Bloody 5.1s!

Now looking around what to replace it with even thinking about building one myself!

So what have you broke and how over the past couple of weeks?

ps44
    Free Member

I had a bit of a tree incident on Boxing Day, didn’t appear to break anything on bike or me, then half way round the ride the next day the drop out snapped and wrapped the rear mech around the wheel, etc….All back in one piece now but I decided to run this morning so it’ll get a proper ride out tomorrow. Bit worried that the chain could be shagged after all that twisting about.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Out on Sunday, mates rear hanger snapped off. Helped tow (on two inner tubes)and push him home. Why dont all frames have an IS hanger?

tops5
    Free Member

Chain snapped on last DH @ Llandegla on Tuesday – best place for it to happen I guess!

daveh
    Free Member

Another mech into the back wheel here (on Monday), damaged wheel, wrecked mech and snapped hanger. As if i haven’t spent enough on bike bits recently!

AlasdairMc

Out on Sunday, mates rear hanger snapped off. Helped tow (on two inner tubes)and push him home.

Great idea!

The bearing in the main pivot on my bike looks like it’s in the process of curling up to die, unfortunately I’m yet to fix it. It’ll probably be a Loctite and grease bodge until I get the time to replace it.

dobo
    Free Member

i broke and lost half my half watt rear smart light at swinley, inexpensive but annoying.

think i should have cable tied it together or something

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Not broken anything but have lost the joining link on my chain so can’t ride my bike 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Does a broken body count? Tennis elbow – perhaps I should kick the singlespeed cos that’s to blame!

forge197
    Free Member

Two bikes, 15 rides over 200 miles no issues to report, bet something busts on Saturday now 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

BBB a power link is so the thing that you should have more of, they can be a saver on the trail, sure you not got one in a Camelbak (other hydration systems are available)

Daffy

Just pads, the soggy moors and dales are killing my pad life at the moment.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Forge – I had a few spare but over the years I have used them up. Typical that I run out on a day when all bike shops are shut

forge197
    Free Member

BBB – That does suck.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Finally found the missing link and it has gone dark!

takisawa2

Chap with us yesterday had a crank arm fall off, taking the thread on the axle with it. (Cheapo bike). Was funny, even more so when he pulled out a large pebble that he proceeded to use to bash the arm back on each time it fell off again…!!!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

riding with lukeb eh? /\

sheldona
    Free Member

Yup, broke my Indy Fab frame 🙁 it can be fixed though!

fizzer
    Free Member

XTR axle Bolton Abbey 30/12/08

fizzer
    Free Member

Oh and before you start garage floor needs a tidy lol

I_Ache
    Free Member

How the bloody hell did you do that?

Do you have legs bigger than Chris Hoy?

cuckoo
    Free Member

After spending a fair while converting this to SS on only the 2nd ride i snapped 2 chain ring bolts and twisted the surly chainring 🙁

Add to that the drivetrain on my geared bike packing up, it has been frustrating.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

My 6 week old Marzzochi 55ATA2 magically transformed themselves from 150mm travel to about 40mm travel on Saturday, along with matching stantion length, which made the geometry of my Heckler just wonderfull….

epicyclo

XT freehub -became freehub in both directions and turned my bike from a single speed to a no no speed.

uplink
    Free Member

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

My frame cracked at the begining of December, i have yet to receive a warranty replacement so i didnt ride at all over the christmas period 🙁

squattingmouse
    Free Member

I killed the drive train on one bike through sheer neglect does that count?

fizzer
    Free Member

I_ache my mates all say it’s the strain their under whem i’m climbing!

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Cracked my beloved Cotic Soul. *Cries*
    it was a nearly new second hand so no warranty aswell

racing_ralph
    Free Member

have you rung Cy and spoken to him about it?

marsdenman
    Free Member

Had mine upside down when cleaning for some reason, found a tasty dent on the downtube, about 1″about above the bb on the drive side, no idea how that got there, sure I’ve not grounded it and it would have been going some to dent it where i have, ho-hum……..

Rivett
    Free Member

marsdenman, that will be a rock off the front wheel.
    I have just split a Hope brass olive trying to route new brakes through the frame guides on a Cove Handjob. Hard work trying to shorten braided hoses!

marsdenman
    Free Member

rivett – now you mention it I do recall something ‘pinging’ a ride or two ago, can’t believe fat lad here was going so fast as to be able to cause such damage……

Shortening braided hoses – sure you know this but, just in-case –
    tape really tightly and use a very fine tooth junior hacksaw for best result or use a bloody good pair of cutters – though that crushes stuff and can cause issues fitting olives etc.
    Chris – former employee at the place wot makes the braided hose for Goodridge….. 🙂

bomberman
    Free Member

there seems to be a lot of problems with singlespeeds here, i thought one of the reasons to do such a tw*ttish thing was because they were simple and reliable through the winter? Just goes to show it dosen’t pay to be different 😉

nickc

Found a nasty great crack on the top of the left axle mount on my 2 month old Thors. Slightly disappointed that Magura have resorted to the “It’s the end user over tightening the maxle” as a default position on the warranty. How I’m actually supposed to be able to over tighten a maxle enough to split cast metal, hasn’t been explained to me yet…

Spook
    Free Member

I crashed on the ice at 2mph and gave myself a grade 2 A.C. joint separation with superior sublaxation, i.e. a fooking sore shoulder 😥
    Bikes fine though 🙂

JoeNation
    Free Member

I snapped my good side cutters trying to cut some gear outer, cos I left my Park cable cutters in my toolbox at uni. I went to Machine Mart to get some new ones, and came out with a tap and die set, some needle nose pliers and a set of circlip pliers.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Soo Who has broken part of their bike over the festive period?’ is closed to new replies.