Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sonder Transmitter Headset / Non-boost crank
  • joebristol

So my mate just impulse bought one of these frames after I suggested it could be a cheap option vs a Stanton Switchback. He’s got a 2014 Kona Process that’s now been replaced with a SC 5010 so he wants to use as many parts from the Kona on the Sonder.

1) Sonder’s website says it’s an integrated headset – I’m assuming that means bearings that just drop into the frame? If so does anyone know what size / angles of bearings? It doesn’t list it anywhere online that I can find.

2) my mate has decided he’s trying to fit a ht2 threaded bb which is fine – but he’s assumed he can use his 2x non-boost crankset on a boost (and plus) frame and gone ahead and bought a 32t NW ring to go on the outer position on the cranks (Shimano slx I think). This almost certainly wouldn’t work on the plus Vitus Sentier I had before – I had about 2mm clearance max between the 30t boost chainring on a gxp crank – although the Vitus had tubular stays and it looks like the Sonder has a plate bit of metal on that first part of the chainstay. Has anyone tried non-boost cranks on a transmitter?

fooman

1. Pretty sure it’s just a standard drop in integrated headset.

2. I’m using a non boost Shimano XT crank (2x but with 36T single chainring)

joebristol

Thanks for the reply.

What is a standard drop in integrated headset – aren’t there different heights of bearing – angles of surfaces etc?

That sounds positive – maybe my mate will
    Get away with it after all!

fooman

Pretty sure I used a Brand X Tapered Integrated

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sonder Transmitter Headset / Non-boost crank’ is closed to new replies.