Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Somebody has stolen my dream bike (central Fife)
  • kirkg
    Free Member

Received a phone call from my neighbour this morning whilst at work informing me that my garage door was open. Asked him to go inside and he has confirmed that somebody has stolen my pride and joy.

I bought this bike as a little gift to myself after what was the most difficult year of my life and I think that hurts more than the financial loss.

I’ve always been extremely careful about hiding the fact that I have the bike and never unloading it from my van when there’s anyone around that I don’t know.

They have ripped open my garage door climbed through the piles of random stuff that I had blocking the door then ignored the two cheaper bikes and gone for the expensive one that was secured to the wall with to chains and hidden under a cover.

Santa Cruz Bronson CC V3
    Industry Blue with Purple decals
    Rockshox deluxe shock
    Fox performance fork with custom decals industry blue and purple
    Fox Transfer dropper
    Burgtec bars
    Burgtec stem
    XO1 Eagle Groupset
    Crankbrothers Mallet e pedals
    Hope e4 brakes black with purple reservoir covers
    Hope pro 4 hubs(purple)
    Hope 35w rims custom decals industry blue and purple
    Hope 203mm rotors(purple)
    Hope headset(purple)
    Blue DMR deathgrip grips(well worn)
    One up components integrated headset tool.
    Purple unite components upper linkage bolts
    Maxxis Minion DHF/DHR tyres.

Regrettably my insurance doesn’t cover it as I never got around to sorting it out. I know.

Gutted.

Poopscoop

That’s utter crap mate.

Worth posting where you are based so people can keep an eye out for it.

kirkg
    Free Member

Yeah sorry it’s central Fife(Lochgelly)

kimbers

post it on https://stolen-bikes.co.uk/

Got mine back after I posted on there someone was offered it as a swap for a bike they were selling on facebook

mattyfez

Who the hell is riding all these bikes, do they just steal them so they can put them in their own garages?

What makes stealing them worth the effort?

kirkg
    Free Member

Just registered it on stolen-bikes, thanks for the suggestion.

Ive shared the life out of it on fb and insta so I’m hoping the culprits are daft enough to try and sell it.

argee

Sorry to hear that, had both mine nicked from my garage last July, it’s a horrible feeling, even worse when not insured, i found out after the event that the garage is only covered to certain limits overall, and our insurance was voided as well due to a clause, so ended up having to fork out for a new bike myself.

Hope you get it back, as other say, stolen-bikes.co.uk, bike index, etc are all good, but after 7 months of daily searching, not a thing of mine has popped up, not complete bikes or the rarer bits (green i9 hubs, etc)

jamj1974

Sorry to hear that.  Sounds like it was targeted.  Bastards!

matt_outandabout

Bummer OP, especially the insurance lacking, that’s double crap.

Who the hell is riding all these bikes, do they just steal them so they can put them in their own garages?

I agree.

Two ways they are ‘hidden’ imo:
    – see how many black painted nice bikes are on Facebook/Gumtree for ‘swaps’.
    – hide in plain sight – a quick swop of wheels or logo/sticker colour (again, see Facebook/Gumtree above) and just go out to the local trail centre anyway. Try spotting the OP’s bike in amongst the lines of other Santa Cruz at Glentress next week.

redmex
    Free Member

There seems to be so much thieving in Fife for a small county along with lorry loads of fly tipping. I think the police will have a good idea who are doing the fly tipping but maybe not serious enough crime for them . The bike thieving maybe not the highest priority either

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’m in Dunfermline so will keep eyes open for the bike. Gutted for you.

kirkg
    Free Member

Cheers.

In fairness to the police they have taken it really seriously and I can’t really ask much more of them. My friend works in a bike shop in Dunfermline and he messaged me earlier to say that the police had called just in case somebody tried to trade it in.

The fly tipping especially around the meedies is getting ridiculous.

doordonot
    Free Member
    kirkg
    Free Member

Yep but with purple decals and components and in carbon.

chakaping
    Free Member

Good luck pal, I know how gutting it is even when you have insurance.

Hope it turns up though you’re right to be pessimistic. The scumbags know what they are doing.

funkmasterp

Gutted for you OP. I’m nowhere near you, but will keep my eyes peeled when browsing eBay, Pinkbike etc. Really hope you get it back

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Somebody has stolen my dream bike (central Fife)’ is closed to new replies.