Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sold Garmin – Buyer uploaded rides to Strava
  • dirtyrider
    Free Member

thought id deleted all my data off it, but the buyer has now uploaded 15,000+ km of my rides

anyone done this? is there an easy fix?

of course its not the end of the world, just a minor irritant and I’ve now got a duplicate mate on all my rides 😆

xora

Has he stolen any of your KoMs is the important point 😀

dirtyrider
    Free Member

he cannot steal them as its my data so the times are the same,

but yer all of them show him having a duplicate time 😆

AlexSimon

Contact Strava – they’ll probably be able to sort it (eventually)

hooli

I say leave it and enjoy the bragging rights for your awesome annual mileage 😉

wwaswas

Let’s hope they’ve set a privacy zone round your house…

taxi25
    Free Member

If you can be arsed flag all the duplicate rides. Say gps error or something. They’ll disappear unless the new owner of your Garmin contests this. But why would he.

DanW
    Free Member

That’s hilarious 😆 That volume of rides uploaded isn’t a mistake as it would take ages to upload. Someone from here?

scotroutes

Easily done. I connect my Garmin to my PC with a USB cable whereupon Garmin Express automatically uploads all new rides to Connect and it Syncs to Strava. There’s no intervention necessary.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

^^ i thought that initially, but clicking though, it appears to be at random, its not a whole data dump

scotroutes

How recent was it done? Might still be syncing?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

not sure, only noticed it when updating veloviewer and couple of new segments popped up, noticed i had the same time/power/hr as the guy below me,

Garmin was sold a few weeks ago, couldn’t tell you when the rides were uploaded, no way of knowing really?

they would sync in date order surely, doesn’t appear to have happened that way

contacted Strava, got any automated reply

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sold Garmin – Buyer uploaded rides to Strava’ is closed to new replies.