Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Social media aggregators
  • andyfla
    Free Member

Morning all, I am an dot watcher for the Transcontinental Race starting at the end of the month – that means I need to keep an eye on 15 diff people to make sure they are OK, not cheating, not riding together, etc – to this end I want to bring together all of their main social media feeds (Twitter, Facebook and instagram) in one place.
    I know I can link my own social media stuff to aggregators, but is there any way of linking just theirs into one place without having to make new accounts on Facebook, etc – so basically an aggregator where i select the feeds to be aggregated ?

Any ideas ?

allthegear
    Free Member

Do they not just have SPOT Trackers?? That seems to be the standard on things like this now.

Means they all have a “oops I’m in trouble and need assistance” and a full-on “SOS” button that will work ANYWHERE in US/Europe

SPOT even do a special map website for tracking multiple competitors and provide hiring of the trackers.

Rachel

wwaswas

You can create lists in Twitter and Facebook to just follow certain accounts, not sure on Instagram.

Most Social Media don’t want you usign API’s to access their content from other apps as they don;t get ad revenue so you may have to end up just following separatly on each platform.

andyfla
    Free Member

Allthegear yes they do but the tcr offers an extra level of monitoring as we can keep an eye on what they are up to hence the desire to follow just them.

Wwaswas – I can find aggregators but they all link into my own feed – I shall check out lists though , that could be the answer

andyfla
    Free Member

Anyone from the evening crowd have any ideas ?

poly
    Free Member

Presumably anyone cheating would just create a fake profile?

andyfla
    Free Member

Our main info is the tracker, but if they really wanted too to I suppose so – there is a high degree of trust, so it is more for when someone is in trouble , breakdown that sort of thing, so we can keep the organisers up to date before it it become a scratch

andyfla
    Free Member

And no-one has to have a social media presence, but if they do its interesting to follow as dot watchers start to live vicariously through their dots and if you can get that bit more info on them ….. its basically stalking across europe !

lesgrandepotato

Hootsuite?

andyfla
    Free Member

I shall check it out, cheers

deadkenny
    Free Member

+1 Hootsuite. Aimed at businesses who want to manage their social media accounts in one place.

andyfla
    Free Member

Cool, I basically want to be able to pick up other peoples social media without any of my usual stuff polluting the stream –

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Social media aggregators’ is closed to new replies.