Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Social dillemma – advice please
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Amongst our circle of friends there is a woman ( call her G) who has behaved badly when very drunk at two recent parties. The most recent incident she was screaming “fat lazy slut” at another member ( call her S)of our circle for 1/2 an hour. she claims to have no memory of this ( but I don’t believe her) If that incident had occurred in my house she would have been thrown out of the house.

The dilemma is a third friend (I)is leaving the country and G is hosting a party for her. S will not be invited. I had already decided that G would not be welcome in my house again ( one of the incidents happened in my house) G has not apologised for either of the incidents

The party G is throwing will have a lot of my friends at and will be a lot of fun.

Do I go or not? I am very fond of I in whos honour the party is being held

simonralli2
    Free Member

Go for I’s sake and don’t stress about G. Just try to keep away from her as best you can and enjoy the party.

meehaja
    Free Member

Go, get very drunk, behave appalingly and deny everything. jobs a good un?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course you go, whyever not?

Bit of stiff upper lip if she goes mental again, or a slap.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes. Because you are above childish school yard politics. And it doesn’t mean that you’re approving of anyone’s behaviour.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

You should go, but you’ll do what you want to do anyway, so why bother asking? …

Moses

Can we all come, please? When and where? My wife’s away and I’ve nowt planned for the weekend.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

what meehaha said – but only behave appalingly towards G.

dooge
    Free Member

Go to G’s partay, eat alot of her food and drink alot of her wine and then wee in her shoes at the end of the evening to teach her a lesson. Jobs a good’un.

Bunnyhop

Yes, go.
    I agree that G couldn’t have got so drunk as not to remember the incident.
    Surely at her own party she will behave.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Steve-Austin – Member

You should go, but you’ll do what you want to do anyway, so why bother asking? …

I really am unsure and its useful to hear others opinions before making my mind up.

As I would not welcome G into my house again is it not hypocritical to accept her hospitality?

geoffj

As I would not welcome G into my house again is it not hypocritical to accept her hospitality?

Yes, but its OK because the real reason you are going is L or is that 1?

clubber
    Free Member

It’s not hypocritical if it’s I’s main leaving do.

CountZero

Agree with dooge. Go for l’s sake, get totally wasted, wee in G’s shoes, (all of them), throw up on the lawn, spill red wine on the carpet and feel childishly smug for the retribution after a couple of day’s hangover. You know you want to. It’s what I’d do. I’d join in if I could… 😈

Bunnyhop

Look T.J we oldies need to lighten up.

markd
    Free Member

was she one of the ones banging in your hallway.

oh and check mleh – do you want to come to a ceilidh next friday? Lau would love you to come.

rOcKeTdOg

keep them away from the landing and stairs 😉

Sandwich

Video camera and post the film on you-tube with links to this forum and G. Shame should ensure she doesn’t do it again.

markd
    Free Member

hee hee RD in potty mind corner with me.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Make F poke G in the I then get Z to P in her shoes. Whilst you get drunk with the rest of the alphabet.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mark / RD – the very same woman. theirs is a ground floor flat so no stairs. I doubt she will behave badly in her own house.

Just feels hypocritical to go to me

Cheers mark. I’ll let you know. Should be OK tho

markd
    Free Member

Oh i see. it is her then!

Ach just have a DW in her hallway and seagull her door handles. Job. Done.

ski
    Free Member

Go, if you respect “I”

You could always ask S to join you as well, then invite B K Z F H, hang on H was sleeping with “S” recently, better invite “T” as he hates “G”, then again so does “K” and “F”, but they don’t drink and talk about weed all the time, “R” has BO so pass on him, “V” is on the rebound so keep him away from your Mrs, “O” gets the giggles and never laughs at your jokes, “U” dresses like she is 18, but has herpes and bad facial hair problem.

😉

roper
    Free Member

If you would feel hypocritical then ban the behaviour and not the person. She will then have to take responsibility for her actions without saying she blanked out or blaming you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gawd struth! This does rather feel like 14 yr olds! FFS I am approaching middle age

markd
    Free Member

you are worse than me for being an anal fool sometimes.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Back to the OP…yes TJ, I think you should go. Most of us have somewhere in our circle of “friends” and “acquaintances” one person who is what we would have termed growing up at home “a fookin eejit”, who behaves appallingly at social occasions and lets him/herself down, denies all knowledge the next day (I never believe that one either) and swans along to the next car crash of an occasion.

It is I’s leaving do and as S won’t be there, at least you won’t be cringing at the thought of another similar event. Also, you said yourself you’ll have a good time and there will be lots of people you know there – plenty of reasons to attend. The only reason you have not to attend seems to be that you feel hypocritical for accepting G’s hospitality in the knowledge that you’re not planning to reciprocate with your own anytime soon. This shows that you are a man of principals, which we all know..nothing new there fella. But there’s always a time when you just have to swallow and do the lesser of two evils…which in this case seems to be going to wish I bon voyage rather than steadfastly sticking to your guns on G’s behaviour.

I sense that you already really want to go for I’s sake. Looks like most here think you should too. It would be best to make the point to G another time.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just feels hypocritical …..

Never seem to bother you before.

😉

Just go ffs.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I must say not the expected answers. food for thought. ta chaps

thomthumb
    Free Member

pissing in shoes is childish, real men piss in the shampoo bottles! 😀

markd
    Free Member

no. real men piss in orange juice bottles in the fridge.

Stu

X = 42? 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

💡 😈

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

I am approaching middle age

Ha

ha ha

ha ha ha ha ha!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought that ^^^ too.

I was just too polite to laugh 🙄

samuri
    Free Member

Turn up, walk into the middle of the floor and point at something rubbish.

Say ‘That is GAY’ (this is the most offensive thing anyone can ever say apparently) and then just stand there smiling and maybe weeing down your leg a little.

bruneep

no. real men piss in orange juice bottles in the fridge.

No real men piss in kettles in hotel rooms when away on business.

uplink
    Free Member

TJ – Swinging parties are nothing but trouble, I wouldn’t bother organising or attending any more if I were you 🙂

juan
    Free Member

I can not believe no one else have said it
    thread worthless pictures… etc etc of G indeed.

pypdjl
    Free Member

I agree that G couldn’t have got so drunk as not to remember the incident.

It is certainly possible, although clearly she could be lying.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Social dillemma – advice please’ is closed to new replies.