• This topic has 822 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 823 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • senorj

😳😊

binners

Shearers analysis is clear, concise and depressingly accurate.

I intend to watch the Liverpool game alone, from behind the sofa, having disabled all social media, smashed my phone up and possibly faked my own death

binners

What on earth is going on at Spurs then? Are they attempting to be even more crap than us?

Anyway… the match of the weekend is later. We’ve got mates round this afternoon for a birthday party and to watch the footy. A quick calculation of the guests shows that its me and binnerette number one (who is already sporting her United shirt) 6 bloody scousers, one of whom is my dad (yes… that has led to many family arguments) and a selection of ABU’s.

Its going to be a long afternoon.

In an attempt to place the most preposterous bet imaginable I’ve put a fiver on a United win (at 5/1) and a couple of quid on Fred to score the winner (at about a miilion/1)

Klunk
    Free Member

What on earth is going on at Spurs then?

Levy seems to have dirt on who evers running VAR.

binners

Indeed. It doesn’t seem to be sorting any of the more questionable decisions (ie: a clear penalty) and then dissolving into total farce.

I wouldn’t be happy if I was a Watford fan

stevedoc
    Free Member

Likewise Binners, Life long Red here who also fears for the amount of grief that will be coming my way tomorrow from all the New City fans in the workplace, a long afternoon instore,with more harsh langue aimed at the LED box in the corner and disconcerting looks from the wife.

martinhutch

Indeed. It doesn’t seem to be sorting any of the more questionable decisions (ie: a clear penalty) and then dissolving into total farce.

So, Binners, are you more, or less, of a fan of VAR right now?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Klop’s face lol

weeksy

I just don’t understand how you can overturn one but not the other.

binners

Loving VAR right now!

I’ve got a house full of unhappy scousers. Happy days! 😃

MSP

I just don’t understand how you can overturn one but not the other.

Because the first one the Liverpool player was barely touched and should have been carded for a dive.

The second one, the ball touched his arm, it is now a definitive rule, and he doesn’t have to gain any advantage from it, so as long as that touch exists it isn’t a goal. This one is a poor rule IMO.

binners

Handball and a dive, basically

Klunk
    Free Member

The second one, the ball touched his arm, it is now a definitive rule, and he doesn’t have to gain any advantage from it, so as long as that touch exists it isn’t a goal.

try explaining that to Watford.

binners

I’d have taken a point every time before kick off

Best United performance I’ve seen this season. Worst Liverpool performance I’ve seen in a long time. Thankfully.

MSP

Liverpool haven’t been convincing in their past few games IMO. They have been dependent on some lucky moments to win the games, and today they didn’t get one. They have been on such a winning run, they have allowed some complacency to creep in, they seem to only realise that need to put an effort in for the last 15 mins today.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’d say they were worse v Sheff Utd but battered Leicester for 70 minutes and should have been 3 up before relying on the late pen. I think they need to try and get more creativity in the midfield, whether that’s through Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaquiri or even Lallana, I don’t know, but the usual three – Wijnaldum, Fabinho and one from Henderson/Milner aren’t going to win you many games if the front three don’t fire.

United need to score more than one goal a game but they were decent enough today. Should be mid table easily, too good to go down.

Cletus

After getting his tactics spot on in the first half OGS lost it in the second half and in the end did well to hold on. A lot of managers might look at how United played the first half and try to replicate it against Liverpool.

I thought Liverpool were pretty cynical in the way they took it in turn to target James – he should have got more protection from the ref.

Was hoping that this could be the start of a shakey period for Liverpool having lost their winning streak (and the chance of equaling City’s record) but then I saw who their next league game is against – Spurs at Anfield – nailed on 3 points.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

So after the Spurs game they’ll have played them, Arsenal, Utd, Chelsea and Leicester in the first 10 games – City in November could be a title decider 😲

binners

I think Ole got it bang on today. Stop them playing, get at them (we won pretty much evert 50/50 ball) and give them no time on the ball and cut off the channels down the wings. Wan bissaka was brilliant!

It worked. A draw is a result against this Liverpool squad.

I expected the worst today, but we played well and had a clear game plan.

Hopefully we can take that into our next games

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep agree – they did well enough to prompt Klopp to change formation in the second half, which he rarely needs to do.

binners

I was watching it with a load of scousers and they all said the same. Klopp never makes changes in formation, so when he does you know he’s rattled

By the end of the first half they were punting hopeful long balls over the top. I did comment that if you’re going to do that then who you need up front us Andy Carrol 😂

binners

Football, bloody hell.

9 nil. An absolute arse-kicking.biggest ever away win in the premiership

Are Leicester title challengers again then? They certainly look like it. They’re quality! Great to watch

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Ooooof! Ryan Bertrand may cop a bit from his team-mates?!!

Incidentally any Celtic fans on here still harping on about Rodgers swapping immortality for mediocrity? Shrewd move given Leicester’s young players, potential. And getting £80m for their 3rd best centre half 🤪

MSP

Ryan Bertrand may cop a bit from his team-mates

The players who remained on the pitch should keep there heads down and say nothing. Any player can get sent off one or twice in their careers, it’s not like Bertrand has a reputation for rash challenges, not many capitulate on the pitch in that manner.

A least Gunn got some practice getting the ball out of the back of the net, they have man city twice in a row now as their next 2 games.

scandal42
    Free Member

Being a Leicester fan I think I entered another realm last night.

My other half thought I was being murdered 9 times.

When as a Leicester fan you think you’ve seen it all, another record pops up to be broken.

What a club

Cletus

I can see Man United going for Rodgers as their next manager.

His ego would make him take the job despite havin a potentially great Leicester team but even he could not polish that turd!

scandal42
    Free Member

Utd will go for Potchetino.

Another loser who hasn’t won a thing.

binners

Unfortunately, I think you’re probably right.

It’d fit in perfectly with the present flailing, directionless narrative.

I’m going to be embracing one of those weird fottballing odities later

My mates brother is coming over from Liverpool. They’ve invited us all round for a few beers, food and watching the late kick off Chelsea game. Because Mike, having been brought up in the centre of Liverpool, in a house full of scousers, during a childhood where they won absolutely everything….

Supports Chelsea! And has done all his life.

I have a certain admiration for that type of contraryness 😀

Cletus

Is it not just a case of him supporting a team that was successful/glamorous at the time he started being interested in football?

There is a sprinkling of Forest and Ipswich fans (plus loads of Liverpool) amongst my contemporaries (guess my age!). I did grow up in Gloucestershire though which at the time had no League clubs

binners

Is it not just a case of him supporting a team that was successful/glamorous at the time he started being interested in football?

Its actually the polar opposite of that, which is why I have a grudging admiration for him. Chelsea weren’t doing much in the 80’s. Liverpool, where he’s from, and who the rest of his family support, were busy winning everything at the time, but he opted for Chelsea.

MoreCashThanDash

As an Ipswich Town fan, really wanted Leicester to make it 10….

Klunk
    Free Member

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve printed that out and have it on my fridge. Love it

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Another 90th minute winner for Liverpool – bet Klopp went postal!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Both liverpool and City definitely looking more vulnerable than last season but both bloody mindedly finding ways to win. What a battle it’s going to be next week!

weeksy

Liverpool should have been eleven nil up by then

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Liverpool should have been eleven nil up by then

I didn’t see it – just listened on the radio. They’re definitely showing signs of not turning possession and exG into numbers on the scoreboard. But 3 points are more important than 4 or 5 goals. And that’s what’s important I suppose.

weeksy

I was watching on a dodgy app. Will make good highlights tonight on BBC for sure

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

You would think they’ll come unstuck soon relying on 1 goal victories. Seem to be missing more chances as weeksy alludes too – they should have battered Leicester too. Maybe Klopp’s holding them back a bit given the number of games this season.

Klunk
    Free Member

Kante is wasted at Chelsea.

looks like he’s going to struggle to get a start at this rate.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 823 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season’ is closed to new replies.