• This topic has 822 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 823 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • ElShalimo

Barca’s lack of interest was comical

binners

I’m sure Courtihno enjoyed that.

Poch is going to be laughing his tits off at Maureen in the Europa League next season

Caher

Barca were a shambling wreck of their former selves. Bit uneasy about Bayern with so little competition. I hope City do them, but I doubt it.

ElShalimo

Bayern have been in great form since the restart, they just love playing in empty stadia. They haven’t played anyone who has made a game of it though.

City should be too strong for Lyon which sets up a thrilling game with Bayern. Both teams have defensive issues and lots of attaching options.

It won’t be 0-0 !!

ElShalimo

This City game is “interesting”

MSP

Pep out thought himself again, I love what he has created at the club, but sometimes in crunch games I just wish he would put out the best team and let them play the way he has trained them for the past few years, and not over complicate specific matches trying new formations.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Who would you have played instead MSP? Foden, B Silva? Mahrez?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who’d have thought City’s biggest win in Europe this season would be in the CAS?

MSP

I think the main thing would have been to keep to a, 4 3 3 formation, with just 1 defensive midfielder, personally I would have started with Rodri as DM and Foden alongside KDB in midfield with B Silva out at right wing.

When Rodri and Gundogan both play it slows down the forward momentum IMO, and Foden and Bernardo are energy dynamos. But there are arguments to be made for a few players, it was the formation that was the main problem, tonight.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

You’ll have Messi next year to help Pep finally win it again.

Caher

Well Stirling and Jesus have rewritten the adage of hitting a barn door.

Caher

You’ll have Messi next year to help Pep finally win it again.

Love to see Messi play on a cold wet Tuesday night in Stoke (or this season’s equivalent), but I doubt it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh Lordy, I’ve just seen Stirling’s miss. 😂

ElShalimo

After every game, my summary is “oh I don’t know, it’s all hair gel and tattoos nowadays”

It’s so far removed from the footy we all played and loved, what’s going on?

Caher

Money?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

After every game, my summary is “oh I don’t know, it’s all hair gel and tattoos nowadays”

It’s probably best you don’t apply for that football journalism job you were thinking about.

Money?

Tonight, some plucky, cash strapped outsiders just got dumped out of the UCL by the, I dunno, maybe 17th richest club in world football. I’m sure they were absolutely robbed. As usual.

mehr
    Free Member

My sister’s out in Portugal at the moment and two premier league managers are staying on her resort. Aren’t they supposed to be starting pre season training soon?

sandboy

If it’s Nuno, he deserves a holiday! Wolves season began on 25th July last year and ended on Tuesday night. I think the players have been given 30 days off.

theotherjonv

Yes, but that’ll be the job of coaches and conditioning coaches and nutritionists and pliometricians, and probably some yoga and ballet tutors as well.

Long gone the days of running up sand dunes for hours on end while Cloughie whacks at the laggards with his squash racket.

mehr
    Free Member

The new season starts on the 12th September, I’ll see if they pop up before I out them (not wolves)

theotherjonv

I’ll go with Sean Dyche, and Steve Bruce. Both look like they could do some damage to the all inclusive.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

🤣

ElShalimo

Brucey has been at the all you can eat buffet for some time now

theotherjonv

just in case Sean Dyche is a secret MTBer, I mean he is a fine, strong, muscular man who deservedly would need a second helping at the AYCE counter, to keep his powerful physique topped up.

He also looks like he could kill you just by shouting. Some kind of cranial implosion caused by ultra low frequecy vibrations.

ElShalimo

Remember Scanners?

ElShalimo

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

United’s 22nd penalty this season. 22!!!!

binners

Opposing teams should stop fouling United players in the penalty area then, shouldn’t they? 😛

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I did laugh a couple of weeks ago at Hoddles assertion that Citeh were clear favourites for the CL, no question.

lol.

Klunk
    Free Member

martinhutch

Oh Dear. Harry Maguire isn’t the brightest, is he?

Greek police open case against Harry Maguire and allege attempted bribery

loum
    Free Member

Another Manchester United “Buy your way out of trouble” fail.

martinhutch

His guardian Angel di Maria was looking out for him…

MSP

It does sound like a list of charges that would result in a short prison stay for a normal person. Lets hope wealth doesn’t allow a buy out clause, otherwise they may as well have just accepted the bribe.

mehr
    Free Member

Rule 1 of bribery try to be subtle about it. Apparently he just launched a load of money on the floor in front of everyone

ElShalimo

Nah then, that there Champions League final…..

Can anyway see PSG giving Bayern a game, or will Bayern continue their empty stadium bullying?

Caher

Oh Dear. Harry Maguire isn’t the brightest, is he?

They’ll be pulling his statue down on Easter Island. Silly slab head.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I think PSG will give them a game – Mbappe’s pace could cause a lot of bother especially if they play as high a line as usual.

binners

Harry Maguire’s police bail was set at £50,000.

United have offered them £45,000 and Phil Jones 😀

It should be a belter of a game tonight. The only safe bet is both teams to score. I don’t think a Bayern win is as clear cut as all that. We’ve booked a table in front of the telly in the pub to watch it anyway

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Am away on holidays with a pretty basic TV set up. Is it on normal telly box?

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 823 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season’ is closed to new replies.