• This topic has 822 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 23 posts - 801 through 823 (of 823 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • mrsheen
    Free Member

If you’ve mobile internet and can cast to your tv then I think it’s on YouTube as per previous years.

Caher

Anyone watching the European Cup Final? Used to a huge audience but hidden away on BT I cannot imagine the figures going much into millions.

deserter
    Free Member

I’m watching in Canada on Dazn

w00dster

Yeah watching on BT. Struggled to get back into football since the restart. And this game is no exception.

MSP

I’m quite enjoying it, think it has been a good game so far, better than the last 2 CL finals IMO. Though the commentators seem to be unimpressed so maybe it’s just me.

Klunk
    Free Member

Used to a huge audience but hidden away on BT I cannot imagine the figures going much into millions.

apart from the live utoob feed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8uHgI-7gs

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I mean, it’s the UCL, so far from clean. But every year that PSG nor City win it is a good year.

Klunk
    Free Member

dirtyrider
    Free Member

good gear year for Goretzka

Klunk
    Free Member

guilty!

mehr
    Free Member

Messi’s asked to leave Barcelona, now he can fulfill his dream of doing it on a cold Wednesday night in Stoke for City

MSP

I realy hope city don’t go for him. Would have been wonderful to see him him the PL a few seasons ago, and I am sure he could still do something special, I’m just not sure he could do it on a regular basis, and the money he would cost could be much better spent preparing the club for the next 10 years.

I am not sure Pep would want him really anyway, for all the platitudes he still sends in that direction, he doesn’t accept stars who don’t pull their weight and I don’t think Messi is capable of the effort required any more to press high in Peps system.

deserter
    Free Member

I can’t see it happening, despite all the hate for city their wage bill is nothing like Barca’s or Real’s, he’s too much money and the shit storm that the Spanish FA would cause isn’t worth it

binners

Surely he’ll just head for the gold-plated semi-retirement that is PSG?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

He has more money than he’ll ever need, would he really be demanding £400k odd a week?

Still an absolute great player but its a good point MSP makes about the pressing. I think football is moving more toward the team ethic again, there are few passengers now in the top sides, witness the collective pressing of Liverpool, Bayern and Man City, and to a lesser extent Arsenal refusing to play Ozil.

MSP

He had an option to leave for free if he informed the club by May, but is apparently trying to argue because of covid and the extended season that should still apply. I don’t think that flies at all, if the date is in the contract then that is that I don’t see any way at all he wins that in court.

If barca do let him go for free, and if he just wants to play for Pep again without demanding too much wages, maybe it is doable. But it still **** the long term plan for a couple of years of possible short term glory.

I would still prefere the plan to be challenging to bring in the likes of Hangerland and Upamecano rather than a Messi swan song.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol, even funnier than Hoddle claiming citeh were clear favourites for the champions league, Messi is passenger! 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Not saying he is……well, he was against Bayern, but so was the whole shambles of a Barca side that night. It was a general point about the direction the top sides are going in. He’ll go to PSG surely.

muggomagic

I bet he goes nowhere. Barca will do whatever is necessary to keep him and he’ll stay for another couple of seasons before retiring or going to play in Qatar for one season for mega money.

I would love to see him play in the premier league though. He is still a magnificent footballer and it would be an honour to see him play at the Amex (assuming we’re allowed to go to games by then). So from a selfish point of view I’m hoping he signs for City as we have Chelsea first game of the season.

ElShalimo

Messi swap with Mbappe?

Both of them get a move and a pay rise (as they’re quite poorly paid today)

MoreCashThanDash

Can I just add our local small town spin on the Harry Maguire story….🤣

Ilkeston Town player and brother given suspended sentences in Greece.Joe Maguire and more famous brother Harry Maguire…

Posted by Ilkeston Life on Tuesday, August 25, 2020

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah, I’d love to see him in the greatest league in the world too, Sean Dyche’s cloggers will sort him out.

Caher

I reckon he’d do ok in the EPL, similar player to Zola and Silva just even better. There is more protection from the choppers than ever now. Also one of his best mates is at City, Aguero.
    But Latin players tend not to like the weather and lifestyle so maybe Italy.

Viewing 23 posts - 801 through 823 (of 823 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season’ is closed to new replies.