• This topic has 822 replies, 84 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Caher.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 823 total)
  • Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season
  • binners

A well deserved man of the match.

There’s not been many united defenders running the risk of that for quite a while

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Doh!

muggomagic

Disappointed that Chelsea didn’t put up more of a fight against Utd. They’ve let Utd go above us for the first time this season. We still look pretty nailed on to keep that 4th place though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Someone just sent me this. It made me laugh so I thought I’d share…

A man finds an old lamp and gives it a rub. Out pops the genie and tells him that he will grant the man one wish.

“I want eternal life”, says the man.
    The genie explains that he can’t fulfil that particular wish.

The man says, “OK then, I want to be there when Liverpool win the Premier league”.

“You crafty bastard”, says the genie.

😂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

binners

Think Ole might need to get them practicing penalties. Well… add that to the long list of stuff that needs sorting out

Looks like Arsenal might well be on for their traditional annual Anfield arse-kicking

senorj

Lols at the genie.
    Norwich are good ,aren’t they?
    Bobby Firmino is very impressive and my new man crush.
    👍

binners

Norwich seem to have taken the same approach as Wolves last season. Which can only ever be a good thing. They don’t care who you are, they’re going to go at you from the off

Brilliant game today. Had Chelski properly rattled in the first half. They’ll do ok this season with that attitude

blader1611
    Free Member

Binners – Ole needs to grow some balls on a few accounts. He needs to tell Lingard he is dropped, tell Mctominay to go to another club and learn to play football and then he needs to tell himself that having the above 2 players and Young in your team equals bang average. Having all that pace up front means we have become so predictable, no creativity behind it so play on the break. Sadly when the opposing team sit back we are screwed which explains why we had so many shots off target because we couldnt fashion anything clear cut.

binners

Agreed. When Young is still making the starting line up, that tells you everything you need to know.

We still look like we did under Maureen. All the possession and zero creativity in Midfield apart from the odd inch perfect long ball from Pogba, which he seems to produce once every four games.

You watch Liverpool or City and every player is constantly looking for attacking options to tear into defences

RicB

The worst thing about Man U is the bench. Not a single game changing player to call on.

Wel, obviously the worst thing is the parasitic owners and inept management. Who did well this year at flogging Lukaku on deadline day, just in time to not be able to spend the cash on a replacement. They’ll give half the funds to Ole in jan and expect him to be grateful.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

What have Man Utd and a three-pin plug got in common?
    A: They’re both of bugger-all use in Europe.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Brilliant result from the lads today ..straight out of the Rafa book of tactics ..
    We need to build on that now ..but a 100% improvement on the game at Norwich last week ..
    Pleased for Brucey ..

binners

Well its a pretty sad day today around this neck of the woods. Bury FC is no more. Its difficult to see how a man who nonchelantly made the following statement to Five Live

“I never went to Bury…so for me to walk away from Bury and never go back is a very easy thing to do…I didn’t even know there was a football team called Bury. I’m not a football fan.”

to be deemed a ‘fit and proper person’ to run a football club by the EFL absolutely beggers belief, particularly when they’ve a string of failed businesses behind them and a reputation as an asset stripper.

Its going to be interesting to see what comes out about the clubs finances now. To say that the financing of the club that Dale put in place was dubious seems like something of an understaement. The guys who looked to buy it said they’d never seen ‘financial structures’ anything like it, but it was clearly not economically viable. It seems like the ground is now owned by some sort of opaque offshore trust

And Bolton is nearly gone too. A club that was in the Premiership and Europe not too long back, with another dodgy and shameless owner. Mrs Binners is a lifelong Bolton fan and I think, like most, seems to be resigned to them going the same way as Bury.

It all puts our Premiership-level whinging in perspective, but then the club I support is also owned by a bunch of chancers who don’t give a toss about it as long as the money keep rolling in. When you’ve got the same principles appliesd to the lower league clubs I suspect there will be more potential expulsions in the offing

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Champions League draw. Pretty good draw for the Premier League sides, esp City and Liverpool:

Group B: Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Olympiakos, Red Star Belgrade

Group C: Manchester City, Shakhtar Donetsk, Dinamo Zagreb, Atalanta

Group E: Liverpool, Napoli, Salzburg, Genk

Group H: Chelsea, Ajax, Valencia, Lille

scandal42
    Free Member

Leicester fan here,

Noticed old slab head still likes getting caught miles out of position even when wearing a red t-shirt 🙂

A lovely bit of business all round

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I think you’re right scandal42. He’s decent but the price! English player mark up? Promising young squad you’ve got, unless they get poached by the top 4.

scandal42
    Free Member

Come on then all you home counties Utd fans, prediction for the weekend 🙂

binners

I’m not from the Home Counties, but…

I’ve said right from the off that I think Leicester could well finish above us. Vardy seems to have hit his 2016 form again under Rodgers, whereas it’s difficult to see where our goals are going to come from, we’re so lacking up front

I can see Leicester getting a win on Saturday. What worries me is that it might be a quite comfortable one

MSP

Man city 5 up in 20 mins, that is quite a reaction.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, having one fit centre half isn’t an issue when you can attack like that! Sterling was on the bench too!

binners

On the strength of that performance, I think United need to be seriously worried about Rochdale in the league cup on Wednesday.

Absolutely woeful!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

You look at the starting line up and wonder where the creativity is. A few players are out injured who would always start, Pogba, Shaw, maybe Martial, but the squad is thin.

senorj

Great eh?!
    😉 👍

senorj

Kante is wasted at Chelsea.

MSP

The united squad isn’t half as bad as made out, but playing for united is destroying the players. The years of success under Fergie has become so overblown and mythologised that it is being used to crush the life out of the current players by the fans, media and especially the ex players. I feel sorry for the current players, it is impossible for them to live up to the false utopia of the past.

binners

It’d help if they actually turned up.

We know we’re a million miles off City and Liverpool, but that performance today wasn’t even worth describing as half-arsed. It was dire! Roy Keane summed it up perfectly

And then he let rip about the recruitment policy, with Maureen sat next to him, which was quite amusing

The whole culture of the club is rotten to the core. We got rid of two strikers and didn’t replace them, leaving us now without a fit centre forward because it made sense for the balance sheet. That’s all that matters to the parasites running the club. They’re just Mike Ashley at a bigger club, with more money to leach

Have a think about that for a minute. Manchester United don’t have a single centre forward fit enough to start a game. How the hell does a club that size end up in that situation? It’s a ****ing joke!

martinhutch

Utd are starting to resemble City. City in 1996, that is. Without Shaun Goater.

weeksy

It happens Binners, Liverpool did similar many times back in the day with buying and selling, us as fans just sat there shaking our heads at the decision.

binners

Weeksy – we’re in exactly the same boat as you were when you had Stadler and Waldorf as owners. Until we’re shut of the Glazers and Woodward, we’re ****ed!

I said last season that we haven’t a hope of top four this year and that instead we’d be looking at teams like Leicester finishing above us

weeksy

Aye, I hear ya mate. I think about some of them days, the players we bought and just shake my head in despair.

What I can never understand is, if the fans see it, the pundits see it, everyone sees it, then how can the manager not!

Whilst your lot may not have been in love with Lukaku, he was better than no option at all. I don’t get it.

binners

I don’t imagine Ole has any more say in the decisions taken at United than I do.

What manager would start a season with a squad so light? A couple of injuries away from having to play a mediocre midfielder as a centre forward? Having to bring a 17 year old on, when you’re trying to rescue a point, in the 80th minute, 2 goals down at West Ham. Seriously?

The people in charge, like Woodward, have no knowledge of football, and no interest. It’s just business. They might as well be selling washing machines.

As long as the money keeps rolling in, they couldn’t care less. As long as they continue, the club will be in terminal decline. We’ll be lucky to finish mid table.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

On a more positive note they do look like getting a solid back 4 sorted in Shaw, Lindelof, Maguire and Wan Bissaka (although he’s a pretty defensive full back for the modern game). Added to de Gea that’s a good foundation. Just need a few hundred million for a creative midfielder and a couple of forwards and Pogba to sort his shit out.

binners

Big game tonight! A titanic battle to see if either the 9th or 11th placed teams in the premiership can raise their game and challenge for the lofty, much-coveted last of the Europa League places, and the chance to fly to Uzbekistan on a Thursday evening?

Sky yesterday trying to build it up into the kind of match it used to be – with the footage of the Keane and Vierra day’s – just makes the lowly reality even more real

yossarian
    Free Member

I am no lover of Man U, trust me, but…

It’s sad to see them in this state though. They have slipped into the second tier of teams despite spending massive amounts of money, old trafford now looks tired and dated, the infrastructure that served them so well is not fit for purpose anymore. And worst of all, the name no longer carries the weight that it used to.

They ought to be a European giant. They currently hold less allure than Leicester. It speaks volumes that I was rooting for my team (Oxford) to be drawn against them in the next round of the league cup. Not for the payday, more for the very real chance of turning them over on a cold, rainy night in Oxfordshire.

binners

I’ll tell you how bad it’s got. Last week I put a bet on that Rochdale would be level with us after 90 minutes. The 20 quid I won when that actually happened wasn’t much consolation for the pitiful performance I had to endure. Against Rochdale! At Home! And it’s not like he put ‘the kids’ out. That’s our first team!

I’ve been saying for ages we’re a million miles off City and Liverpool, but I watched Leicester yesterday and we’re some considerable way off them too. I predicted this would happen this season, that we’d have squads like Leicester would comfortably finish above us. Right now we’ll be lucky to finish above Burnley. They’ve got a better squad. They’re certainly more entertaining to watch

We’ll get absolutely battered tonight. Arsenal’s defense is almost as ropey as ours nowadays, but they’re two awesome strikers. We’ll probably be starting with a mediocre midfielder as a center-forward as that’s our only available option

Talk about comedy management.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Hey Binners. You’ll be able to compare your lot against Leicester when you play Newcastle United next weekend. I don’ think you’ll get five but we’ll certainly get nil 🙁

binners

I might have a bet on that finishing 0-0 then. And I watched the match yesterday and saw how absolutely woeful you were, but right now thats the level we’re at too.

Its got ‘last game on Match of the Day’ written all over it

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

not wishing to pile it on but more here (Yossarian appears to have read it as well)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/sep/29/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united-sacking-not-stop-rot

binners

Yeah, I’d read that. It’s bang on! It’s what we’ve all been saying since the Glazers took over. It was inevitable we’d end up in this state. The club has effectively been asset-stripped by them.

Fergie papered over the cracks for a while, but once he’d gone it’s just been steady, rudderless decline on the pitch

And as long as the money keeps rolling in, the owners couldn’t care less.

They’re just the same as Mike Ashley, just playing around with larger amounts of cash

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 823 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball Goooaaaaal! 2019/20 season’ is closed to new replies.