Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 3,015 total)
  • soccerball 22/23, the WC hump season
  • theotherjonv

Can you come every game St Colin and comment about how shit we are, if that’s the effect 😉 ?

And given the abuse three young black lads got after the end of the last proper competitive game we played, is it OK to be disproportionately happy that three young black lads seem to be running the show for us

martinhutch

Also, Jude Bellingham, I really don’t get the hype so far he’s given it away and had poor touches.

Only scored one and made one, what is he playing at?

MoreCashThanDash

We could end up losing a player due to injury with some of these Iranian challenges, annoying given the scoreline

theotherjonv

Also, Jude Bellingham, I really don’t get the hype so far he’s given it away and had poor touches

The professional sportswriter that writes for the BBC website has a counter view

This is starting to feel like Jude Bellingham’s England coming-of-age display. He’s having a stormer.

stcolin
    Free Member

Only scored one and made one, what is he playing at?

This is his 18th cap?

Glad I have this on mute, the sound of Micah Richards losing the run of himself during the break is cringeworthy.

gobuchul
    Free Member

England are playing well but Iran are very poor.

PrinceJohn

The movement is superb though.

I do think Iran were probably pretty shaken by the injury to their keeper.

theotherjonv

I’m reserving judgement. They conceded only 5 goals all qualifying and are ranked 16th in the FIFA ranking. We may think different after they’ve played Wales and Team USA Soccer

theotherjonv

Harry Maguire can’t be concussed, that’s a brain injury which requires a…..

(or as the possibly urban myth goes:)

physio, shouting to manager: he’s got to come off, he doesn’t know who he is!

manager shouting back: well tell him he’s Pele and move him up front

theotherjonv

good sub Gareth!

PrinceJohn

Great performance – out of form players scoring goals, a lot of positives. Let’s hope we’ve not peaked too soon.

stcolin
    Free Member

Can you come every game St Colin and comment about how shit we are, if that’s the effect 😉 ?

Sure no problem, I can easily manage that 😉

I am pleased for those young lads.

peter1979
    Free Member

Great match, some really excellent performances and just because it’s against Iran makes no difference. It’s a world cup game, anything can happen.
    Stcolin showing they no little about football and probably just on the anti-england bandwagon that should have disappeared years ago.
    Bigger tests to come, but momentum is key.

MoreCashThanDash

Yeah, can only go one way from here….

theotherjonv

pessimist! There are tougher games to come but tournament football is about getting the results you need, and building confidence and momentum. This could easily have been like Tunisia in 2018, where we scraped a late win. The camp will be buzzing tonight, and that counts for a lot.

weeksy

LOL really… that’s a bloody ridiculous decision.

theotherjonv

Doesn’t matter but how that’s been reviewed when the one in the first half didn’t get a look is baffling.

stcolin
    Free Member

Stcolin showing they no little about football and probably just on the anti-england bandwagon

So my little opinion on the internet means I know nothing about football and hate England?

I’d like to see England do well, and Wales. I like a lot of the players. It was great to see them make the Euro final.

theotherjonv

looking at Saka and Bellingham’s post match interviews, the FA’s saving a fortune in razorblades with these lads, they’re not even shaving yet!

dantsw13

In a sport that is often decided by 1 goal, VAR today is a joke.

In the worlds richest sport, they need to spend some cash to properly sort out the protocol’s.

PrinceJohn

In a sport that is often decided by 1 goal, VAR today is a joke.

In the worlds richest sport, they need to spend some cash to properly sort out the protocol’s.

Yeah it’s pretty ridiculous – Ecuador’s opener yesterday, no review of Maguire’s pen, then a review of the the shirt pull on the Iranian.
    It needs consistency.

dantsw13

Cricket and rugby ar3nt flawless with their tech, but I feel the players generally have faith in it. I don’t think players or fans do in var.

johndoh
    Free Member

Let’s hope we’ve not peaked too soon.

I’d take a 6-2 opening win over a 0-0 draw and be reduced to hoping that we’ll peak later in the tournament.

Caher

As a Welshman……England look good.

I’ve never heard a Welshman say that. As an Irishman I was dressed as the Ayatollah.
    It’s cold.

MoreCashThanDash

Well, I’ve got USA in the office sweepstake, somewhat confused tonight.

Not really, hope Wales do them properly.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d take a 6-2 opening win over a 0-0 draw and be reduced to hoping that we’ll peak later in the tournament.

Wales fans: Hi

This looks rubbish. I’m not sure Wales are gonna get past the USA and I think they need to to progress.

nickjb
    Free Member

Wales not starting too well. Wouldn’t be surprised to see USA down to 10 men at some point though, that might even things up.

markspark
    Free Member

USA look incredibly fit, speed of their press is amazing

Caher

Much better second half for Wales. USA are being troubled by cramp. Not a head injury so why can’t they play on?

theotherjonv

foul on Bale at the end = denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity as keeper was miles off line?

martinhutch

USA look incredibly fit, speed of their press is amazing

Paid for it later, though.

nickjb
    Free Member

A game of two halves.

As an English/American household Mrs10 and I are viewing the matches today differently. I’m happy with the US result, Mrs10 on the other hand is a bit disappointed.

ElShalimo

Well done Wales

cromolyolly
    Free Member

foul on Bale at the end = denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity as keeper was miles off line?
    Posted 1 hour ago

I mean, it was, but the way the rule is written, it couldn’tdn’t be, even though it was. I imagine they never conceived of that situation.

Shame they don’t have some system of looking at incidents and fixing mistakes.

theotherjonv

whoa whoa whoa……

In this weird world cup of human rights abuses, bribes, intolerance, I’m now truly outraged.

What colour is that Dutch kit?

ElShalimo

I don’t think Newcastle will beat Argentina this morning

Klunk
    Free Member

Argies have conceded 2 in 5 mins against the Saudis !

dander

Ooooof!

weeksy

That was a bloody lovely finish for the 2nd… The first was good too of course.

I still see a few more goals in this

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 3,015 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.