Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • So who has the "Blingiest" Bike on STW ?
  • adi66
    Free Member

Was just looking through a couple of websites, and thinking, oh that’s nice… but he Wife would kill me if I bought that!

… so there must be some of you guys (and girls) on STW that have balls of steel and mega deep pockets!

So its time to show off your pride and joy to us all.

And just to clarity by “pride and joy” I mean your bike! lol

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cynic Al to the forum, if you please….

druidh
    Free Member

adi66 – Member
    but he Wife would kill me

Just call him husband. We’re very broad-minded around here.

float
    Free Member

im calling psycle to the forum, he never dissapoints

carbon337
    Free Member

Depends on bling but Toons sports some fairly top end gear.

MartynS

*tollah to the thread…*

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Obviously there needs to be a minimum criteria of what constitutes bling. Any bike with sub X0 or sub XTR anything is imo not bling.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Wheres seven with his seven sevens ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Niche ? Bling

trail_rat
    Free Member

If it aint custom framed made of ti thats been weaped from snow whites fair eye and draped in parts that money cant buy then it aint bling !

tollah
    Free Member

Waves @MartinS mine are all fakes 🙂

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

I’d put forward my ’97 X-Lite Titanium Pro with the dual crown, dual stem rigid Trinmel Titanium forks, but it’s more than a year old so I’ll get laughed at 😉

boxfish
    Free Member

*ponders a gold-plated Soul with jewel-encrusted head badge*

Definitions of bling – No. 4 seems particularly apt.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zaskar, that IS bling!

mboy
    Free Member

Niche ? Bling

This

Was a few years ago but Salsaboy’s Ti Spot was probably about the blingest bike I’ve seen. I think perhaps only the brakes and the rims were easily come by parts, White Industries cranks present, Phil Wood hubs iirc, custom tuned Maverick SC32’s, the lot basically. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but it was his labour of love and probably the blingest Singlespeed I’ve ever seen anyway.

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Zaskar, that IS bling!

Thanks 🙂 .. Nowhere near as bling as a lot of modern kit, but a damn sight rarer!

It’s not built how I want it yet, either… It’ll soon have full M950 kit on it, a set of Middleburn RS3s and a smattering of original X-Lite anodised bits. I’m debating on whether to keep the 1st Generation Crossmax wheels or go with a set of good old British Hope Ti hubs laced to some nice Mavic Ceramics.. Seatpost and bars are the original X-Lite titanium ones too, so they’re staying..

adi66
    Free Member

Niche ? Bling

+1 on that!

Loving this… the forks are AWSUM!

racefaceec90

ZaskarCarbon i like that 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Zaskar, I’d go Hope and ceramics. Full 950 is a given, of course!

Grips? Onza Ules, perhaps?
    Saddle? Has to be a real Flite, shirley?

OK, so it’s only a Raleigh RSP frame with some uber-bling forks, but…….Love it! 🙂

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Zaskar, I’d go Hope and ceramics. Full 950 is a given, of course!

Grips? Onza Ules, perhaps?
    Saddle? Has to be a real Flite, shirley?

Love it!

Saddle will be by X Lite too – a nice (NOS) PSS1
    Grips and bar ends are being replaced. I’ve got some X Lite stubbies to go on it.. Onza Ules are a good shout!
    I think I’ll go with the Hope wheels too.. the only decision to make then is which colour. And naturally I’d have to match up the bottle cage bolts and crank bolts too 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh, damn! Forgot the X-lite saddle! 😳 The right choice!

Sunsets would look lovely on that….Sunsets and purple, perhaps?

mboy
    Free Member

ZaskarCarbon, if you struggle finding some M950 brake levers, give me a shout, I might be tempted to part with mine possibly…

bol

Quality STW action. I’m guessing this is exactly the sort of thing the OP had in mind.

matt_outandabout

I know where there are 4 pairs of sunset rims, unbuilt and new 🙂

titusrider
    Free Member

My ibis is probably well over £5000, my history will have it somewhere. Chris king wheels, fox sus + push, magura brakes, carbon bars, etc etc no xtr though, I kept breaking the carbon cages.
    All built up over time though so doesn’t really count

Ps zaskar, screw xlite you need extralite, esp saddle with the semi naked siren 🙂 again see my history for details

cynic-al
    Free Member

CFH…moi?

I don’t have anything bling….or was it a joke?

arties
    Free Member

Zaskar, can’t believe I’m seeing this bike. It belonged to my mate who I haven’t seen in years. I can still remember the day he brought it home and being so jealous! Brings back great memories. I now understand his most recent Facebook status “My babys gone”. Enjoy!

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

arties – Member
    Zaskar, can’t believe I’m seeing this bike. It belonged to my mate who I haven’t seen in years. I can still remember the day he brought it home and being so jealous! Brings back great memories. I now understand his most recent Facebook status “My babys gone”. Enjoy!

I hope he treated it well!

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

titusrider – Member
    Ps zaskar, screw xlite you need extralite, esp saddle with the semi naked siren again see my history for details

It’s an X Lite bike – it HAS to have X Lite period-correct bits… It’s the law 😉

adi66
    Free Member

Rare and Expensive stuff’s what I wanna see 🙂

PJM1974
    Free Member

There’s bling and there’s bling…the most impressive bike is one that delivers the biggest grin to it’s owner IMHO. 😉

njee20
    Free Member

Reckon my Top Fuel’s pretty bling, in a different way though, being modern an’ all. Need to refit the Power Cordz cables now it’s drying out again.

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

adi66 – Member
    Rare and Expensive stuff’s what I wanna see

Well mine is certainly the former. When half of Retrobike have never even seen one in the flesh it has to be pretty scarce 😆

I’ll be quiet now 😳

footflaps

Sorry njee, but the Top Fuel is a frame design only it’s mother could love – I’m sure it rides fine, but it has to be one of the ugliest designs on the planet.

singlespeedstu

Rare and Expensive stuff’s what I wanna see

This one of mine is quite rare. Could be up for sale soon though for a lot less than it’d cost to get built and shipped to the UK. 😉

100_1060 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

njee20
    Free Member

Sorry njee, but the Top Fuel is a frame design only it’s mother could love – I’m sure it rides fine, but it has to be one of the ugliest designs on the planet.

I dunno, reckon there’s some comparable monstrosities on here already!

Psychle’s Bow-Ti has to be in with a shout of the retro crown.

Clobber
    Free Member

Why you getting rid of that stu?

singlespeedstu

I need room for another bike so this one’s drawn the short straw.

sofaking
    Free Member

let me know if it becomes available stu 🙂

singlespeedstu

You could take it away with you when you come over in a few weeks time. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘So who has the "Blingiest" Bike on STW ?’ is closed to new replies.