Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • So whats it like to hold neary £1/2Million
  • bland

Like this

Childhood dream, and a lot heavier than you think it could be from watching the italian job.

Thats 15.56kg of freshly poured still hot dore

(Yeah i know its in the wrong forum – so what bike would you buy with it!)

trail_rat
    Free Member

are those signs in russian – what country are you in just now then ?

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Is the other one under your hat?

crikey
    Free Member

That’s a nice jumper to be wearing at work.

FuzzyWuzzy

run!

ourmaninthenorth

are those signs in russian – what country are you in just now then ?

Azerbaijan?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Hmm – sounds like a crap dream to have as a child. I used to dream about flying through space on a magic carpet and killing dragons and stuff….

footflaps

Hmm – sounds like a crap dream to have as a child. I used to dream about flying through space on a magic carpet and killing dragons and stuff….

+ 1

I had a secret base on the moon….

mugsys_m8

Which mine? I KNOW Chovdar is not online yet. But is it an AIMROC op? Often kicking around Ganja or Baku…..

bland

Chovdar is up and running, kind of!

Its not AIMROC – What do you do mugsys?

JAG

Ok – I’m gonna ask…..

What is “dore”? I was expecting a Gold ingot but it doesn’t look very Gold or am I being stupid????? 🙄

matt_outandabout

run, and do not stop…

I am off to find the pic of me with a cheque made out in my name for £100,000. 🙂
    Sadly, I also have the pic of me handing back said check, with interest only six months later to my investor. 🙁

donald
    Free Member

looks like a dirty brick to me…held a big smelly fungus once that was worth 10k…it was a very large truffle

wrightyson
    Free Member

You look a bit like that bloke >> over there in the Argo advert! What percentage of gold/silver is that then?

M6TTF
    Free Member

Why would you blend gold and silver out of interest?

bland

You dont blend gold and silver, they are found together along with copper. In most cases gold is the by product of copper mining. The dore can be anywhere between 70 and 90% gold in its first stage. This is literally 5 minutes after it came out of the crucible and had just had a rough clean. further treatment will clean further slag off it and then its off to the refiners in Switzerland where the true concentration is determined

crikey
    Free Member

Where’s the jumper from?

Flash
    Free Member

When my wife and I got married we stopped over at Singapore for a few nights. Toddling around the Raffles Hotel shops my wife notices a Tiffany’s, dutiful husband that I am we go in “just to look”

My wife notices a diamond ring for the equivalent of 1M Stirling, despite mine and my wife’s protest they insisted she try the ring on.

When she put her own engagement ring back on it all looked a bit small really 🙄

Still think she should have done a runner

JohnnyPanic

and then its off to the refiners in Switzerland where the true concentration is determined

And when would that be? 😉

crikey
    Free Member

The jumper is the attainable thing, I need to know. I do like blue knitwear.

bland

It was actually from Lanzarote some years back i seem to remember, yeah random!

MoreCashThanDash

Gotta love this forum – show a guy in a sweater holding an expensive lump of dore, and all we care about is the jumper.

Show him on a £1/2 million titanium wonder bike, and we’d all be off raiding our piggy banks and wondering how we can sneak it past the missus….

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve got jumper envy and you tell me it’s from Lanzarote…

Dude, I am disappointed. 😀

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ever thought about growing a beard.Best to join up the dots.It would also keep you warm.If your from the North you will have to save up for a Marin however.

stucol
    Free Member

I did once incinerate Benefit Order books with a face value of £6,000,000.00.

Wonder if the Post Office would have cashed them all at once ?

djglover
    Free Member

I like the hard red helmet.

mugsys_m8

Engineering Geologist Bland for a large ‘global multi disciplinary engineering consultancy’ that has in the last couple of years been taken over by another larger version (should give you a clue if it’s relevant). Freelance now but was ‘on the books’ I did a lot of geomorph walkovers at Chovdar looking at Water Reservoir, Waste Rock dump’s, Tailing Lagoon sites g back soon for etc. I might be going back soon for tailing laggon construction.

I’m now involved in a ground investigstion for replacement of the oil pipelines through to Turkey.

faz083
    Free Member

childhood dream – the jumper or the hard hat? I’m confused.

ell_tell
    Free Member

large ‘global multi disciplinary engineering consultancy’ that has in the last couple of years been taken over by another larger version

How many of those have there been recently…

M6TTF
    Free Member

Still confused about the dore – do they separate the silver and gold out or does it have a use in its combined state?

ski
    Free Member

How much is the one in the background worth, it looks bigger?

flipiddy
    Free Member

‘geologists go deeper’ -that one never gets old

trail_rat
    Free Member

ski – the one on the floor ? that looks like a scale plate ?

ski
    Free Member

Lol how easy would I be to burn 😉

rickmeister

Nice one.. I did this in Coolgardie, big party after the first pour. It came out of the gold room and was passed around the collected workforce. Probably a bit bigger than that and there were a lot of people at the party with guns… cant imagine why.

What leather elbow patches for blue Lanzarote jumpers… ?

myheadsashed

Pah was working in a cash depository a few weeks ago, pallets of £100 pound notes – tens of millions on one pallet and racks of pallets8O

and ton bags with two pounds coins in………

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘So whats it like to hold neary £1/2Million’ is closed to new replies.