Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • So Mike Vandeman just cropped up on the Edinburgh Evening News…
  • Northwind

Still absolutely mental, still unable to understand that US law doesn’t apply outside the US…

But, he’s claiming that all the charges against him for the assaults a few years back were dismissed. Anyone know if that’s true? My understanding was he was convicted for the misdemeanors, dodged the felony, but did a very short jail sentence and some community service. as far as I can tell that’s never been overturned but he might have had it expunged? (ie removed from his criminal record after serving sentence)

Just curious really but it’d be quite annoying if he was exonerated, rather than just having it expunged

Kuco

Didn’t know he was still around, remember him from alt.mountainbike days. Raving nut job.

DickBarton

He was amusingly entertaining – like a human volcano erupting over everything.

tjagain

Link?

jwray

Northwind, that’s how I remember it, expunged, and I was living in the Bay Area at the time. But, can’t find anything definitive on google to back up my memory.

epicyclo

He’d have a real problem with open access in Scotland by the sound of him. 🙂

singlespeedstu

Is this the guy that tried setting traps on trails / attacking people and some how thought it was OK?
    A swift few Scottish swear words and a polite use of the shoe should sort him out if he was ever to try that shite over here?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

There’s probably an MTBR thread since it was a US thing. I suggest not even engaging with him – Mike is…a bit deranged….

crazy-legs

He popped up on road.cc a few days ago doing the same cut-n-paste ranting that I remember from his early days on here. He got banned almost immediately.

He appeared on some Lancashire News post years ago when they reported on an MTB accident at Gisburn where the air ambulance had been called out.
    Anything involving MTB injuries and he’s right there – poor deluded idiot must just spend his life on google searching hopefully for MTB accidents.

My understanding was he was convicted for the misdemeanors, dodged the felony, but did a very short jail sentence and some community service.

Yeah, something like 30 days in jail and a 3-year ban from the trail area where he’d been hassling and assaulting riders. Hasn’t stopped him posting shite on every single MTB story he can find.

singlespeedstu

What’s his view on ebikes?😂

Phil_H

He popped on on a Press & Journal story about this year’s Strathpuffer a while back spouting his usual stuff (The initial post looked like a copy and paste job) trolling for a reply.
    Scottish access laws would probably make his head burst😂

scotroutes

Hasn’t stopped him posting shite on every single MTB story he can find.

Can someone please send him a link to this place?

epicyclo

scotroutes

Can someone please send him a link to this place?

He’s probably already here… 🙂

jimw
    Free Member

My understanding is that he served his time and under Californian law, as a first offence and because of “good behaviour”, he could have the conviction ‘expunged’ from the record and could retrospectivley enter a plea of not guilty. This is a technicality And is not the same as overturned, and so to say he was exonerated is stretching a point
    He turned up on the Malvern gazette and got his posts removed for abuse after he called all mountain bikers liars.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

There’s probably an MTBR thread since

There is. Guilty if 3 out if 5 misdemeanors, time served, a month of road clean up and 3 year ban from the area.
    He appears on mtbr soon after claiming he wasn’t actually convicted and the bikers lied.
    Feel a bit sorry for him actually. He obviously has issues.

crazy-legs

Got a link to his Edinburgh Evening News post?

Northwind

Aww, he’s been moderated

squirrelking
    Free Member

Don’t say his name! Unless you want him to turn up, in which case crack on.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If he not like candyman, ye have to say it 3 times?
    Vandemann
    Vandemann….

😂

squirrelking
    Free Member

*facepalm*

You are a bad man.

BoardinBob

He appears to have switched his focus to Trump

https://www.facebook.com/mike.vandeman.96

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘So Mike Vandeman just cropped up on the Edinburgh Evening News…’ is closed to new replies.