Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • so I've bought this bike!
  • anagallis_arvensis

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=190836014249&index=6&nav=WATCHING&nid=02156271312

I have very little idea what sort of forks or shock it is or anything like that. Did I do good or am I an idiot. Will someone who has never had a full suss enjoy it. Had about five years off bikes due to injury and on my return it seems a old lava dome doesnt cut it. Well it will do the trails but slower than everyone else on their long travel thingies.

munrobiker
    Free Member

You’ll be fine, it’s a great bike. I’d probably get the fork and shocks serviced (just in case- especially with the forks) and it’ll be super.

davewilson634
    Free Member

Looks pretty good to me

martymac

are you sure youve bought it?

anagallis_arvensis

Well I’ve paid a deposit!!!

martymac

ah, lol, when i clicked it said item unavailable, that would be why.
    the five is (deservedly) a very popular bike, for good reason, namely that its brilliant.
    have fun bud.

anagallis_arvensis

Anyone tell what year it might be? What sort of shock and fork?

federalski
    Free Member

The best person to ask is probably the guy you gave a deposit to…

racefaceec90

crazy fool,next you’ll be saying you have ridden a bike 😉

very nice btw 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

The best person to ask is probably the guy you gave a deposit to…

you would think so wouldn’t you!

seavers
    Free Member

Did I do good or am I an idiot

That may depend on what you paid for it. However, as a fellow 5 owner I can say you have not bought a POS. They are fun bikes to ride. Get the forks serviced and the shock pushed. LOCO tuning would be worth looking at, good service and decent prices.

When it dies get shot of all the raceface stuff, I bet the BB will be first.

Granted these are not the lightest of bikes but they are a hoot on the downs. Enjoy!

seavers
    Free Member

Anyone tell what year it might be? What sort of shock and fork?

Looks like 2009/2010

Looks like the rear shock is the RP23 Boost Valve?

anagallis_arvensis

what does pushing a shock involve and do?

anagallis_arvensis

paying 900 quid which seems OK considering what frames and shocks go for, obviously I’m assuming the shock and forks don’t collapse at the first site of a trail!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Lol…..have you got an Audi to go with it? 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Nope a Skoda, if I had an audi I’d sell it and buy a brand new one!!

seavers
    Free Member

I found that the shock would blow through its travel way too easily. Even if I stuck a bit more air in. It just didn’t have progressive travel and I would bottom out more often than I should.

I did some research on the RP23 BV shock on a 5. There is loads of info on this particular shock to be found. Google is your friend.

Basically pushing a shock tunes it to your bike and your weight. It will make the shock bob less yet soak up the bumps better.

I liked my 5 before I had it done but after the tune it feels amazing. My thoughts are that orange sell these bikes set up for an average rider weight…what ever that may be. I am 90kg in kit.

seavers
    Free Member

paying 900 quid which seems OK

I think you did very well there!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘so I've bought this bike!’ is closed to new replies.