Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • So I've been dumped just before Christmas
  • PrinceJohn

And I’m gutted. It was only an 8 month relationship tho so not the end of the world.
    Totally my fault and nothing i can do about it now, but for future reference…
    Is swiping on tinder after a couple of months in a relationship equivalent to cheating given I wasn’t going to do anything about it?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Yes.

legend
    Free Member

Depends, which way were you swiping?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Everyone’s definitions of cheating are different, and there isn’t much use appealing to the Court of Public Opinion. Personally I think I’d give someone a pass, but I can see that some would feel exceedingly insecure about that sort of thing.

Pyro

Is swiping on tinder after a couple of months in a relationship equivalent to cheating given I wasn’t going to do anything about it?

Apparently yes to your (now) ex.

Torminalis
    Free Member

A man doesn’t walk on the lot unless he wants to buy a car. Let’s be honest, you enjoy the affirmation of a positive match, had a significant upgrade presented it self you might have done something about it and you knew you were doing bad every time you opened the app, hence not doing it in front of her.

Am I close?

convert

swiping

?

Was this a last straw or your only offence? Why were you ‘swiping’?

P-Jay
    Free Member

No, but it might look like you’re looking for a soft landing.

I’m out of touch with ‘dating’ do people use Tinder for fun / social media or is it just a dating thing?

Keep the receipt?

PrinceJohn

There were mitigating circumstances at the time, in that I wasn’t sure if I was that into the relationship at the time. She did catch me at the time and I lied to her about it.

I recently confessed the truth and we’re done. Ironically I lied as I was afraid to lose her.
    Now what I hate most is how much I’ve hurt her.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Were you wearing a hat?

Spin
    Free Member

What’s swiping? I’m out of touch.

grahamt1980

So you lied to her and are wondering why she dropped you when she found this out?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I recently confessed the truth

Wait…. She caught you looking at Tinder and you lied about it. Then months down the line you told her that you’d lied and the real reason you’d been looking at Tinder all that time ago was that you weren’t that into her?

There are plenty of things that there’s just no need to come clean on. This sounds to have been one of them…

drlex
    Free Member

?

squirrelking
    Free Member

What BigDummy said. Silly move, even if you were being honest sometimes it’s best to let sleeping dogs lie.

PrinceJohn

No I’m quite clear why she dumped me. And why it’s my fault.

I was more curious to people’s attitudes, at the time I thought it no worse than checking out members of the opposite sex walking down the street.

munrobiker
    Free Member

How many tinder matches you can get over a weekend is a competition between me and my wife. It’s only the internet.

Sounds like she is one that’s worth being shot of.

stewartc
    Free Member

I recently confessed the truth and we’re done. Ironically I lied as I was afraid to lose her. Now what I hate most is how much I’ve hurt her

What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive, however it all seems a little trivial to break up an 8 month relationship?

Oh, and…..

lunge

Not cheating but it sure as hell doesn’t look good for the relationship. If I caught my wife on Tinder there would be a very serious conversation had.

eckinspain
    Free Member

I was more curious to people’s attitudes, at the time I thought it no worse than checking out members of the opposite sex walking down the street.

I wouldn’t (don’t) do this either if I were in a relationship.

Shit timing though – sorry.

Klunk
    Free Member

I was more curious to people’s attitudes, at the time I thought it no worse than going to a singles bar and checking out members of the opposite sex.

fify 🙂

curto80
    Free Member

Maybe you could get back together when you go up to big school?

jekkyl

was she fit?

chvck
    Free Member

That’s a bit different though, one of you isn’t doing it in secret and lying about it. I’d personally see it as a bit of an issue, how much I don’t know but it’d certainly make me feel somewhat less secure and less trustful.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

You may only be 2 clicks from getting back together!

perchypanther
    Free Member

At the risk of coming across all stalky and Edukator-y…..

OP – Didn’t you get dumped , out of the blue, about this time last year?

A bit of a pattern emerges. Maybe you just don’t give off a good Christmas vibe.

*scurries off to check dossier

PrinceJohn

No I might have a history of relationship woes, well documented on here, partly as I don’t always have friends about to talk to.

convert

OP – Didn’t you get dumped , out of the blue, about this time last year?

If you are looking to get shot there is no better week – saves a load of cash in presents, avoids tedious ‘inlaw’ festive commitments and clears the decks for a new year’s eve dalliance.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Swiping on Tinder is a lot like making love to a beautiful woman…

acidtest
    Free Member

If you’re young then that’s something to learn from, if you’re not young then you should’ve known better and it’s something to learn from.

mic8
    Free Member

Well Perchy certainly takes note of who posts, and what they post 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

Well Perchy certainly takes note of who posts, and what they post

It’s all in the spreadsheet. 😉

Sundayjumper

I still don’t understand what ‘swiping’ is in this context. Is it just browsing, or actively engaging ?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I thought there were rules about dumping people before Christmas, something like after the 14th of December you have to ride if out until the first day back at work?

sputnik
    Free Member

Google ‘swiping on tinder gif’.
    Couple of very good ones.

Sundayjumper

He’s making a database
    He’s sorting it twice
    SELECT * from contacts WHERE behavior = ‘nice’
    SQL Clause is coming to town

perchypanther
    Free Member

Your name is going on ze list!

woody2000

Sundayjumper – awesome 🙂

Xylene
    Free Member

How do you get caught swiping on tinder? For research purposes of course.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

A man doesn’t walk on the lot unless he wants to buy a car.

One of the joys in life is pottering around showrooms looking at cars that you can ill afford. It’s a poor analogy for the OP.

OP, you were in the wrong here and acidtest puts it well:

If you’re young then that’s something to learn from, if you’re not young then you should’ve known better and it’s something to learn from.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘So I've been dumped just before Christmas’ is closed to new replies.