Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • So I've been dumped just before Christmas
  • convert

I still don’t understand what ‘swiping’ is in this context. Is it just browsing, or actively engaging ?

I’ve googled….swipe left – reject….swipe right – a goer. If two people swipe right on each other’s profiles they are a match.

mrmoofo

The impetuousness of modern mating ….

It’s not like the end of the world when the immediacy of Tinder allows you to have moved in together by Saturday …

mboy
    Free Member

Genuine 😆 @ sundayjumper

Googled the swipe right gifs, the “Tinder o matic” is pretty good, but my personal favourite is the rotating chicken breast!

Torminalis
    Free Member

One of the joys in life is pottering around showrooms looking at cars that you can ill afford. It’s a poor analogy for the OP.

I am sure there are plenty of Tinders that our OP can’t afford, and I daresay that if you were to be offered one of your dream cars at a price you could just about cover, your loyalty to your current ride would wane pretty sharpish. Analogy stands. 😀

Sundayjumper

That wasn’t my creation, btw, reposted from Facebook.

I now understand the swiping thing. Not sure it’s grounds for dumping in itself but I can see it being a final straw if things were a bit shaky anyway.

slowoldman

Shit timing though – sorry.

Especially if you’ve bought the presents.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Is “swiping on tinder” some sort of “spanking the monkey” euphanism ?

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I thought there were rules about dumping people before Christmas, something like after the 14th of December you have to ride if out until the first day back at work?

Yep, technically she’s broken the rules of the xmas transfer window 😉

timc
    Free Member

After a couple of month is poor form IMO, what did you think would happen if you were caught out?

Learn from it & maybe consider that you weren’t actually content with her anyway?

jonnyboi

Seems like she didn’t dump you for idly swiping on tinder, she dumped you for lying to her. So with my internet psychologists hat on I can confidently say one of you has trust issues.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Grindr…..next time boyo

nickc

. Not sure it’s grounds for dumping in itself

Perhaps, but the lying about it afterwards probs didn’t help much

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Maybe you just don’t give off a good Christmas vibe

Xylene
    Free Member

how do you get caught though. Is it not annoymous. Or do the rejected get to see they are rejected.

There is more to this than meets the eye. Was it her mate you swiped right on?

shermer75
    Free Member

Gary_C

Look on the bright side, at least you’ll save some cash by not having to buy her a Christmas present, but if you’ve already bought one then I hope you’ve kept the receipt.

Every cloud & all that.

CountZero

Lying about it; not good, but fessing up you lied about it later was, you have to admit, a real dick move! 🙄

chakaping
    Free Member

I daresay that if you were to be offered one of your dream cars at a price you could just about cover, your loyalty to your current ride would wane pretty sharpish. Analogy stands.

+1

How many of us have idly browsed bike websites with no intention of buying a new bike, frame or whatever – then you see a bargain that you just can’t ignore…

bruneep

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

You say you’re “gutted”, but imagine how she feels, having someone she liked turn out to be a disappointing flake. She invested in you and you let her down.

My well-meant advice is don’t be “that guy” again.

You sound young/immature. See this as a learning experience about how to treat people decently 😉

RustySpanner

A man doesn’t walk on the lot unless he wants to buy a car.

As I often say to Mrs S, even if you drive a FIAT, there’s no harm in flicking through the Ferrari catalogue now and again.

Oh, how she laughs.

wilburt
    Free Member

I believe technically speaking we are only programmed to be monogamous because it takes a long time to bring up kids with big brains.

After that its a free for all if you have any sense.

mark90
    Free Member

At least you should have plenty of matches already, so a head start on the dating game. The christmas present you bought for her might not go to waste if you act quick.

ulysse
    Free Member

Illusions, corner of Lever Street.
    £20 gets you a full polish and then you can f*** everything.
    Dating. Tinder. Grindr

F’kin rank amateurs!

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘So I've been dumped just before Christmas’ is closed to new replies.