Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • So, I found a Spur, do I want a Spur?
  • devash
    Free Member

On the back of my “which Transition dealer”? thread, I finally found a bike shop close to me in Spain who actually has a GX build in the size I need. I’m going there this Friday to check it out (with credit card in hand, just in case).

6 months of researching, reading, demoing and it might be new bike time this weekend.

Spur owners of the forum – Do I want one? Do I need one? Anything to watch our for?

They also have a Deore build but not in the blue / green colour.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Buy it, demand is so high and supply very limited. I’d love one but it’s pricey and hard to get.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m always torn between the spur and the sentinel. The spur does seem ideal but the sentinel will offer greater mud clearance (or take bigger tyres) and will take a coil shock.

lawman91

Buy it!! I’m just over 13 months on mine and I still can’t get enough of it. It just plain rocks. Short blast, long spin on the moors, hell I’ve even commuted on mine, I just love it. Deep Sea Green is the best colour too, though the grey has grown on me since launch, but the green is just 🤤🤤 As said supply is shocking and demand is how so snap their arm off for it let alone a hand!

Furious

Best MTB I’ve ever owned. Handles way rougher terrain than 120mm would suggest. There is very little in the UK I wouldn’t tackle on it. Mine is grey but that was because the only one available at the time. Don’t ever feel like I need more travel when I ride it and I do have a longer travel bike to use if I wish

devash
    Free Member

Any issues with the Rock Shox suspension? I’ve seen a few owners on various forums complaining about fork bushing issues and leaking rear shocks. I must admit I have a preference for Fox after having a bad experience with a Reba fork many years ago, but willing to give RS another go.

lawman91

None from my end on the suspension front, both fork and shock have been totally reliable so far. Shock leaked a little oil at first, but LBS say every Rockshox shock they’ve had through in the 18 months has done. They had one Sid fork with bushing play, but all others they’ve sold on Spurs have been fine, so seems isolated to a few forks. I think it’s the ideal setup for the Spur, both have seriously impressed me with how smooth and controlled they are for how ridiculously light they are.

BillOddie

My mate has one and loves it and he is VERY picky.

Do it!

shortcut

I have one and love it. Great for pretty much everything I am ever going to ride. Light enough for mid pack xc (with the right component choices) and confidence inspiring on descents. Climbs well too.

If it had a second in side the main triangle bottle cage it would be perfect.

devash
    Free Member

Shock leaked a little oil at first, but LBS say every Rockshox shock they’ve had through in the 18 months has done.

Yup, had that in the past with RS forks and shocks from new / after a service. Settles down after a few weeks of riding.

radbikebro

I’ve got the Scout, best bike I’ve ever had by a longshot. Rides like a much bigger bike than it is, but is still light and efficient enough for long days in the saddle too. If the Spur is anything like as good as the reviews say it is (and how my Scout is) I’d buy one in a heartbeat.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘So, I found a Spur, do I want a Spur?’ is closed to new replies.