Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • So I am sat here waiting for my wife to go into labour
  • organic355
    Free Member

Day 3. My resolve is weakening.

Chaos here. Lots of emergencies downstairs means we aren’t getting moved down to get waters broken & drip until there is space. We were 4th on the list last night, and one woman had gone this morning but who knows how many emergencies there were during the night.

This machine is both a source of fascination and terror! Can’t take your eyes off it. And panick stricken if it goes quiet!!

Gonna be an Xmas day baby at this rate!

Good job I live 5 mins away as “sleeping” at home, showering etc.

Please let if be today for the sake if our sanity!!

bearnecessities

Poor lass!

neninja
    Free Member

If you’re squeamish stick to the head end. I actually quite enjoyed watching the baby come out with both our boys.

Our first boy was induced in the same way as your wife (he was 2 weeks late) and it still took another 36 hours before he made an appearance and even then he made things difficult – ended up being literally yanked out with a ventouse which was pretty scary.

It will be a magical Christmas in your house, all the best.

sandwicheater

Come on child!!

Feel for you. Had our first at the start of the year and we were in for 5 days (labour being two of those. Well, labour was 1 day but had us come in early to twiddle are thumbs the idiots).

Hope it all goes smoothly.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Mrs S lasted out for 5 days of induc(ement)(ing)? and eventaully the boy was a sunroof job. Tough waiting but sit tight, you’ll get there

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Good luck to all three of you.

gonzy
    Free Member

still no news?!
    oh well…some things are worth waiting for although your missus wont agree…i agree with dont look below the equator especially if you’re squeamish…i did both times but it didnt bother me at all…just a process of nature IMO.
    my son was induced 1 week early and my daughter was very nearly the same as she was 9 days overdue….now i have to go through the whole thing again in about 5 months time!!
    good luck!!

Kryton57

Ha Ha. My wife and I reminisced just the other night, how we used to get roaringly pissed on the sofa every Friday at least.

Now we sip at one drink and prop our eyes open with matchsticks before retiring at 10pm. But all for the right reasons!

Best wishes OP – be careful standing at the head end, I sprained a calf muscle there during KJ01’s arrival!

ransos
    Free Member

There are certain things in life that should remain forever a mystery. I stayed northside, as agreed in advance with Mrs R.

As for cutting the cord – trained medical professionals are on hand, why not let them do their job?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Organic I tuned in for pictures of your first born not some some medical equipment !

Tough times especially for the Mrs, good news you are in the right place. Make sure you are not forgotten. I say this from experience as our first took a long time to arrive and to be honest I think the staff switched off, at one stage they berated me for not calling them based upon the monitor readout – I pointed out quite forcefully that it was their job to check the monitor regularly not mine.

Fingers crossed for all three of you, you might want to start thinking about c-section, whether you are both prepared for it. All that matter is health of junior and mum.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Got to be time for the sunroof option soon, surely!

Bonne chance!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Goodluck organic355.. I cant imagine it taking that long.. all ours were born within hours of arriving at hospital. Hang in there and fingers crossed all goes well.

natrix
    Free Member

As for cutting the cord – trained medical professionals are on hand, why not let them do their job?

It doesn’t need a trained medical professional to cut a chord 😀 same as it doesn’t need a cytech mechanic to fix a puncture!!

geoffj

It doesn’t need a trained medical professional to cut a chord same as it doesn’t need a cytech mechanic to fix a puncture!!

But if there’s one hanging around doing nowt let them get on with it FFS 😡

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It doesn’t need a trained medical professional to cut a chord

Indeed. You need a musician for that.

🙂

Drac

Good luck Organic. Both ours were induced but took less than 12 hours for each.

Because they let the Dad do it under supervision. I didn’t cut the cord of either of ours as it actually made if feel more like being at work then, if that makes sense.

lowey

Good luck to you both. An amazing experience.

bearnecessities

I didn’t cut the cord of either of ours as it actually made if feel more like being at work then, if that makes sense.

You think you have the bedside manner to be a midwife? 😉

brakes
    Free Member

Our first boy was induced in the same way as your wife (he was 2 weeks late) and it still took another 36 hours before he made an appearance and even then he made things difficult – ended up being literally yanked out with a ventouse which was pretty scary.

snap. mine was exactly the same.
    I went to say hello to him as he was being toweled down and forgot about the ‘don’t look at the other end’ advice and caught a glimpse of the massacre. an image that still haunts me today. 😐

theotherjonv

Like a badly removed fireplace…….

Drac

You think you have the bedside manner to be a midwife?

Well yes but I’m not a midwife.

organic355
    Free Member

We are still here!!!

wilko1999
    Free Member

Good god! Must be really frustrating and demoralising for you both, stay positive, it’ll be over soon (ish!)

wwaswas

We had to wait 48 hours for our first after my wife went into labour.

The view from the top floor of the Sussex County hospital in Brighton is forever etched into my mind.

Kryton57

Jeez. No 1 was 7hrs, No 2 was 3hrs from first Contraction. The last one was a real rush to the hossie I can tell you – she went from 5 mins apart to one min apart during the 30 minute journey. Once crowning, KJ02 popped out like a bullet from a gun.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Think my second one took about three days – I remember walking round the local fair having to stop every now and again for a contraction 😕

organic355
    Free Member

Thing is we aren’t even in labour yet!

Got taken to labour ward this morin at 7 ish, they tried to break waters a few times and couldn’t then they put up a balloon to try and get things going. It fell out so not sure if it’s worked or not but they say its a good sign, but wife isn’t convinced.

Looks like i am sleeping here tonight.!

Wife’s birthday tomorrow so odds on favourite for a shared birthday!

beefheart
    Free Member

Jesus this is dragging on.
    I hope you are on the ‘gas ‘n air’, it makes everything better.
    Good luck.

beefheart
    Free Member

Also, can u now get wifi in maternity wards?

jambalaya
    Free Member

I wish I could think of something more constructive than FFS and TMI !

The Mrs must be pretty tired by now, thinking of you both. Fingers crossed (not legs).

By the way given the progress so far I don’t see how you are forecasting a 21st delivery, I’m going for Christmas eve 🙁

bearnecessities

Thread title needs changing to “So we’re all sat here waiting for Organic’s wife to go into labour”

akira

No sweepstakes yet? Got a month till the next ones due and the current two are winding me up with pre Christmas exuberance.

jekkyl

Has your wife been in contact with angels recently?

Good luck op’s wife. Time for sunroof job I reckon.

organic355
    Free Member

Well some of you called it. After a long period of inducement and not a lot happening the wife was knackered and in a lot if pain we made the decision to have a c- section

Meet LUCA born today, on the wife’s birthday (bugger expensive for me!!)

7lbs 11.5 oz. born 12:29 after getting admitted to pre natal ward on tuesday at 12:30 it’s been a helluva week!!

Have a good Xmas I know we will once we catch up on sleep.

And thanks for your advice/support

bearnecessities

YAY!!!!! 😀

steveoath
    Free Member

Congrats, best wishes to all three of you.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Whew! congratulations.

neninja
    Free Member

Congratulations. Have a great family Christmas.

DezB
    Free Member

Yay! Good work, congratulations!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Excellent, a baby for Christmas. Well done!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘So I am sat here waiting for my wife to go into labour’ is closed to new replies.