Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • So, BA now charge to reserve seats, feeling seen off.
  • konagirl
    Free Member

Are you an insider with the industry?

Ha ha, nope just fly far more than I should. And since my employers have only ever paid for economy flights then I try to find ways to make long haul less unpleasant by following the frequent flyer forums!

northernsoul

I never understood the want for aisle seats. You have to move everytime someone wants out.

It’s also a pain if you’re desperate for the loo and the person in the aisle seat is asleep. I’ve just got back from San Diego – the chap in the window seat didn’t get up once during the entire flight (8.5 hours). I have an Avios account and always seem to be pre-allocated my seat preference (aisle), and have been upgraded once from cattle class to slightly better cattle class. They have other ways of taking your money too, such as on option to pay extra in cattle class for a better meal.

trail_rat
    Free Member

It’s also a pain if you’re desperate for the loo and the person in the aisle seat is asleep.

No (as an aisle sitter) you wake them and ask them to move.

Don’t feel guilty about it. We are all traveling and we have all made our choices.

I wouldn’t expect anyone to sit there desperate for the loo at my expense. If I did I’d stump my own money up and travel up the front. We are all in cattle together. Thems the breaks.

5lab

pfft, most of BA’s business class isn’t direct isle access, so you’re stuck in the same boat (albeit with a bit more space to wiggle past) as economy. Virgin’s herringbone layout is better for that purpose, or fly with BA and book a seat early which is at the front/back of a section to avoid the issue (you tend to get a bit more legroom that way too)

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I have literally just read this and checked our upcoming NZ flights. Emirates have just charged me £384 for book seas for my family. Tried Live chat to see if it was absolutely necessary, and the reply was, that they can’t guarantee us being sat together without paying. I’m sure it would have been fine, but my wife didn’t want to risk it!

Barmy. Completely wasted money. Why would you do this?

It’s simple, if you don’t get seats together then just ask the adult sat next to your kid if they would mind holding the sick bag if needed.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

What you do get from airlines like BA are decent airports to fly from and a good frequency in their schedule….that is where the value of the traditional airlines like BA are. If you only fly once in a while and can be flexible on your travel times then you wont value that, but if you are in any way a frequent flyer they you’ll easily value convenience over ticket price

Not sure if serious. I think that out of the last 200 or so flights I have taken, 2 of them have been BA.
    “Decent airports to fly from.” ROFL

Matt24k
    Free Member

BA and Emirates extra charge for choosing a seat prior to online check in is the reason I now use American or Delta for US flights and Qatar for flights east.
    I booked a 4 sector trip with AA and was able to choose seats, at no extra cost, all the way through at time of booking except for the last sector which was a code share operated by BA. BA wanted £39 per seat for that flight.
    Always check the seat configuration of your flight on seatguru.com before deciding where to sit especially if you are paying for the “privilege”.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“Decent airports to fly from.”

if your willing to go through heathrow.

Heathrow goes to shit if the wind changes direction.

Give me Schiphol any day of the week

(ive done both routes with alarming regularity – every single time my bags have gone AWOL its been through heathrow….which I’ve had to do to pick up visas on route – i avoid it like the plague otherwise now)

seadog101

Give me Schiphol any day of the week

I’ve had more delays into/out of Schiphol than I dare to remember. Very prone to fog.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘So, BA now charge to reserve seats, feeling seen off.’ is closed to new replies.