Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Snapped oakley frame – has anyone ever successfully glued any ?
  • foxman
    Free Member

Have tried super glue but it wont hold , any ideas

legend
    Free Member

Got to an Oakley dealer and get the box to send it back. Oakley after sales is very good

scratch
    Free Member

Guessing the frames are PP? nightmare to bond. Send them back, I’ve only ever heard good things about their aftersales.

julianwilson
    Free Member

…aftersales didn’t help me: my glasses were discontinued and no spares available (would have gladly paid since it was I who sat on them), got politely told “tough” with no whiff of discounted replacement. Given the customer service that is normally raved about on here and tales of free repairs and replacements of truly ancient/knackered frames/parts, I was a bit disillusioned with them TBH.

Also if warranty/customer service fails you, find out what your frame is made of and Google away for what glue works.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hang on you couldn’t get replacements for your own signature series of Oakley.

I love your limited edition Holbrooks.

http://uk.oakley.com/products/6937/26143

foxman
    Free Member

Have already sent them back with tough to old no spares available hence wanting to fix them , pair of polarized frogskins .

iolo
    Free Member

Given the customer service that is normally raved about on here and tales of free repairs and replacements of truly ancient/knackered frames/parts, I was a bit disillusioned with them TBH.

If you crashed your car and smashed the front wing in would you expect a discounted replacement? Why should it be different with sunglasses? Did Oakley break them?

st

I have some very long obsolete Zeros and had the same happen. Oakley advised no spares available but that I could have replacements at 40% discount. Not got round to sorting it out though.

I also did this a long while back with some E Wires that my brother say on and totally smashed. Got some Flak Jackets to replace them on the same basis.

foxman
    Free Member

I was not after free replacements , i was expecting to pay for a repair.

martymac

i have repaired the leg on my old (90s) frogskins.
    used a needle like an internal pin, heated it up with a flame to insert it.
    worked ok, and held fine, but i couldnt fold the leg after it.
    i may have used araldite at the same time, cant be certain about it though.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Oakley customer service is awesome simply because the glasses cost about £5 to make yet they sell them for £100 upwards! They can afford to replace them for free 🙂

jonk

Sugru fixed mine – old zeros didn’t want a replacement even with the 50% discount.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Iolo, the first half of my sentence that you quoted is the answer to the question you asked immediately after quoting me. Oakley have a usually justified reputation for doing just what I mentioned (but not for me) and this is what Oakley fans will say is one reason for their relatively high prices.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Snapped oakley frame – has anyone ever successfully glued any ?’ is closed to new replies.