Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Smokers in the kids playpark!
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

SPW

Sanctimonious Prick World.

Do you ever consider the kids who work in horrendous conditions so you can have your cycling gloves, shorts fleece etc.?

jambourgie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

we need to make an effort to get along

i think part of that effort is not smoking in front of folks children in a childrens play area. It is a big open space go find somewhere to smoke where no GAS. They dont care whether you smoke or not they care where yuo smoke and whether it impacts on them and their kids……its not that difficult to comprehend

Imagine weeing – i dont care where you do it but if you do it too near to me I will say something.

As i said originally it is pointless trying to explain this to folk as you need to be pretty unsympathetic/ dim to not realise how others will react to you smoking.

zippykona

It’s not good but if you confronted him do you really think he’d step back and say ,” you’ve made a very valid point and from this point on I shall reevaluate my life and act in accordance with your wishes” .
    No one on this website has said that and I can’t imagine anyone would in real life.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Do you ever consider the kids who work in horrendous conditions so you can have your cycling gloves, shorts fleece etc.

Until I do can I smoke in every kids face?
    Whataboutery at its finest – everyone knows you can always think of something worse but that fact does not justify this.

It is always a daft point to say oh look there is something worse – its not even a defence its an unrelated fact.

jambourgie
    Free Member

i think part of that effort is not smoking in front of folks children in a childrens play area.

Totally agree, but some people are stupid. Live and let live.

It just gets on my nerves how hypocritical people are about smoking. Whinge about being exposed to cigarette smoke but say nothing about being exposed to petrol fumes, cheap aftershave, visually/aurally offensive children/dogs etc.

jekkyl

lol@ visually offensive children. & yes I hate the stench of cheap aftershave too!
    Anyway, the kids has been dumped at gramps house and I’m off out on 2 wheels in this glorious sunshine & I suggest you all do the same. Toodle Pip.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Me non smoker Mrs crafty one when she’s had a tipple but never near our kids.
    Makes my piss boil when kids with smokers in a car.
    Outside, don’t really care.
    He’s hardly injecting the child with crack!!

winston_dog
    Free Member

Step three on trolling is you deny you are a troll in as rude a manner as possible…….can you resist replying…I doubt it

Of course I can’t resist replying.

No I am not a troll, can’t see why you would think it.

Your posts now make you one of 2 things :

1) You are, as I said earlier, a liar and a internet warrior

or

2)The sort of sanctimonious little prick who thinks he can approach complete strangers and correct them on their behaviour, as it offends you for some reason and is a completely imagined health threat to their children.

Imagine weeing – i dont care where you do it but if you do it too near to me I will say something.

What has that got to do with smoking a cigarette outside?

Is the reply rude enough for you?

shermer75
    Free Member

Does anybody else remember this advert?

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBO83xBZNw[/video]

Is it me, or does Superman sound a bit, well, Russian?!!

sbob
    Free Member

Smoker.
    Wouldn’t dream of lighting up in a kids park.
    I tend to avoid smoking in front of children altogether.

irc

Currently in a playpark, a middle 50s gentleman with a large tum & a cane lights up a fag whilst pushing his grandchild on the swings, do I
    A. Say something and risk crossed words & possibly fisticuffs with a Neanderthal.
    B. Be British, say nothing & walk to other side of playpark.
    C. Get my 3yr old daughter to shout ‘smokers stink’ at the top of her voice.

D Recognise that is legal, none of my business, and in the open air unlikely to cause any measurable harm.

avdave2

Move to Blackpool – I understand they’ve banned it in playgrounds there.

binners

Yes, but in Blackpool it’s compulsory to drink a bottle of WKD blue at all times while in a park. That might do them more harm than the passive smoking. And if the kids are over 6 they ‘ll be needing their first tattoo. And that’ll probably hurt. Actually… It might not if they’ve had enough WKD blue

anagallis_arvensis

I think if you lack the social awareness not to smoke in a kids play area then I would be within my rights to insist you put it out or leave if my child wants to play nearby, like on the next swing in the op’s example.

avdave2

Bad as Blackpool may be binners it’s a town built on those desperate to get out of Manchester for a week every year!

binners

And he’d be quite within his rights to tell you to **** off. And then you may hit some type of critical mass of beinq offended, and your head might explode

Dave – Blackpool is indeed a northern nirvana. I love the place! 🙂

KonaTC

This is outside yes?

FFS!

And he’d be quite within his rights to tell you to **** off.

Think these just about sum it up 🙄

binners

Bedwettertrackworld is slacking a bit here actually, by usual standards. Nobody has suggested involving the police, the environmental health and having social services take the kids into care yet?

This place I’d going to the dogs!

Marin
    Free Member

Whilst his behaviour is terrible you did the right thing by posting on the forum. Always embarrassing for a child to have to watch a wheezy old man kicking their dads ass.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Do you ever consider the kids who work in horrendous conditions so you can have your cycling gloves, shorts fleece etc.?

This.

Everyone is a hypocrite these days, we’re all against war and violence but we definitely want to hang on to our cars and iphones regardless of the human cost.

wind your neck in op.

but for a little balance.. i wouldn’t smoke a joint in a play area.

binners

As it would have no passive effects, would it be acceptable for me to inject cider into my eyeballs in a play area?

Then I can go and shout at buses

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Good god. It’s outside. Get a life and stop being such a busybody.

Strange, STW doesn’t allow direct links to the Daily Mail, but the threads read more and more like that rag every day…..

anagallis_arvensis

And he’d be quite within his rights to tell you to **** off.

Fair enough, he could. Many people have when I’ve got involved before.

anagallis_arvensis

although the last time I had a go at someone in a public park they were shooting up, which is part of the reason I moved last september.

avdave2

I’m going to call the National Council For Civil Liberties to get their views on this issue. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

NCCL…..but THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Unbelievable preciousness about kids and perceived health threats.

Smoking in the open air within one metre of a child? That’s it, the kid’s had it.
    And he’s seen his grandad doing it? Jeez, doesn’t he realise that all kids want to copy old men, they’re so cool.

Ridiculous nonsense.

dabble
    Free Member

Agree with Op.
    Smoker.
    No kids.

Amongst the many anti smoking warnings on fag and baccy packets there is one which reads “Protect children, don’t make them breathe your smoke.” If you watch TV you will have seen an advert that shows the range smoke can travel to and its effectiveness at causing harm even if you can’t see or smell it. Children especially so as they have underdeveloped lungs and generally aren’t as big and tough as me (deffos) and you (possibly 😉 ). Just because they’re outside doesn’t mean the smoke won’t get into their lungs, it’s just not sat there going in and out repeatedly like it would in an enclosed environment. If you can smell it, it’s definitely harming you, maybe only a bit, but so what? Would you let someone pull a strand of your hair out? It’s just one strand, it’s not going to do much, but if every inconsiderate bastard in the world did it then you’d be bald.

Edit- don’t reckon i’d say owt though (guess I’m not that big or tough either 😳 )

MoreCashThanDash

I would have no problem if play areas were made no smoking – in fact it’s a great idea.

But the fact is, they are not, and as a non smoker, I can’t get too wound up about someone smoking near kids in the outside air. Three reasons:

1) I have a sense of perspective. There are probably just as many risks from other particulates in the air, germs all over the place etc, so in the scale of things, a few wisps of fag smoke are just part of life’s rich tapestry.

2) I was brought up around various extended family members who smoked before it became a major health concern. None have died before the age of 75, none have died from lung cancer, I personally appear to have survived the experience thus far. It increases the risks of premature death, but so does crossing the road.

3) The real concern should be about the granddad smoking in front of the kid in his car, or in the house, ie in confined areas.

boxfish
    Free Member

This thread and all posts contained therein are a waste of binary.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

D) drink a cup of tea, get your cock out and start pissing, occasionaly splashing on his clothes and face.

Passive agressive tea drinking.

boxfish
    Free Member

Think of all the damage that those tannins will do. The horror!

endurogangster
    Free Member

It is a bit out of order smoking in close proximity to children, whether it’s outside or not, I imagine it’s just the starting pistols who don’t see this as a problem!

iolo
    Free Member

I don’t believe anyone here would agree that smoking in front of kids is acceptable.
    Ban it in public places they will will only smoke in the car and house.
    Perfect.

jamiea
    Free Member

I don’t believe anyone here would agree that smoking in front of kids is acceptable.
    Perfect.

Spot on! Poison yourself and enjoy dying of lung cancer, don’t inflict it on anyone else.

It’s simply wrong smoking around kids, full stop.

Cheers,
    Jamie, non smoker who woke up to the foul stench of half a dozen fags every morning until I left home at 21.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In norway its banned within sight of a public space. So that includes at home if the curtains arent drawn.

aracer
    Free Member

2) I was brought up around various extended family members who smoked before it became a major health concern. None have died before the age of 75, none have died from lung cancer, I personally appear to have survived the experience thus far. It increases the risks of premature death, but so does crossing the road.

So your family has lucky genes. Well done you. My aunt died of lung cancer at 61 (her sister, mum, who has never smoked as far as I know is 83 and counting).

jamiea
    Free Member

Actually, I too took our little ‘un to the play park earlier today and there was a group of, how to put it, not the most desirable members of society, who took to the bench to roll their own. They at least had the good grace to leave the fenced off area to smoke them, shouting to a 5 year to look after 4 other younger siblings!

Cheers,
    Jamie

anagallis_arvensis

I was brought up around various extended family members who smoked before it became a major health concern. None have died before the age of 75, none have died from lung cancer

Good for you, my Father died of lung cancer at the age of 40, I was 2. But thats hardly relevant to the thread.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Smokers in the kids playpark!’ is closed to new replies.