Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Smart Turbo Trainer Security
  • andywoodall
    Free Member

Interested to hear peoples thoughts, do any of the models on sale have the ability to be secured to a hard point?

I’m thinking of getting one but with the cost of these things for the price of a very decent bike I’m concerned the smarter scummers are going to start targeting them, especially with the way used prices are currently.

I understand people might not want to say too much on an open forum, but if anyone can recommend models that offer more security than others that would be great.

weeksy

Honestly that’s never ever ever entered my mind

Partly because it weighs about 3 tonnes

Ewan
    Free Member

Possibly over thinking this one – assuming the turbo is in your house, anyone who’s broken in and is stealing stuff is unlikely to be lingering over the awkardly shaped, heavy, niche cycling thing – they’re nicking your laptop, car keys, and any thing else they can flog on gumtree.

richmtb

Yeah you might know that that your Tacx Neo is worth a grand but its unlikely the scrote who broke in does.

And if its a professional crook nicking expensive bike stuff to order then any home security solution probably won’t deter them.

Check its covered under your contents insurance instead.

andywoodall
    Free Member

Thanks, all good points.

Might just secure the bike that is attached to it instead, my thinking being they’d have to make so much noise trying to get that off and unlashed from its hard point they’d be disturbed anyway.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

And if its a professional crook nicking expensive bike stuff to order then any home security solution probably won’t deter them.

And if they’re considering your £1k turbo trainer, they’re probably more likely to go for the £8k S-works bolted to it!

lunge

Make a rocker plate and attach it to that. Even if someone wants it they’re going to have a right pain moving it.

andywoodall
    Free Member

This is my thinking, although I don’t have an 8k S-Works, but your point is still very true! 😀

JoB
    Free Member

the OP is justified in being concerned, there have been a few reports recently of burglars making a zwift getaway

try the fish

scaredypants

try the fish

well played 🙂
    Turbot or wahoo ?

andywoodall
    Free Member

Boom, thats a good one 😀

sweaman2
    Free Member

Ewan +1

When I was burgled the thieves took lots of electronics etc.  They did however leave a fully functioning Sat phone I had charging on the desk.  Presumably because to them it looked like something out of the 80’s.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Smart Turbo Trainer Security’ is closed to new replies.