Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Small victories – Let’s have ’em.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Just fixed the pump on my dishwasher. I’ll take that as a win.

blurty

Changed the headlamp bulbs on my car on Friday – had to take all the trim off and the light units out. Only cracked one connector. Result!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Got the leaves off half the garden.

Harry_the_Spider

Changed the headlamp bulbs on my car on Friday – had to take all the trim off and the light units out. Only cracked one connector. Result!

Exactly the sort of shit I’m on about! I had to change a bulb on mine, so I spent 20 minutes freeing the bugger, put it all back together and held it in with one crew, drove to Tesco petrol station to get a new bulb. THEN PROCEEDED TO REMOVE AND REPLACE A HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY IN FRONT OF THE OTHER PUNTERS IN LESS THAN A MINUTE!!! GET THE **** IN!

lunge

Fitted a light fitting in our hallway. Not much for most but for a DIY incompetent like me it was a pretty good effort.
    And I got a pic of mine featured in BBC midlands.

Drac

Sent a letter but didn’t sign it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Neighbour away along the lane felling some trees. Offered to help, as the decent thing to do.

Said “Well, you won’t need firewood once you’ve got this lot seasoned nicely!”

The reply came, “Oh, we don’t have a fire. Not sure what to do with it all, to be honest.”

I’ve got wood.

stumpy01

Wife’s birthday tomorrow, so made a simple chocolate sponge birthday cake with my daughter today.

Also went birthday pressie shopping yesterday with no real clue what to buy, but found several gifts that I know she’ll really like. It was pretty stress free too, so I took that as a win.

jonm81

My inlaws came down to visit last weekend. I spent the whole time in the garage making a bike frame and didn’t see them once.

I take that as one small and one giant victory.

Northwind

Painted the garage floor right up to the door, without leaving anything inside the garage that I need to get to that’s now impossible to reach because of wet paint. Sometimes I surprise even myself

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Painted the garage floor

Was meant to be the ceiling, of course…

Rubber_Buccaneer

Painted the garage floor

I’m sure I’ve seen pictures of your garage and it looked like a major win to have exposed enough floor to paint😀

Northwind

There is a lot of moving stuff around involved

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Held a handstand for 10 seconds, been practicing for 12 months, the Biggie win is my posture has improved and my shoulders are now bullet proof.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve had a change in working hours, after a brief spell of constipation I’ve now reprogrammed my body to deficate prior to leaving the house at 7:20am as I don’t get much opportunity once working. I’m rather pleased.

redthunder
    Free Member

I stopped a wood being destroyed for one day (yesterday) by virtualy laying in front of an excavator.

Sadly they are back this morning at 7:30.

The village is most upset.

Wish me luck.

tthew

The village is most upset.

I’m sure they are! They wanted that pesky woodland gone! 😁

More seriously, good on you redthunder. Taking woodlands in favour of construction projects is very rarely what I’d call progress.

molgrips
    Free Member

Taking woodlands in favour of construction projects is very rarely what I’d call progress.

Do you live in a house or other permanent building? Do you work in one? Do your customers/working associates also? Do you buy food or goods in shops distributed from warehouses? All these things take land that was once woodland unfortunately.

willard

Had a great day splitting firewood on Saturday. One of the piles of logs is now about 2 cubic metres of split firewood, so win!

Mind you, we still have three more piles to split from the other trees. And the stack we made on Saturday fell over so we have to re-stack it, but never mind!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wish me luck

Well if they’re resigned to standing around doing nothing all day, they don’t actually need you there all the time do they?

daftvader
    Free Member

I got a question right on university challenge once

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Got the lawns mowed, hedge trimmed back and cleared up a bunch more windfall apples without being hit by another descending fruit. Mowing the lawn also picked up most of the leaves.

Harry_the_Spider

Well if they’re resigned to standing around doing nothing all day, they don’t actually need you there all the time do they?

Spotting a Douglas Adams reference. Wins all round!

tthew

Do you live in a house or other permanent building? Do you work in one? Do your customers/working associates also? Do you buy food or goods in shops distributed from warehouses? All these things take land that was once woodland unfortunately.

Yes, all correct, but we should be a bit more environmentally sensative these days and be targeting brownfield and sites of lesser flura and forna habitat value that grubbing up woods.

Anyhow, that’s all OT, and I’m pleased to report that the cupboard under the kitchen sinks remain dry a week after I replaced all the wastes.

701arvn
    Free Member

Painted my daughters nails, first for me, we’ll pleased.

Not sure about alternating pink and green though.

jam-bo

Day off. Sun is out and it’s not raining.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Standing in a packed Parliament Square on Saturday, with the nicest, politest bunch of people ever when the Letwin Amendment result was announced. Even the small number of far-right loonies were treated with dignity and respect.

Oh and a uniformed copper grinned at me and shook my hand too.

nedrapier

Another lawn mowing victory here. I’d been looking at it for about a month…

Well done PJM, went to last one, had the 15 month old with me on my own this time.

redthunder
    Free Member

Stay of Execution 🙂

It’s in the hands of the lawyers now 🙂

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I got fed up of having to unplug and plug in and then unplug again the various worktop height sockets in our new kitchen so I removed the two standard double plug sockets and replaced them with double sockets with inbuilt USB connectors thereby doubling the available plug space from four to eight meaning we can leave stuff like the lavazza coffee machine and milk frother plugged in all the time whilst still being able to charge our various communication devices.

Win…

it's a plug innit...

dovebiker

Sold my car to WeBuyAnyCar – they go around the car and make deductions for even the most trivial imperfections, stone chips etc – they missed the 2 creases in the roof caused by me going under a height restriction with a roof rack

woody2000

Into day 2 of the Mrs being away and all 3 of my children are still alive.  Win 🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Serviced my rear suspension (Ooo err missus…) & there’s no squeaks!

theboatman
    Free Member

I got the high score on Donkey Kong at the video games museum yesterday.

oldgit
    Free Member

Been trying to remove the little porcelain? cold legend on the bath taps on and off for about two years with no joy. Unscrewed it with my big toe whilst having a soak the other day.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

All these things take land that was once woodland unfortunately.

Yes, but those were horrible medieval woodlands full of pagans and bandits. These are nice middle class woodlands like the ones in the Matalan adverts.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Held a handstand for 10 seconds, been practicing for 12 months, the Biggie win is my posture has improved and my shoulders are now bullet proof.

How so ?

I got a rubbish left shoulder from an injury a year ago … I think it’s now just about ready to get its strength back

molgrips
    Free Member

Finally got round to getting some Putoline on the bike, and it really is as good as people say. Griding my drivetrain away was the biggest thing that put me off winter riding; I have done two incredibly wet crappy rides now and had a perfectly smooth silent (incredibly so in fact) drivetrain the whole time; and after both rides just hosed the mud off the bike and put it away without any attention to the chain. Magic.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Ro5ey, improved strength and mobility means less muscle imbalances so less prone to injury. Increased shoulder flexion and thoracic extension are your friend, try to squat below parallel with arms overhead to get an idea how much work is needed.
    The Turkish getup is also a great exercise for bullet proofing the shoulders.

redthunder
    Free Member

We lost 🙁

Got a TPO on the last surviving OAK 🙂

SO much for Tree Week 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Small victories – Let’s have ’em.’ is closed to new replies.