Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Small victories – Let’s have ’em.
  • jam-bo

Subaru UK just gave me a short block and fitted it for free. On a 10yr old car with 125k on the clock…

stevious

Plugged a in a memory stick the right way up first time.

frankconway

red thunder – that’s shit.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Changed the headlamp bulb on my mondeo….

Cable to release the bonnet snapped and I had to open it via removing the under-tray and going in from below.. replaced cable and put in new bulb …all took less than 4 hours.

jimmy

I’ve got wood.

Hot neighbour?

stevied
    Free Member

tthew

Re-calibrated the electric window on my van. The one-touch raise function stopped working on the passenger side, I assumed it was a dirty switch contact or something. Mentioned it to one of my colleagues who told me about the calibration thing on his VW, (mine is a Ford), 2 minutes of Googling had the reset procedure.

It’s a VERY small victory, the simplest thing to do, but as I didn’t even know it’s a thing I’d have probably put up with it forever.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

greased my clutch* up
    changed my picture**

* well, the squeaky return spring by my foot, its been driving me nuts
    ** of my kids, its on my desk at work, the last one was from four years ago or thereabouts

perchypanther
    Free Member

greased my clutch* up

The Prodigy’s less succesful follow up single.

catfood
    Free Member

Post hernia op recovery, managed to walk more than five minutes without the need to sit down, woohoo!

Pyro

7 out of 7 on last week’s BBC Quiz of the Week’s News.

I don’t own a TV, rarely listen to the radio, and only read the news online (because, politics…) so it’s nice to see I’m not completely out of touch…

hooli

A lunchtime meeting was cancelled so I popped out for an hour on the bike, I wasn’t as sloppy as I expected and the sun came out towards the end.

Cougar

Got a couple of this week’s Only Connect questions correct that both teams missed.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Managed to get the lid off the pickled beetroot this morning.
    This was the fourth attempt, lunchtime salad was greatly improved today!

Philby

Just back from a dental check-up – no fillings, gums fine so a good day.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Got a couple of this week’s Only Connect questions correct that both teams missed

Why does this attractive, intelligent lady hang about with all these spods?

Cougar

Spods are sexy. Obvs.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Spods are sexy

That has, sadly, not been my experience.

Cougar

Oh, speaking of small victories,

Got the top of the leaderboard in an escape room at the weekend. We win a free game if it lasts till the end of the month.

They have separate leaderboards for 2, 3, 4 and 5-player teams. We beat all the other ones too. (-:

(Are there any other escapologists in the house?)

Cougar

Why does this attractive, intelligent lady hang about with all these spods?

It occurs to me that you could equally ask this question of my previous post.

(Before anyone else says it…)

redthunder
    Free Member

@frankconway
    Thanks. It really does smart 🙁

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-50416854
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/local-news/acres-woodland-severn-beach-cleared-3535953

Any lawyers on here could look over the 1995 amendment to the 1957 planning conditions?… we have no money 🙁 the developer has billions.

Tree Week 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

red thunder – that’s shit.

Yeah, thats like really shit.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

After three years of planning and delays (thanks to planning, builders, neighbourhood politics, brexit (yes, really), ineffective engineers and a host of other things completely out of my control), the builders started work adjusting internally and extending externally my house yesterday 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

Opened the cup cupboard and two mugs fell out, caught them both 😎

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Telly remote volume control was getting iffy so took remote apart and cleaned it.  Volume control fine.  Number 1 & 2 buttons and a few function buttons now not working.  Remote not made any more.🤬

dove1

My 14 year old daughter listened to something I said.

Cougar

Opened the cup cupboard and two mugs fell out, caught them both 😎

I’m really good at stuff like this. My kitchen floor is Victorian earthenware tiles seemingly forged in the fires of Mordor, it’s insta-death to anything that hits it. Over the years I’ve honed ninja-like reactions to catching things with my foot. Wasn’t so great the one time I dropped my kitchen knife, mind…

Harry_the_Spider

I dropped my phone when stood on the viewing platform at Man O’War Beach. Just as it was sailing towards oblivion I managed to swing a leg and volley it back on to the path (without thought of accidently sending myself over the edge). Skilz 100%, phone now about 50% as the impact with my foot and/or the ground means that alligment of the screen is typically one character off to the right.

nickc

Entered my smart season travel card details into a competition to get a full refund on a months travel… I only went and won! Result, and just before Xmas, still have to use Norther Rail though, so not all its cracked up to be

40mpg

Met the wife for lunch. She was buying Christmas wrapping paper. I snuck in some proper scotch sellotape, no more of the cheap stuff which splits, stretches and has no end.

Tiny, tiny win but oh so pleasing!

plumber
    Free Member

Found a deceased laptop in my office cupboard last week.

Thought it must belong to someone

fired it up – my name appears

then remembered it was mine from about 5 years ago……..

whatever I thought was wrong with it 5 years ago has miraculously cured itself

how weird

but new old laptop – which is nice

dropoff

New window winder fitted to the van it’s bliss not having to get out to pick my parking ticket from the machine 😁 and all for £80

RustySpanner

Went on an elective nursing placement at the local Acute Therapy Service.

Got to meet some excellent, inspirational professionals, got paid and a free weeks DBT therapy. 🙂

Bloody marvelous, and I’ve got two weeks off over Christmas too.

Fings is looking up.

jonjones262
    Free Member

Found out the ADEM my 3yo daughter suffered from over the Summer isn’t the type that develops into MS 😀

PJM1974
    Free Member

Portia Mayhew (name changed to protect the innocent) went out with me AND my mate Gary, at the same time when we were at secondary school. I found out because Gary and I sat next to one another in Maths.

I can’t speak for her intellectual development since then, but we’ve just had an exchange on social media about last week’s attack at London Bridge (a stop I routinely use on my way to and from work, no less). I ended up having to politely and very gently explain in single syllable words to Portia why the death penalty may not be a deterrent to suicide attackers and why we can’t just execute people without finding them guilty of a crime first.

Twelve year old me dodged a bullet there I can tell you.

MrOvershoot

jonjones262

Found out the ADEM my 3yo daughter suffered from over the Summer isn’t the type that develops into MS 😀

That’s fantastic news 🙂

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Small victories – Let’s have ’em.’ is closed to new replies.