Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Small things that put you in a good mood
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I found my hiking boots!

Well it cheered me up today. They were a present, see, so emotional value, too, not just a few quid of goretex and laces.

Anyone else have something nice happen?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cliche I know but seeing my children on a morning or after work, it rate cheers me up it does. 🙂

fasthaggis

Cheese on toast

ton

nice clean white cotton underpants.

D0NK

Nice ride to work

taking my commute shoes off and standing on a warm towel in the shower room at work. Mmm toasty.

sorry, having difficulty coming up with none workday stuff, waking up naturally* next to the mrs? possibly, dunno not sure this has happened since kids.

Cliche I know but seeing my children on a morning or after work,

depends whether they see me and come running to me shouting “DADDYYYYYY!” or as last night, turning and seeing me then turning back round to what they were doing without letting on 😥

*ie no alarm clock, mechanical or biological.

AlexSimon

a cuppa

seeing another post on the ‘last thing I made’ thread

text from my wife

DezB
    Free Member

Seeing the neighbour scraping ice off his car windows as I jump on the bike and bimble off. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Tubeless tyre inflated on first attempt.

Buying that compressor was the best decision of my life.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Watching the cormorants and heron hunting in the rapids walking to the station in the morning.

trail_rat
    Free Member

riding to work

riding home

always much happier and relaxed when i can 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone else have something nice happen?

So what actually “happened” Woppit?

Big-M
    Free Member

I occasionally pass my mate on my commute as he rides the other way, always makes me smile.

binners

An absolutely massive, rasping, window-rattling fart. You know the ones that sound lIke someone slowly tearing a set of thick velvet curtains?

nbt

very little at the moment, my life seems to consist of me lurching from one shitty situation to the next 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

binners – Member
    An absolutely massive, rasping, window-rattling fart. You know the ones that sound like someone slowly tearing a set of thick velvet curtains?

Ah yes, the dawn chorus!

Might I just add – The joy of finding a lost/forgotten tenner in a pocket.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Finding a slice of cheesecake in the fridge that I didn’t know was there. I made me do a little dance around the kitchen!

jam-bo

realising about 12hrs after visiting a cash machine it’d given me £15 instead of the £10 i asked for.

and not charged me for it.

wiggles
    Free Member

Being able to eat again after 2 days of being a double ended human volcano…

teasel
    Free Member

A single skin doobie

sandwicheater

Finding money in your winter jacket after getting it from the attic.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Dogs with their heads out of the car window whilst being driven around.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Emma Thompson’s smile.

Definitely riding to work. On Mondays, I take the car so I can carry my supply of shirts and trousers for the week. I hate driving.

Waking up on a Tuesday to four bike commutes makes me smile. And as DezB says – that smugness when your neighbours are scraping furiously. I do like that.

Kryton57

Reading and putting into action this as of last night:

I choose to accept myself unconditionally
    Things are never really as bad or terrible as I think they are
    I am calm, secure and relaxed
    Making a mistake does not make me a mistake
    Mistakes are just mistakes

kayak23

Sub-atomic particles. Loves the little blighters I does! 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

iPod shuffle when it plays the right songs in the right order.

derek_starship
    Free Member

breatheasy – that for me too. It always make me smile.

pondo

Putting warm layers on when you get back to the car after a ride in the cold.

And with specific regard to last night, Mrs Pondo receiving a text alert when we bumped shoulders. So I did it again, and she got another text alert. So I did it again, and she got a third – I decided discretion was the better part of valour and left it at three. You couldn’t make a film about it, but it made us smile. 🙂

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Well getting new job this morn has put me in a wonderful mood, thank you very much.

Not a small thing I know… but when you’ve sat next to the the same fella for 13+ years and for most of those he’s driven round the bend… the sheer relief I’m feeling right now that I will not have to put up with his nonsense is quite some thing.

You know when sportsman say “It’s not sunk in yet” that’s how it feels… I know something good has happened but it’s not unbridled joy just deep deep seated relief…. peace even??

Other than that “small” matter …. any kind of little snooze/doze/power nap is always welcome.

Yak

a scotch egg

boxfish
    Free Member

Watching the birds in the garden

singlespeedstu

The “snap” noise a tyre makes when it seats on a Stans rim.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Winning an internet argument.

jam bo – Member
    realising about 12hrs after visiting a cash machine it’d given me £15 instead of the £10 i asked for.

and not charged me for it.

ATMs stopped handing out £5s in SCOTLAND years ago!

johndoh
    Free Member

The kids being happy and doing as they are asked first time.

Or, as happened this morning, I went into their room to see if they were dressed for school but couldn’t find them. So I traipsed around the house and they were nowhere to be seen. Eventually I went back into the room and still no sign. Then I spotted a bum poking up in the air – there they were, quietly hiding, waiting to be ‘found’. So cute I couldn’t get angry at them still being in the PJs 5 minutes before they had to leave for school…

hooli

Waking up to a cup of fresh brewed coffee on my bedside table in the morning

noteeth
    Free Member

15% discount on my morning cup of coffee (at the Just Ground kiosk, central Brizzle) – just for being a cyclist.

Travis

reading some of these, puts a smile on my face, as I like some of these too!

Bregante

Putting on a jacket that I haven’t worn since last winter…… and finding £30 in the pocket 🙂

Edit: spooky

Might I just add – The joy of finding a lost/forgotten tenner in a pocket.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Brand new socks.
    A random smile from a stranger.
    Fire.
    Easy-over eggs with salt and cracked pepper, on spinach, on buttered toast.
    Irish rain.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

finding £30 in the pocket

Oooh, get him with his £30!

I bet you’ve got heated wing mirrors, too, smug barsteward! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Small things that put you in a good mood’ is closed to new replies.