• This topic has 2,037 replies, 151 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 2,038 total)
  • Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.
  • chewkw
    Free Member

Just got back from work …

S.Korea 2 – 0 Germany

😀   😀  😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

Another big game now…..could Brazil go out too?

Rockape63
    Free Member

The Sun’s headline…Don’t mention the VAR!

chewkw
    Free Member

Another big game now…..could Brazil go out too?

I certainly hope so for such an overated team.

PrinceJohn

Has Neymar stopped rolling yet? Think he’s about to reach Portugal.

ransos
    Free Member

Low has committed Korea suicide.

Kamakazie

How have Serbia not scored?

Brazil defence is all over the place.

binners

God knows how Brazil have kept them out?through the magic medium of rolling around on the floor when anyone goes near them, I suppose

binners

This Serbia team would definitely top the league of people you’d not want to get into a fight with 😳

PrinceJohn

This Brazil team don’t look unbeatable.

In fact no one I’ve seen thus far looks unbeatable. After the group stage there’s no one on current performance that stands out if you take reputation out of it.

PrinceJohn

I’m enjoying Neymar not scoring…

Klunk
    Free Member

so what do we recon for tomorrow ? 6-6 draw as both side play to lose ? bottom half of the draw has only 1 of the “big hitters” in it (and they don’t look that convincing though their striker has had a lot of success brutalizing english defenders)

senorj

I agree.I’d be happy with a 3-3draw and to get more yellows cards than them tbh.

pickering ,Sterling & young to take a hit for the team?

Kamakazie

Got to go for the win. Screw the draw, want the confidence to take on any team of your want to win it.

binners

Great quote from Mrs Binners tonight after watching the Germany fans weeping after being knocked out

”why the **** are they crying? They should try supporting Bolton. They’d soon get used to disappointment “

ugarizza
    Free Member

The tournament is poorer without Germany.

Sweden Vs Switzerland?

I’ll give that a miss.

seosamh77
    Free Member

PrinceJohn

This Brazil team don’t look unbeatable.

Ooops, the ingerlandshirists are getting a bit over confident! 😆

Saying that, youse will never have a better chance than this WC i reckon. #thereforthetaking.

fifo
    Free Member

”why the **** are they crying? They should try supporting Bolton. They’d soon get used to disappointment “

Never a truer word spoken, which is why I found England’s performance against Panama quite unsettling

mikey74
    Free Member

Sweden Vs Switzerland?

I’ll give that a miss.

Really? Germany may have been successful but that hasn’t always meant attractive football. I reckon the Swede/Swiss game could be fairly entertaining.

theotherjonv

I don’t know how old Mrs Binners is, or how long she’s been following Bolton, but I’ve one comment.

29th May 1995. I can even put it closer, about 5 past 2 that afternoon. I turned to my Dad and said ‘It’s Reading. We’ll **** it up’

If she thinks she knows disappointment, she owes 16 year old me an apology.

fifo
    Free Member

I remember that game well. I also remember the dismal season that followed….

Still, the season after was good, my first live match was a 6-1 drumming of Spurs.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sweden Vs Switzerland?

I’ll give that a miss.

I reckon it will be better than Germany have been this tournament, when the 2 highlights are a free kick and your gk growing down the left wing you are not worthy

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Pains me to say it but England might have a chance.

nickc

reckon?  They’ve played appallingly in all three games, if they’d managed to get out of the group, (it would’ve been a travesty as they didn’t deserve to)  they’d have been knocked out in the last 16. they were slow and shambolic.

No ones place is guaranteed, and TBH they’ve never played attractive football. Personally I’m glad they’re going home

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just spied the metro headline

Wurst day ever

binners

Everyone looking forward to England Reserves v Belgium Reserves later then?

Its either going to be the worst game of the tournament so far and finish 0 – 0, or its going to be an absolutely brilliant 4 – 3 thriller!!!

My inner Engerland realist is taking over and after all this build up, and some actual decent football, I’m expecting a more sobering evening.

Still heading to the pub to watch it though, so maybe not that sober 😀

martinhutch

Pains me to say it but England might have a chance.

It’s a miracle that the self-delusion has taken this long to appear. Normally we’re going to win it from about three months before qualification starts.

It’ll be interesting to see if the massive rise in national expectation coincides neatly with England getting nervy, heading into their shells and passing it sideways for 70 minutes.

chomp
    Free Member

I hope it’s even going into the last 10 minutes and then it goes mental with yellow cards all over the place as they try to outdo each others disciplinary record.

If Rashford starts I think he’s going to smash it in the hopes of getting a start for the next game, which could mean the win for England.

I_did_dab
    Free Member

@chomp – Southgate has commented that the press seem to think he should headbutt the Belgian manager at full time to ensure 2nd place.

Winning teams win games.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve been told to WFH today for reasons other than football.  This is going to be a great afternoon 🙂

PrinceJohn

Ooops, the ingerlandshirists are getting a bit over confident!

Saying that, youse will never have a better chance than this WC i reckon

No – I didn’t mean England could beat them… that’s crazy talk (might find out in the quarter final) but the Brazillians have hardly breezed through the group stages. There are no stand out teams thus far. England & Belgium have both looked good, but like Russia haven’t played anyone good yet, & we all saw what happened when they came up against someone half decent.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I really hope he plays a full strength team. The more they play together the more they will gel surely. If he brings in a raft of changes it could well unsettle the original starting 11.

England 3 Belgium 1

martinhutch

but like Russia haven’t played anyone good yet, & we all saw what happened when they came up against someone half decent.

I think they just laid off the juice once qualification was ensured. Can’t be too careful etc.

votchy
    Free Member

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMIH-AiSdi2RwCkn1-d2mUz_JbHXGlsyJd0--Yw

johndoh
    Free Member

England getting nervy

Why should we get nervy – nothing to play for so nothing to lose. I hope we put out a full strength team (usual caveats about ensuring key players aren’t over-worked or exposed to needless injuries/cards), play for the win and keep momentum going.

I don’t think we have a chance of winning the tournament though.

PrinceJohn

England are on ITV tonight – we never win on ITV

rogermoore

Over-analyse this and it seems like a raw deal whichever way it is cut – win or lose, weak or strong – any permutation has it’s downsides in the bigger picture. For me – be happy that we’ve already qualified and field a team with the instruction to play expressive football and enjoy the game and to hell with the result, the pressure is off and we should play as such.

RM.

nicko74

Just popped in to say I loved seeing Germany actually play with a rush goalie in the last couple of minutes of their match yesterday. It was hilarious to watch, proper small boys in the park style, and S Korea’s second goal was as inevitable as it was amusing.

I want to see more teams playing with rush goalies!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Predictions for the g’urland game ?

I reckon Belgium will win 1-0 and it’ll be a fluke goal becuse both teams aren’t really going to contest it.

Its going to be a dull match like the other one a day or so ago.

But, as they’ve already qualified there  seems less pressure and little reason to stress players.

binners

I’m afraid that I agree with you BB. I think its got the potential to be absolutely bloody awful tonight. Like Denmark v France the other day where they just kicked it half-heartedly sideways for 90 minutes.

I really hope it isn’t

Someone just made an interesting point. They said that whenever England do go out, it’ll be Raheem Sterlings fault.

Whether it actually is or not is academic. The press have had him down as the fall guy from day one.

I think he’s probably right. He’s definitely got ‘missed penalty’ or ‘spooning a gilt-edge, match-winning, last minute, absolute sitter into Row Z’ written all over him

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 2,038 total)

The topic ‘Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, rush goalie. World cup thread.’ is closed to new replies.