Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Slim Fast Plan
  • amatuer

Anyone of you fatties tried it?
    My wife is about to start yet another diet. IMO these gimmicky diets don’t work – cut out the sweet things & exercise more works for me, but she never listens to my advice anyway. So just wondering how well it works and what happens when you stop the diet plan?

IanMunro
    Free Member

You get fat again.

Jamie
    Free Member

It works as well as any calorie restricting diet with the added bonus of being unsustainable.

…and what Ian said.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Anyone of you fatties tried it?

Yes.

So just wondering how well it works

It's shite

and what happens when you stop the diet plan?

You've got an almost full tub of Slim Fast left. I just mixed it in with the kids Nesquik.

amatuer

It's my wife that's doing it. Honest 🙄

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Sliming fast never works for long term weight loss. Slim slow is the answer. As you say cut out the picking on snacks. Change your habits over a long period of time, slowly. Add in exercise, make sure its something you enjoy not a horrible gym thing you'll give up after a few weeks.

I tried losing weight quickly and it works to start with, but its to hard to keep up. So I got back into my bike, a bit of football, we got a dog and cut I out the shit. Lost a couple of stone and toned up, took me 2 years (been over 4 now) but its now just normal life and not a diet.

domino

I watched 'My super fat cycling challenge' on Sky the other week where they took 4 overweight women and put them on a British Cycling training programme of diet, education and exercise. It was pretty intensive stuff (not something you could do without some form of diet and exercise advice) but one of the main messages the 4 women took away from it was that fad diets don't work. Cutting out booze, eating healthily and exercise did work, each of them lost over 1.5 stone.

Jamie
    Free Member

The bottom line is if fad diets worked then the companies peddling the quick fixes would put themselves out of business.

The diet industry is worth billions.

organic355
    Free Member

I tried the SF shakes, the ones in the pre-mixed bottles, having 1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch, with snacks of fruit, nuts, oatcakes etc during the day and a "normal" meal at night.

Lost about 10 pounds in 3 months.

meehaja
    Free Member

my sister is into big diets, loses loads of weight, then gradualy puts it all back on, then diets again, then gradually puts it all back on etc etc.

perhaps my idea of diet is different to others, I'm not bothered about losing weight, I just want to be fitter and healthier, hence eat less, do more. Eat whatever you want, but know that by eating, say fish and chips, thats n early start at the gym and I have to run there.

Re: Slimfast, the strawberry one is delicious and I have one for breakfast moat mornings, but only because its all I can handle at that time and I like it. It doesn't fill me up and its not that healthy really. If your "wife" wants to do a shake based, restricted calorie diet then diet mix from various supplement manufacturers is cheaper than slim fast.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Slim Fast Plan’ is closed to new replies.