Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Slightly niche camper multirail question
  • surfer
    Free Member

Been using a Decathlon blow up drive away awning and lashing the fabric over the roof and pegging down. Actually worked pretty well and used it more than I thought while we make a decision on what drive away awning we wanted to invest in.

Costs are increasing as we are looking towards the larger end of the awning market for longer trips such as the Vango Calli III TC. Not cheap but we intend to get our moneys worth and hope to take our grandson with us quite soon.
    Looked at the Fiamma pull out awning but I am not sure if we will use that enough to make the investment. A multirail allows us to use a cheaper awning for the occasional time we will use it so serves a dual purpose.

Question is what multirail. The Reimo looks the top spec standard (no pop top) and their are others such as the S+S one for about £100 cheaper (LWB)

Should I just stump up the Reimo (assuming I can get one) and what are other peoples experiences?

db

We have had Reimo on last 2 vans (T4 swb and now T6 lwb). I like them and we have vango awning, khyam sun screen and a dd tarp with a kador strip.

That said I do sometimes like the idea of a roll out awning just for the speed of putting it away and most have a slot to attach a awning.

Not used other attachment rails so can’t comment on those. Do have other S+S stuff like seat covers and it seems well made.

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks db

dyna-ti

Vango Calli III TC

At one of the DH world cups in Fort William, one of our riders had this tent and i thought it was a smashing tent. huge amount of sitting room, looked easier to put up as well than the 2 room 4 man Coleman i brought. I noticed the zips on it were pretty chunky.

revs1972
    Free Member

Had a reimo on my T4 and a Van moose on my T5. Rail was practically the same , but the rubber bit at each end on the Reimo was made from a more plastic material on the Vanmoose.

At the time the VM was about £100 cheaper. I think they are more the same price now though.
    All other rails just looked cheap in comparison to these 2 IMO

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks

willstaffs
    Free Member

Do you have roof rails? If so look at the funky leisure awning rail, we’ve been using it and it’s spot on!

tillydog
    Free Member

I fitted a Stitches & Steel rail to our camper (not VW) – seems to be substantial and good quality, so don’t really see the need to pay more. Works fine with our drive-away awning. Last time I looked, S&S didn’t have stocks of the rails (probably a month ago?).

(The S&S multirail for a LWB VW van was the right size for our MWB Relay van.)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Slightly niche camper multirail question’ is closed to new replies.