• This topic has 60 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Sliced bread. The best thing since…
  • crikey
    Free Member

I’m with binners, there is a massive amount of hugely poncey behaviour being displayed here in true middle class STW oneupmanship style.

You can by fancy bread all over the UK, you can buy loads of different bread in any supermarket, or you can just buy some nice white sliced bread and get on with making the sandwiches.

To suggest that we are bread deficient in any way leads directly to Communism; why do you hate England so much?

Cougar

Tomato ketchup is for Burgers Chips and for kids.

Do you grill the kids or oven bake them?

khani
    Free Member

To suggest that we are bread deficient in any way leads directly to Communism; why do you hate England so much?

No’ your right, I’ll immediately start buying warbies again to stop the rising tide of evil communism sweeping our green and pleasant land…

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Crikey errr… or it might be that some of us cannot understand why we have let bread become a crappy aerated product when people of all classes in other countries wouldnt stand for it. Yep there is good bread out there in the uk and I try and buy it. But often it is a rip-off aspirational product.

I’d say there is some prolier-than-thou inverse snobbery in those here who are defending poor quality food. It just isn’t a class thing in other countries.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m with binners, there is a massive amount of hugely poncey behaviour being displayed here in true middle class STW oneupmanship style.

What we like nice food 😯 should we eat only deep fried products and ready meals to keep it real?

You can by fancy bread all over the UK, you can buy loads of different bread in any supermarket, or you can just buy some nice white sliced bread and get on with making the sandwiches.

yes you can if you try hard to get good quality bread- rarely from supermarkets IME. The issue is most countries dont sell rubbish bread – see the link on the Chorleyoood process – it was designed to use inferior wheat to make bread…is this distinction lost on you?

To suggest that we are bread deficient in any way leads directly to Communism;

If only marx had known this

why do you hate England so much?

I dont hate England [much] I just dont like the bread

Have you eaten so much you have IBS 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

Tiger bread is the boulangerie equivalent of crystal meth. Cept it tastes fantastic and doesn’t kill you.
    Brilliant with mature cheddar and onion chutney but better with corned dog and HP.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

This statement is Elfinapproved™.

arthurcrabstick
    Free Member

FAO Khani or anyone else who makes bread:

Oven or one of those machines?

chiefgrooveguru

I really do not like sliced bread. Proper bakery bread – not Chorleywood mass-produced stuff – and a decent knife is the future!

crikey
    Free Member

I give you the Oven Bottom Muffin

Saving the Western free world from the evil iniquities of Communism one lunch box at a time…

crikey
    Free Member

Never, in the field of human conflict, was so much owed by so many to so few bakers.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh I dunno; that looks a bit Eastern Bloc to me. 😐

crikey
    Free Member

This is what you want us to eat you foul beasts:

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Probbly more nutritious than some tasteless expanynded polystyrene foam supermarket sliced bread though, in’t it?

khani
    Free Member

FAO Khani or anyone else who makes bread:
    Oven or one of those machines?

Oven, haven’t got a breadmaker, well I have sort of….
    but she’s in bed…..
    Igmc…..

Solo
    Free Member

Ah !. 🙂

The STW forum Bread-Thread. Luurrvelly.

Q’s Anyone ?.

1: When was bread invented ?.

2: What did people eat before the invention of bread ?.
    ***Oh my lord, was there ever such a time 😯 ***

Bread.
    😆

I like a bit of bread, just now and then.
    For a change.

But never can seem to manage a whole one…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

That German bread is the foulest substance known to man. Oh, and Greggs in the north east is great for stotties, they do.ham and lease pudding stotties, magic man! Britain makes the best beer, and best bread, no matter what anyone says. They’re deluded if they think otherwise. I’m not in the bnp before anyone says.

emsz
    Free Member

Making your own bread isn’t poncey. It’s 4 ingredients and most of the time it makes itself!

binners

Crikey is bang on. The oven bottom is the king of all breads. Got a pack in actually.

Hmmmmmm I feel a bacon butty coming on. Anyone who puts bacon on some kind of brownie wholemeal bread deserves treating like a war criminal in my book

GlitterGary
    Free Member

That should have read ‘ham and pease pudding’, stupid phone.

D0NK

I like all sorts of bread, ciabatta is probably my favourite and great for making fresh butties with but none of it lasts more than a day. For packed lunches and day to day prandial needs (and of course toast nobody else does toaster compliant bread) where you don’t want to be going to the shop everyday or constantly having to bake the stuff yourself (god forbid) warbies toastie rules.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Sliced bread. The best thing since…’ is closed to new replies.