Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Slackish 120-130mm trail bike?
  • banjowhacker
    Free Member

Other than Whyte, who makes a slackish (say 67-68 degree head angle) trail bike, less than 140mm travel?
    just wondering.

oink
    Free Member
    honourablegeorge
    getonyourbike
    Free Member

Santa Cruz TRC

z1ppy

2012 Scott Spark 120mm with a 68 or 68.7 degree head angle.

stumpy01

MBR have a preview of the 2012 Fuel EX and apparently that’s getting a 1 degree slacker head angle over the current one. From 68 – 67 degrees I think.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

New Ragley 100/140 sounds like it will be slack and low.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As above, those new Treks look absolutely lovely!

banjowhacker
    Free Member

Hmm… Yes. Those new Treks and Scotts look just the ticket.

kudos100
    Free Member

Chumba xcl

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Yeti ASR 5 is 68degree with a 120mm Fork

dickie
    Free Member

I really like this;

ruscle
    Free Member

Yep Yeti ASR-5 all the way, I run mine with 140mm Talas so even more of a slack head angle.

CheesybeanZ

orange 5 runs great at 120

Northwind

Something reasonably short, with a Works Components angle reducer stuck in it?

5lab

i’ve got a mythic (banshee) wildcard. Fits your requirements perfectly (adjustable angles 67 or 68 deg), has a 1.5 headset so you could run a angleset if you wanted. they’re a grand at freeborn

gab344
    Free Member

The two Yeti’s in dickie’s post, are they the same frame, but different sizes? They look very different around the seat-tube/ back end of the toptube…

dickie
    Free Member

On MTBR both are listed as small but the top one is carbon front triangle.

honourablegeorge

Hmm… hadn’t noticed that before – really like the clean look of the top one, I guess I’d get stiffed with the extra tube if I bought the large.

Edit – you’re right, had a look on the yeti site, it’s the difference between the Carbon & Alloy frames.

That ASRc is my ultimate “don’t need it but would love to have it” bike. Aside from the ones I already have that I don’t need.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Transition Bandit is 67.5deg if you run a 150mm fork. That’s what I’ve gone for and love how it handles. Couldn’t be happier with it.

If you want even slacker, the Mythic/Banshee Spitfire is 66deg in the slack setting and only has 120mm rear travel. A bit heavier, though, and there have been some posts on here about issues with bushing wear. Shame, as by all accounts it’s a ripper.

dickie
    Free Member

That ASRc is my ultimate “don’t need it but would love to have it” bike. Aside from the ones I already have that I don’t need.

Yep, mine too – halfway between the 100mm & 140mm full susser’s I have & lighter than both.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Slackish 120-130mm trail bike?’ is closed to new replies.